Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mill Road Park & Ride. First and last time.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They don't know they're born do they!

I leave at just after 10 and get back around 20.30. Mind you, that does allow time for little drinkey pre and post match. (I come by train by the way).

Why can't people just enjoy their day; why the mad rush to get home? I am sure most have a stressful working week, so on a Saturday, relax and enjoy the day for what it is. Perhaps have a conversation with someone in the queue rather than standing there scowling!!

Watching Brighton at the Amex is an absolute pleasure for me, the old mates and whole experience is light years away from the faff and discomfort of Withdean ( yes folks, I was a STH there too although based in Southend) that I couldn't imagine having a whine about it now.

I suppose some folks just aren't happy unless they've got some minor inconvenience to crap on about.

Just guessing but if the mill road park and ride is such an ordeal he can't ever have been to Withers.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I've had a word with Tony for you. He's made sure that a seat is reserved for you so that, unlike the 30,000 other people, you won't have to queue. Also he's emailed you the mobile phone numbers of all the Championship referees so that you can text them when you get to the ground, letting them know what time you'd like them to kick off.
sorry for any inconvenience. :jester:

That's more like it!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Would have made absolutely no difference whether I parked in Coldean or not as hundreds of others were doing it anyway.

Those hundreds probably said the same thing.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You honestly think going to The Amex to follow Brighton is a 'survival of the most tolerant'? Bloody hell just how lucky are we!

tbf the whole issue of getting in and out is making it marginal for me. Can easily see myself waving the white flag and bunging the £££ into a dozen away games

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Would have made absolutely no difference whether I parked in Coldean or not as hundreds of others were doing it anyway.

That is exactly what caused the issues in coldean, and ultimately cost the club much in the same way in the 1st Amex season all the people who didn't pay for travel vouchers but used the system anyway.

Makes my piss fizz tbh "don't do queues". What would you do if you had a real problem?

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
And forget all the crap about 25,000 crowds. At the Goldstone we accommodated many more than that without any major fuss ... and we could park in all the roads between Hove Park and Dyke Road.
That's not really a fair comparison. We were only getting crowds like that in the 1970s when there were literally half the number of cars on UK roads as there are today. Also, fewer people were paving over their front gardens to make driveways which means there were twice as many parking spaces available. Also 28-30,000 crowds there were rare, not fortnightly as they are now.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Went to almost all home games at Withdean. Parked about ten minutes walk away. Easy peasy.

If you " don't do queues" then you can't have needed to have a leak there then. Christ on a bike mate, is it really such an ordeal to wait for a few minutes?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Is it the cost of transport that is too much for you?

Yes and No .. more to do with the agg. I Uni park having given up on P&R. It's as good as you can get but still far from ideal. I'm not moaning per se but it may well lead to me giving up my ST. On the other hand if I move to the east think I'd be more than happy coming in by train from Seaford/Eastbourne direction

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's simple really. Before parking restrictions at Coldean I could leave home at 1.45 and I got back home by about 5.40, plus I had the benefit of a reasonably invigorating 20 min walk each way. Now I have to leave home earlier, get home later, stand in endless queues, and no exercise.

And forget all the crap about 25,000 crowds. At the Goldstone we accommodated many more than that without any major fuss ... and we could park in all the roads between Hove Park and Dyke Road.

I guarantee that if NSC was around when we were having such big crowds at the goldstone there would have been 'major fuss'.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Yes and No .. more to do with the agg. I Uni park having given up on P&R. It's as good as you can get but still far from ideal. I'm not moaning per se but it may well lead to me giving up my ST. On the other hand if I move to the east think I'd be more than happy coming in by train from Seaford/Eastbourne direction

Do any of the Seagulls Travel coaches come anywhere near you, the coach park is just so easy and close, not cheap but so is the parking I would imagine.
I was doing the train but it's too much for me with my trouble so the coach has made my ST possible, changed everything for me

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
You have answered your own question there.

Possibly. But why would the Club think they could (or should) control parking in Coldean - and why would it be expected ? Who raised it as being a responsibility of the Club ? At what point did it come into the equation ? Was it introduced by the Club or was it a demand of the planning authorities ?

And you did not answer my question. Why not Woodingdean ?

Nickols4

May 25, 2011
Dorking, Surrey.
I've used Mill Road P&R for every single game but 2 since we've moved to The Amex when travelling from Dorking. Absolutely no issue with it what so ever.

Yes there are queues after the game, and yes there is traffic getting to the ground, but I'm not sure what on earth you are expecting when using a mode of transport to get to a stadium with 25,000+ people at?!

Honestly think that's its a very efficient service.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
There is only one problem with the transport links to the stadium and that is they are too convenient and too close. If the station was 20 minutes walk away and the park and ride involved walking around the Amex five times, doing a little dance and having to sing a couple of Ken Dodd songs then the moaners would be happy. However, unlike all other at all other clubs, the station, park and ride and car arks are right by the stadium and so no time is spent walking to them. What WERE the club THINKING ??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
It's simple really. Before parking restrictions at Coldean I could leave home at 1.45 and I got back home by about 5.40, plus I had the benefit of a reasonably invigorating 20 min walk each way. Now I have to leave home earlier, get home later, stand in endless queues, and no exercise.

You could always run on the spot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here