Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mill Road Park & Ride. First and last time.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I agree with the above. Don't get me wrong I'm so grateful for the stadium and all the changes the club have made over the last few years. My only complaint is the travel. I also realise that the public transport put on is good and that the queuing and traveling time for P&R busses could be worse and I will be using Mill Road moving forward. However I'm not lucky enough to have a wife who appreciates my passion for BHA. I also have 2 young kids (under 4 and thus not old enough to join me on a season ticket). Leaving home from Pulborough at 2pm and getting home at 6pm to help with tea, bath, bedtime etc was always ok but now if I want to watch the whole game (which I always will) my day will increase for an hour either side of the match and thus cause issues at home. All this will mean is that instead of attending all matches I'll be down to 15 odd games and the club will lose my consumer spend of £10 - £15 per game. On an individual basis nothing for them to worry about but if many people are in the same position as me this soon adds up.

Hopefully continuous improvement to the system will be made to speed up the process and the club could do worse than read some of points made by people earlier. With the extended platform at Falmer is there ever going to be a day when the railways can schedule 8 carriage trains pre and post matches? You go to venues in other countries and the train system is so much better. I know that again this is outside the control of BHA but the stadium, match days, crowd size needing to travel by train has hardly come as a big surprise? Will no doubt get shot down for such thoughts but ...

Man up dude.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I presume that those who leave home mid-morning and return after 7pm are single,the affect on the rest of the family for those who regularly leave the wife and children for hours because of a game of football must lead to a bad atmosphere as a result of selfishness.
Even arriving home late for the evening meal can have a bad effect on that evenings plans so leaving five mins before the final whistle is a small gesture which is appreciated.

In my case you could not be more wrong. My husband does not like football but understands that I have always supported Brighton. My daughter has a season ticket as well. We both have difference interests. I take going to the football with my daughter as our time together and we make a day of it. We are very happy and do lots of other things together as a family. If there is a time when going to a game interferes with some other plans then I don't go. I don't think that I am selfish.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
I presume that those who leave home mid-morning and return after 7pm are single,the affect on the rest of the family for those who regularly leave the wife and children for hours because of a game of football must lead to a bad atmosphere as a result of selfishness.
Even arriving home late for the evening meal can have a bad effect on that evenings plans so leaving five mins before the final whistle is a small gesture which is appreciated.

I can see the children in counselling in 20 years. "Well, it all started when my Dad couldn't park his car in Coldean for Brighton matches anymore..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here