Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mill Road Park & Ride. First and last time.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
For the past two seasons I've used the Mill Road park and ride and despite the slight annoyances I'm grateful that it exists. I'm sure it can be improved but without it getting to the ground would be much more of a hassle.

As for 'I don't do queuing', pull your head out of your backside, no-one enjoys it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Here's an option: Deal with it princess; we get big crowds every week. If you 'don't do queuing' then I'd suggest you go and watch a team that doesn't have a 26K average gate. Crawley isn't far, although you may have to queue at the roundabout at the top if the Pease Pottage slip road.

Exactly where I am, if you don't like the prospect of a queue the Amex is not for you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Quite a few elderly people use the park and ride too. So i dont think some would like being dropped off at the uni.

Your P and R experience is THE mill road P and R experience.. unless you leave the game a few mins before the end - which is why many do.

Once you get use to it, it becomes the norm. Ive always used the mill road P and R so i know no different via car... although did get the train a few times and that was similar timings so went back to P and R option.

Why should anybody want to leave a game before the end and perhaps miss a goal that decides the rsult of the game they have spent 88mins watching I can never understand that.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I used Mithras which is great. Only wrinkle is queuing to leave. I understand why there is a queue but dont understand why they load one bus at a time. I dont mind waiting but I resent queuing next to a row of empty buses in the rain! Small issue really - I've taken fans of other clubs to the Amex and they all feel that our queues are comparable to their 'get home' options.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Back in the Bar in Haywards Heath by 17.45 normally 17.55 let the coach take the pressure. Going to the Amex this week coach Picked us up at 13.10 we arrived at Falmer 13.50 (good day)to 14.10(on a bad day. Travel with a good bunch of fans I love going to home games.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Funny as I seem to remember queuing for a P&R bus outside withdean for 20min and then walking quarter of a mile to my car then queuing to get back out of the P&R. This usually after being rained on for 90min + watching 3rd division football. Never was a problem then and just build it into your match day.

When you go to watch any sport you will encounter some sort of queue I am really not sure what people expect. Saying that these kind of threads and the ones questioning Oscar show perhaps we have the most impatient fans in the league!!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Got the train from Worthing at 12:56 got to the ground at 13:55 had a great pie and nice pint of Sussex. After the game stayed for 1 beer and then got straight on the train no queuing happy days. Some people on NSC need to remember back to the dark days of travelling to Gillingham or sitting in the rain at the Withdean.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
It's not just the elderly but people with mobility issues to consider if they were to drop people off at the uni and make them walk.

Half an hour queue isn't exactly a lot in the scheme of things. If you want to be very precious about it, then why not leave at half time?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Not wishing to berate any moaners but as I've said before, I'd be happy to walk for miles to and from the stadium because what we have now is incredible.

I just consider myself very lucky to support the Albion and love the matchday experience we have now been given.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Every time I've gone to the Amex I've used the Mill Road P and R and had no problems.

I always try to get there early to have a pint or two beforehand and then wait after the game having another drink and then there is no queuing. (Obviously I'll get someone else to drive, usually my dad)

Mill Rd is easiest to get to for me - when I come down from Cambridge I stay in Hurstpierpoint.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
God sometimes I hate Brighton fans. "I don't do queuing"!!!!!! Tough, everyone has to queue, no one likes it.

Exactly! What a diva! Think he would be better off playing golf or shopping. Home just after 6 - what a trajedy. Perhaps he would rather we still played in front of crowds of 6000. Like said before - go and watch Crawley!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This place is really getting on my tits.

I'm yet to read a bona fide complaint, but to read this board you'd think we all spent Saturday in a concentration camp.

5 bloody hours of your life, an hour and a half of which should have been spent sat in a comfortable padded seat with ample leg room.

All NSC should be rationed to one first world moan a season.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
1hr 15mins to get home from an event with 25,000 people and you are moaning! Hahaha. What a wind up merchant. What do you want instead? A teleporter!?

It's simple really. Before parking restrictions at Coldean I could leave home at 1.45 and I got back home by about 5.40, plus I had the benefit of a reasonably invigorating 20 min walk each way. Now I have to leave home earlier, get home later, stand in endless queues, and no exercise.

And forget all the crap about 25,000 crowds. At the Goldstone we accommodated many more than that without any major fuss ... and we could park in all the roads between Hove Park and Dyke Road.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's simple really. Before parking restrictions at Coldean I could leave home at 1.45 and I got back home by about 5.40, plus I had the benefit of a reasonably invigorating 20 min walk each way. Now I have to leave home earlier, get home later, stand in endless queues, and no exercise.

And forget all the crap about 25,000 crowds. At the Goldstone we accommodated many more than that without any major fuss ... and we could park in all the roads between Hove Park and Dyke Road.
But you weren't allowed to park in Coldean.

That was part of the planning.

Your continued selfishness resorted in the toughened up policy costing us all cash.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
God sometimes I hate Brighton fans. "I don't do queuing"!!!!!! Tough, everyone has to queue, no one likes it.

That's the trouble with the British. Happy to stand in endless queues without so much as a murmur of complaint. "We're British, we LOVE queuing, it's part of our way of life". Man up. Complain! Don't just stand there like compliant fools. Do something about it!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
But you weren't allowed to park in Coldean.

That was part of the planning.

Your continued selfishness resorted in the toughened up policy costing us all cash.

Who said I wasn't allowed to park in Coldean. Were there any signs on the roads saying "No Parking"? I certainly didn't see any.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I can't believe some of the moaning idiots on here... Why do some people have such short memories... 3 years ago we didn't even have a proper stadium to watch our home games... Why not go to the beach for the afternoon... Football's obviously too much effort...

The beach'll likely be too busy, he doesn't "do" queues.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's the trouble with the British. Happy to stand in endless queues without so much as a murmur of complaint. "We're British, we LOVE queuing, it's part of our way of life". Man up. Complain! Don't just stand there like compliant fools. Do something about it!
Or alternatively think:-

Blimey 25,000 cleared within half an hour, that's impressive.
If I were to complain about that I'd look a right berk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here