Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mirror says replacement lined up is Oscar!

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
I can't really see us acrimoniously parting company with Gus and then giving his job to his best mate. In terms of 'credentials' OGJ has better managerial ones than Gus did when he got the job, and that worked out OK.

OGJ all the way.

I actually believe you're correct with the 'handing Poyet's job to his best mate' is highly unlikely - I would personally be all for Ole Gunnar Solskjær!! Just so we can sing 'Ole' to the same tune of the Vincente song!! That would be pretty ace!

IF Oscar comes in and does a great job then great! But... for the time being we have a manager and this is speculation from the 'Mirror'... reputable source indeed ; )

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He's Spanish, young, highly rated and was inthe running for the Barca job. You don't manage Barcalona's youth team unless you have something about you. I reckon he is gonna be ace. IF he comes that is!
THIS is worth repeating IMHO...

There is so much nonsense guffed on here but in amongst the crapness of the past few weeks this is the glistening diamond of hope.

We might be about to appoint as our manager a bloke who was in the running when the last manager of BARCELONA was appointed...!!! If he turns out to have an ego smaller than Jupiter, and also doesn't regard the first 70 minutes of a football match as an exercise in boring keep-ball, then that will be all the better.

Wilko 1901

May 7, 2013
Hove
I'd be happy if this happens, and double-happy that if it's not anyone of the ilk of Redknapp or Neville. Anyone that has managed in the Barca set-up can only be a good sign.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't understand this "He news some English football experience" viewpoint. It's been proved time and time again that Continental football beats English football more often than not. So why would we want someone with experience of the worse version?

Great point.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
OGJ seems the absolutely best option out there to me. His Barca credentials and success in his first managerial post in Israel suggest Tony would be on to a winner with Oscar. And the fact that the OGJ story is in the Guardian certainly gives it more credence for me c.f. its appearance in the other national rags. Here's hoping Gus OUT today, Oscar in TOMORROW or SUNDAY. Training Monday.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
OGJ seems the absolutely best option out there to me. His Barca credentials and success in his first managerial post in Israel suggest Tony would be on to a winner with Oscar. And the fact that the OGJ story is in the Guardian certainly gives it more credence for me c.f. its appearance in the other national rags. Here's hoping Gus OUT today, Oscar in TOMORROW or SUNDAY. Training Monday.

Agree 100%

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Mirror vs Daily Star then :facepalm: both outstanding publications

John Cross of the Mirror got Pochettino to Southampton absolutely right the day before anyone even knew Adkins was on his way out. And you'll note that the byline on the Mirror story is that of John Cross.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
THIS is worth repeating IMHO...

There is so much nonsense guffed on here but in amongst the crapness of the past few weeks this is the glistening diamond of hope.

We might be about to appoint as our manager a bloke who was in the running when the last manager of BARCELONA was appointed...!!! If he turns out to have an ego smaller than Jupiter, and also doesn't regard the first 70 minutes of a football match as an exercise in boring keep-ball, then that will be all the better.

Did Barcelona say he was 'in the running' ? Or desk based journalists who know no more than us. Me thinks you need to stop believing some of the stuff you read.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Did Barcelona say he was 'in the running' ? Or desk based journalists who know no more than us. Me thinks you need to stop believing some of the stuff you read.

To be honest, when papers make stuff up, without substance, they don't come up with a youth-team coach's name.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I love Google Translate

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/resto-del-mundo/oscar-paso-entrenar-brighton-2429696

Oscar Garcia , who left the bench of Maccabi Tel Aviv after lead you to the league title in Israel ten years after his latest conquest, is the favorite to take the bench for Brighton , southern England club that came within one step to achieve promotion to the Premier last season.

The Brighton works with a list of four candidates, it also excelling Tim Sherwood , but is preferred by the club, considering his work in the quarry Barca and Maccabi Israel, protruding beyond the title, the have implemented a game system based on defined and Barca. That circumstance would have been decisive among the English club advisors.

The Catalan coach, who was among the candidates to succeed Manuel Pellegrini in Malaga and was also probed to replace Manzano , Mallorca has already been contacted by the leaders of the 'Seagulls', that since Thursday negotiate the termination of Gustavo Poyet , who after losing in the play off for promotion against Crystal Palace was suspended from his job for criticizing, he said, "little ambition" club.

Poyet, who has a contract with Brighton for three more seasons, could agree to their departure from the club, along with collaborators Charlie Oatway and Mauricio Taricco, this same weekend, when it is expected that employees of President Tony Bloom accelerate negotiations with Pere Guardiola , manager of Oscar that could move to Brighton today.

Although details were not disclosed, to Oscar , who would join the club with a helper that Catalan and have chosen but he did not, yet, make known, he would be offered a contract for two seasons.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I love Google Translate

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/resto-del-mundo/oscar-paso-entrenar-brighton-2429696

Oscar Garcia , who left the bench of Maccabi Tel Aviv after lead you to the league title in Israel ten years after his latest conquest, is the favorite to take the bench for Brighton , southern England club that came within one step to achieve promotion to the Premier last season.

The Brighton works with a list of four candidates, it also excelling Tim Sherwood , but is preferred by the club, considering his work in the quarry Barca and Maccabi Israel, protruding beyond the title, the have implemented a game system based on defined and Barca. That circumstance would have been decisive among the English club advisors.

The Catalan coach, who was among the candidates to succeed Manuel Pellegrini in Malaga and was also probed to replace Manzano , Mallorca has already been contacted by the leaders of the 'Seagulls', that since Thursday negotiate the termination of Gustavo Poyet , who after losing in the play off for promotion against Crystal Palace was suspended from his job for criticizing, he said, "little ambition" club.

Poyet, who has a contract with Brighton for three more seasons, could agree to their departure from the club, along with collaborators Charlie Oatway and Mauricio Taricco, this same weekend, when it is expected that employees of President Tony Bloom accelerate negotiations with Pere Guardiola , manager of Oscar that could move to Brighton today.

Although details were not disclosed, to Oscar , who would join the club with a helper that Catalan and have chosen but he did not, yet, make known, he would be offered a contract for two seasons.

Bit more substance in that one. Still wait and see though.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I love Google Translate

proper South American speak there!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here