Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall - Boxing Day 2012

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Just a thought: Does anyone know what the maximum capacity of the car parks + park and ride + special buses is?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
So on a wider point, do we think that we will never play a home game on Boxing day again?

That would be a shame.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Dunno if it will be 27/12 either (although in reality this may be the case) because that only leaves 24hrs before our next game against Watford on the 29/12

Have you not heard. They have moved the Watford match as the January Sales start that Saturday and extra pressure on the transport infrastructure would be unmanageable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So on a wider point, do we think that we will never play a home game on Boxing day again?

That would be a shame.
Yes, but only if a train service was running. I'm sure it has run on Boxing Days in the past, so it might do so again.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Pay £11 for a car parking space? Get somebody to drop you off? Book a place on one of the coach services that pick up fans from around Sussex and drop them off within 50 yards of The Amex?
Both the coach services and parking spaces are very limited - certainly not nearly enough to get everyone here. Me? If it's still on I'll drive - first to Mill Road P&R and if that's full then it's off to Coldean for some on-street parking, though I doubt the locals will be very welcoming. With neighbours like you who needs 'travellers'?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So in short the game is likely to be moved but no one knows yet to when?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have to say I agree with [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] on this one. Perhaps they will find a way to run trains between Brighton and Farmer despite the rest of the line being closed like they ocassionally managed at withdrawn (Preston park) when the rest of the mainline was closed. fatboy slim worked ok with no trains too.

A fair point. And the Albion will have all the park and ride, university and BF parking at their disposal which Fatboy didnt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, but only if a train service was running. I'm sure it has run on Boxing Days in the past, so it might do so again.

You reckon the white flag waving bottle jobs at Southern Rail might consider running a train service on Boxing Day? Have you been drinking?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
A fair point. And the Albion will have all the park and ride, university and BF parking at their disposal which Fatboy didnt.

There was trains to get people there though and a bus every 5 minutes to get people back into Brighton afterwards. It also didnt have about 20,000 attending. There was parking for BBB5 and a P&R may of also ran to one of the sites.

You cant compare both as they are totally different.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
It's 2012! (well, almost 2013, by then). It's really a bit backward to not have trains running on Boxing day, isn't it?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
There was trains to get people there though and a bus every 5 minutes to get people back into Brighton afterwards. It also didnt have about 20,000 attending. There was parking for BBB5 and a P&R may of also ran to one of the sites.

You cant compare both as they are totally different.

Plus one is happening on a major bank holiday. Extra cost of paying drivers etc to consider.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
It was less than 14,000 ten minutes ago!

Also, what's to say there can't be a bus every five minutes after Millwall?

I'm not sure there are enough buses in the system to compensate for no trains. Judging by some of the old wrecks that are used on Matchdays, it would appear that every avaialble bus is already being used.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
To think that we might never have a home Boxing Day fixture again leaves me feeling very sad. We have to be able to make it work.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It was less than 14,000 ten minutes ago!

Also, what's to say there can't be a bus every five minutes after Millwall?

Because it will cost a hell of a lot more to run than a Saturday night in July ?

To think that we might never have a home Boxing Day fixture again leaves me feeling very sad. We have to be able to make it work.

There could still be, just not at the Amex as were heavily reliant on public transport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here