Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mitoma v White

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Absolutely rinsed all afternoon, after Mitoma’s 20th minute switch to the left. Reminded me of Solly vs Cucurella, full back wanted no part of it.

Saka ran his bollocks off to help double up, which negated their threat in the second half.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ironically I suspect White would be right up RdZ’s street as a CB, but there we go. Amusing as it is, there are other departures I enjoy rubbing their nose in it more (especially when they assist our goals).

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Myself & Jnr had a 120 second conversation during the game (that's a long conversation with a teenager) about how BW must only know a couple of members of the team that started today. He was a good player for us, but lockdown prevented a lot of people knowing anything about him. On NSC we had the privilege of Leeds fans telling us how good he was thanks to Bielsa (sp). Our in depth conversation concluded that BW doesn't stand a chance against Mitoma, the rest of the game proved it.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Cannot understand why Mitoma didn’t start on the left up against Ben White.

White got away with it as he only had to try and deal with him for 60 mins!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Mitoma skins international full backs time after time, from a standing start.
Everyone knows what he’s going to do, including the defender, but he can’t be stopped.
I struggle to think of players in Premier League history who can do what he does, so often. Ronaldo springs to mind.
Arjen Robben as well

BLFarris

Big Lad
Jan 26, 2021

He defends better than Julio so possibly started on the right to help protect Moises at right back against Martinelli, which he did very well.
Once Trossard appeared RDZ saw the opportunity to switch as different threat from Leo.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
White always looks like he'd rather be on a sun bed or having another tattoo done. He gives the impression that he doesn't really like football but it pays well.

Even if he was still with us, I'd still prefer Veltman and would be looking to upgrade next season
In an interview he did when he was with us, he said that he didn't watch football growing up, he just loved playing it.

Rumour has it that the reason he left England's training base in Al Wakrah was that he had an exchange of words with Steve Holland, in front of the rest of the team, and Holland was annoyed Ben was not aware of some vital information relating to his personal stats' during a team meeting ahead of the second group fixture with the USA.

Basically, not interested in football outside of training and Matches.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think White would be fantastic in this Brighton team. He might not be the world's best pure defender but his ability on the ball and passing range is excellent. He'd fit in well as either a centre back or right back. I reckon if he played at right back our right hand side with him and March would be as good as our left side combo of Estupinian and Mitoma.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This. Potter spotted it and only played him in a three, so Dunk and Webster could do the dirty work, or in midfield. Arteta let him get bullied as a pure centre back the whole of his first season at Arsenal.
He got bullied by Brentford early on (1st. league game?) for Arsenal, but he certainly didn't get bullied at Newport (where quite early on he apparantly went right thhrough Adam El Abd) or Leeds, and I wouldn't say he was bullied the whole of that first season at Arsenal - after the first shouts of 'why have we got him when we've got Saliba out on loan' after the Brentford match died down, he was well liked by the fans.

I think I read in the BBC Gossip section that Arsenal are after a RB from somewhere - maybe Ben's best footballing move would be to look for a move to a club that plays three at the back (and has good sun-beds!), because as a RCB he is superb, as shown by his season at Brighton.

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Ben White just surfacing this morning from Mitoma's pocket!

1684137036518.png

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

To help out Caicedo against Martinelli/Tierney I think as Mitoma's far more diligent defensively than Enciso. Once Martinelli had been seen off and it was clear Moises had everything in hand, could afford to switch.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020

Because we needed Mitoma for his tracking back against Martinelli to help Caicedo as he's not a RB.

Once Martinelli went off De Zerbi switched them as he believed Caicedo could handle Trossard with less support from Enciso.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here