Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall - Boxing Day 2012

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
How does whether we play at home or not affect Creepy, and their record 5000 crowds?

Before they do the fixtures, every team gets to nominate a team that they are paired with so they don't both play at home the same day.
It makes more sense for Arsenal/Tottenham or Everton/Liverpool but we have chosen Crawley for some reason.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Grrrr...double post

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Before they do the fixtures, every team gets to nominate a team that they are paired with so they don't both play at home the same day.
It makes more sense for Arsenal/Tottenham or Everton/Liverpool but we have chosen Crawley for some reason.

Fair point. Maybe we should have chosen Whitehawk. They probably get bigger crowds.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ahhh...we should be playing Palace just like the old days! Anybody remember the Easter game at Selhurst with the 5 pens...Palace missing 3 of em? World record at the time if i remember correctly.

Or was it a May bank holiday? I can't remember!

British record and it was Easter Monday

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Be interesting to see how Millwall fans get to the Amex if they come down by train to Brighton

Living in an area with a lot of Millwall, most decided to drive last year so they can get a drink, and not get hassled by the OB.If they travel by train, they are generally herded away from the watering holes on arrival. I know of at least one unofficial coach that's being planned for this year. They are also pretty unimpressed by being pepper sprayed by nervy coppers last year. Most of em round here are alright really, i went to the Den with them last year and they thought the 'one nil to the nancy boys' chant was hillarious. They actually don't mind us, the mutual hatred of Palace helps on that score.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Because we started the season away i think (because of Pride), means that a Home game falls on Boxing Day. Think the club would prefer a March game myself, as more people could obviously attend and we could be in for a play-off/promotion place - so it could be a very important game which could sell a lot of tickets.

We didn't start this season away because of Pride - Pride was last weekend.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Every team starts either H-A-A-H or A-H-H-A. The fact Pride was on the date of the fourth game of the season meant we had to be A-H-H-A rather than H-A-A-H.

Thank you - you learn something new every day so they say.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
How will they get to Falmer not to Brighton I asked ? The line to Falmer is closed on Boxing Day

I think it may yet be re-arranged, so Boxing day might not be an issue.

I'm assuming we are linked with Crawley due to the fact the both clubs are policed by Sussex Police.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Originally Posted by The Complete Badger
Every team starts either H-A-A-H or A-H-H-A. The fact Pride was on the date of the fourth game of the season meant we had to be A-H-H-A rather than H-A-A-H.

Sounds like a take on me.

I thought it was the lyrics for 'The Laughing Policeman' at first.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
When did they hear that?

when Nooney put us 1-0 up...shortly before i got hit by a stray coin incidently, apparantly it was carried over by a swallow flying over head, as i was told it would never of come from the Millwall end by a steward!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here