Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Milliband to outlaw "islamaphobia" if elected.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
If a phobia is an irrational fear of something, then Labour are going to criminalise feelings. What next I wonder? I must re-read my old copy of George Orwell's 1984 to see what's next on their agenda.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Nobody seems to have actually read the report - nothing new there then!

What is being proposed is that any attack which includes an Islamaphobic element will be recorded as an aggravated one. Exactly the same as is currently the case in regards to homophobicor racist attacks. Personally I see no problem with this suggestion.

There is no proposal that new offences are being created, simply that those committing an offence will have the motive for that offence taken into account.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Nobody seems to have actually read the report - nothing new there then!

What is being proposed is that any attack which includes an Islamaphobic element will be recorded as an aggravated one. Exactly the same as is currently the case in regards to homophobicor racist attacks. Personally I see no problem with this suggestion.

There is no proposal that new offences are being created, simply that those committing an offence will have the motive for that offence taken into account.

So on this basis any black shirted fascist that attacks the Jewish community just gets a normal conviction rather than an elevated hate crime under any new Labour government. So why is one religion more important than others. I'm sure its nothing to do with securing votes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
6 days to go until UKIP become an irrelevance as a political party.
Were that to happen it would be a real shame.

As what would we be left with?

As much as I despise the tweed wearing, private members club dwelling, narrow minded, intolerant, racists that lurk in UKIP.
It's hard not to be impressed by the way Farage has shaped Labour and Tory policies, and steered this election towards his policy(s)

If the pay off for ousting the Tory/Labour power pact, in favour of a government made up of people working together like normal people for the benefit of normal people, means having a few hat stand mentalists then so be it.

Obviously I am acutely aware that suggesting this country was capable of having adult representation behaving like ego free adult representatives and working towards the common good, makes me the biggest mentalist of us all.

D

Deleted member 22389

Were that to happen it would be a real shame.

As what would we be left with?

As much as I despise the tweed wearing, private members club dwelling, narrow minded, intolerant, racists that lurk in UKIP.
It's hard not to be impressed by the way Farage has shaped Labour and Tory policies, and steered this election towards his policy(s)

If the pay off for ousting the Tory/Labour power pact, in favour of a government made up of people working together like normal people for the benefit of normal people, means having a few hat stand mentalists then so be it.

Obviously I am acutely aware that suggesting this country was capable of having adult representation behaving like ego free adult representatives and working towards the common good, makes me the biggest mentalist of us all.

I think UKIP are here to stay. The number of leaflets through my door and number of people representing across the board is amazing.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So does thismean that after the Paris killings anyone who used #I'mCharlie is now guilty of a hate crine. Also if anyone whats to follow the Danish cartoonist they are likewise guilty of a hate crime. Perhaps the headline should have been 'if elected Labour will abolish free speech' Maybe a masterplan to cut the the deficit with the government placing a tax on stones that are used at the public stonnings for those guilty of this new hate crime.

The two potential examples you are quoting are very extreme and it would be fairly ridiculous if they were considered to be hate crimes because they are, as you suggest, about free Speech. Surely this is more about if you beat someone up or do something else to someone BECAUSE they are a Muslim, then the penalty might be all the more harsh..

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If a phobia is an irrational fear of something, then Labour are going to criminalise feelings. What next I wonder? I must re-read my old copy of George Orwell's 1984 to see what's next on their agenda.

Another silly and extreme interpretation of what has been said, unless it is tongue in cheek.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well here we go, Ed's controllers the Unions on "Islamaphobia", from the Guardian.
"Andrew Murray, the union’s chief of staff, told the rally in Stepney Green: “I am not speaking in a personal capacity, I am speaking on behalf of the union … and I am sending a message of support from our general secretary, Len McCluskey. Unite is proud to associate ourselves with Lutfur Rahman.”
He called the judgment “an undemocratic assault on the people of Tower Hamlets” which was both “racist” and “Islamophobic”.
The leader of Britain’s biggest trade union has expressed his support for the former mayor of Tower Hamlets, east London, who was removed from office after being found guilty of electoral fraud.
Len McCluskey, the general secretary of Unite, Labour’s BIGGEST donor, gave his backing on Thursday to Lutfur Rahman, who was dismissed after a court ruling last week.
The intervention, at a rally for the ousted mayor, will cause some discomfort for Labour, whose councillors and MPs have praised the decision by Judge Richard Mawrey.

Then Hamas loving George Galloway steps in
"George Galloway, the former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, sent a recorded message that described the decision as “an anti-democratic, anti-Islamic and racist coup”.

Well George, try using that message on one of the four that brought this case out into the open, namely Azmal Hussein.
Azmal Hussein, in one of Hussein’s Brick Lane curry houses, they are still giddy.
Azmal had just come back from the town hall. “Everyone was saying well done, justice has been done,” he beams. He’s just written “Nobody is above the law” on Facebook, in English and Bengali.

They are an unlikely bunch of revolutionaries — a Labour-voting Bengali businessman who used to be an ally of George Galloway,

The mayoral election will be rerun after Rahman and his supporters were found to have used religious intimidation through local imams, vote-rigging and wrongly branding his Labour rival a racist to gain power. Mawrey, the election court judge, found Rahman guilty of seven out of nine allegations.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...mccluskey-backs-dismissed-mayor-lutfur-rahman

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I haven't seen the full text of the interview, although the report is interesting. Hamed Chapman points out Milliband's inability to differentiate between religiously and politically motivated terrorism, a serious point in my mind. Groups like IS should primarily be seen as politically motivated.

D

Deleted member 22389

Well here we go, Ed's controllers the Unions on "Islamaphobia", from the Guardian.
"Andrew Murray, the union’s chief of staff, told the rally in Stepney Green: “I am not speaking in a personal capacity, I am speaking on behalf of the union … and I am sending a message of support from our general secretary, Len McCluskey. Unite is proud to associate ourselves with Lutfur Rahman.”
He called the judgment “an undemocratic assault on the people of Tower Hamlets” which was both “racist” and “Islamophobic”.
The leader of Britain’s biggest trade union has expressed his support for the former mayor of Tower Hamlets, east London, who was removed from office after being found guilty of electoral fraud.
Len McCluskey, the general secretary of Unite, Labour’s BIGGEST donor, gave his backing on Thursday to Lutfur Rahman, who was dismissed after a court ruling last week.
The intervention, at a rally for the ousted mayor, will cause some discomfort for Labour, whose councillors and MPs have praised the decision by Judge Richard Mawrey.

"George Galloway, the former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow, sent a recorded message that described the decision as “an anti-democratic, anti-Islamic and racist coup”.

The mayoral election will be rerun after Rahman and his supporters were found to have used religious intimidation through local imams, vote-rigging and wrongly branding his Labour rival a racist to gain power. Mawrey, the election court judge, found Rahman guilty of seven out of nine allegations.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics...mccluskey-backs-dismissed-mayor-lutfur-rahman

Unbelievable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think UKIP are here to stay. The number of leaflets through my door and number of people representing across the board is amazing.
That's probably more to do with the millions of pounds of funding UKIP gets from ...

...The EU.

D

Deleted member 22389

That's probably more to do with the millions of pounds of funding UKIP gets from ...
...The EU.

About time we had a political party that represented the views of people in this country, something the Labour party used to do.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

...The EU.

Really, where?
These Are The People Funding UKIP’s Election Campaign
Nigel Farage’s party is surging ahead in the polls thanks to a more professional campaign. The money to help them is coming from the City and property developers.
Figures released on Thursday morning by the Electoral Commission show that the total sum of donations received by the Eurosceptic party hit £493,000 in the first three months of 2014, a up from £270,000 received in the final three months of 2013.

These were UKIP’s biggest donors between January and March, along with the amount they donated. They are the ones digging deep to fund the party’s surge.
Stuart Wheeler, spread betting tycoon, donated £185,000 to UKIP.
Upmarket London property developer Mura Estates donated £65,000 to UKIP.
Growth Financial Services Limited, connected to hedge fund boss Christopher Mills, donated £50,000 to UKIP.
Robin Birley, club owner and Zac Goldsmith’s half-brother, gave £50,000 to UKIP.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/these-are-the-people-funding-ukips-election-campaign#.jaYzoQ1BB

Now look at this report which shows how much the parties got in donations. The Ukip donations seem to tally up with the figures above.
http://www.electoralcommission.org....litical-parties/quarterly-donations-and-loans

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Whats disturbing is the silence of the feminists.

If you support the welfare and advancement of women surely the main priority is to make sure women are safe from harm, physical and sexual abuse. Yet again you wont hear a peep out of the flag wavers for women's rights. They are imo pathetic and a disgrace, I would say a laughing stock but the way they've been hamstrung by identity politics would be enough to make me weep, if I did that sort of thing.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
So on this basis any black shirted fascist that attacks the Jewish community just gets a normal conviction rather than an elevated hate crime under any new Labour government. So why is one religion more important than others. I'm sure its nothing to do with securing votes.

No - read the report.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Surely this is more about if you beat someone up or do something else to someone BECAUSE they are a Muslim, then the penalty might be all the more harsh..

But the law exists already for religiously aggravated hate crime. Im not entirely sure what Milliband is proposing to be honest,its incredibly vague,and why privilege religion in hate crimes?

I wonder if this is just another case of him opening his mouth without thinking about the fine detail to win some votes

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

Well George, try using that message on one of the four that brought this case out into the open, namely Azmal Hussein.
Azmal Hussein, in one of Hussein’s Brick Lane curry houses, they are still giddy.
Azmal had just come back from the town hall. “Everyone was saying well done, justice has been done,” he beams. He’s just written “Nobody is above the law” on Facebook, in English and Bengali.

They are an unlikely bunch of revolutionaries — a Labour-voting Bengali businessman who used to be an ally of George Galloway,

Rahman is a w@nker! As is anyone who supports him!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really, where?
These Are The People Funding UKIP’s Election Campaign
Nigel Farage’s party is surging ahead in the polls thanks to a more professional campaign. The money to help them is coming from the City and property developers.
Figures released on Thursday morning by the Electoral Commission show that the total sum of donations received by the Eurosceptic party hit £493,000 in the first three months of 2014, a up from £270,000 received in the final three months of 2013.

These were UKIP’s biggest donors between January and March, along with the amount they donated. They are the ones digging deep to fund the party’s surge.
Stuart Wheeler, spread betting tycoon, donated £185,000 to UKIP.
Upmarket London property developer Mura Estates donated £65,000 to UKIP.
Growth Financial Services Limited, connected to hedge fund boss Christopher Mills, donated £50,000 to UKIP.
Robin Birley, club owner and Zac Goldsmith’s half-brother, gave £50,000 to UKIP.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/these-are-the-people-funding-ukips-election-campaign#.jaYzoQ1BB

Now look at this report which shows how much the parties got in donations. The Ukip donations seem to tally up with the figures above.
http://www.electoralcommission.org....litical-parties/quarterly-donations-and-loans

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11295626/Ukip-secures-1.5m-EU-funding.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_for_Direct_Democracy_in_Europe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here