Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mill Road Park & Ride. First and last time.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
I used my Suzuki teleporter! Home in 15mins for myself and pillion!

Free bike parking at the ground btw :rolleyes:

Ssshh Mannakin, don't tell them about how bikes & scooters can go down the outside of a queue of cars & park within tripping distance of the ground, whilst using a thimble of fuel & not costing extra when putting onto car insurance....Ooops!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The introduction of the controlled parking zones has little to do with complaints from the residents of Coldean and Moulsecoomb. The level of on-street match-day parking in both areas put BHA in breach of the planning consents for the stadium, that is why from day 1 at the Amex, as at Withdean, the club requested that fans do not park in these areas. These breaches resulted in the club being fined and the residents subsequently consulted on the introduction of controlled parking zones, again both are outlined in the planning consents. Had the residents not voted in favour of the CPZ's then the fines would have continued. The club had to pay for the CPZ set-up costs and the annual running costs, this seems to be being financed from the increased transport element of match-day/season tickets and any parking fines that a levied.

Yes we have discussed this before and no doubt will again.. As a matter of interest do you know what percentage of actual residents voted yes

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Yes we have discussed this before and no doubt will again.. As a matter of interest do you know what percentage of actual residents voted yes

As it's their street and not yours, or any of the other hundred odd drivers who parked there week in week out, one is enough I would say. Or are you happy the club had to pay fines for your actions and sod the residents

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
In some ways I suppose I am lucky. I go to every home game from Reading. I see match days as a day adventure. For a Saturday games leave Reading about 10am get back home 8pm ish. For evening Games leave around 3pm get back 01:00 in the morning. 30 mins here or there does not make much difference to me.

Reminds me of days out at Gillingham.

Having the ground at Falmer was always going to result in serious travel issues - it was a shame that some of the more accessible sites had other issues.

Travel will continue to be a problem until they requisition the nearby field to accomodate more coaches, buses and cars, and improve the junctions with the A27, neither of which will happen. Supporting the Albion has and will become a survival of the most tolerent. The concern here is that if he fortune of the team wains, then I could see a lot of people giving it a miss.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Reminds me of days out at Gillingham.

Having the ground at Falmer was always going to result in serious travel issues - it was a shame that some of the more accessible sites had other issues.

Travel will continue to be a problem until they requisition the nearby field to accomodate more coaches, buses and cars, and improve the junctions with the A27, neither of which will happen. Supporting the Albion has and will become a survival of the most tolerent. The concern here is that if he fortune of the team wains, then I could see a lot of people giving it a miss.

You honestly think going to The Amex to follow Brighton is a 'survival of the most tolerant'? Bloody hell just how lucky are we!

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
For the past two seasons I have parked in Coldean without upsetting one single resident as far as I'm aware. Now I have to find an alternative. I don't do Park & Rides, but figured I'd have to give it a go.

Got to Mill Rd about 1.50 expecting it to be full with a plan to head to Mithras House.

About 8 spaces remaining at the top of the hill. Got on a bus immediately, but waited about five minuted for it to fill up. We then set off at a decent pace until about half a mile from the Falmer exit off the A27. From then on a painfully slow crawl through the obviously inadequate road system over the A27. We don't need to be taken to the door of the fecking stadium. Why don't the P&R buses drop off at the University? Must be quicker to get there than to the stadium and then we can walk from there.

After the game I left WSU immediately after the final whistle and joined a long line for the buses. 30 mins between joining the line and getting on the bus. Bloody frustrating. I don't do queuing. When the bendy buses load it takes forever because they load the entire bus through the front door only. I politely asked a steward why they didn't load through the rear doors as well (half the time to fill the bus) ... the reason "health & safety"!!! That makes absolutely no sense (mind you, elf and safety never does) and I will write to the club requesting a proper explanation.

On arriving at Mill Road I was grateful we were parked at the top of the road. There was a very long line of traffic crawling up the hill to the roundabout so I got off the bus and walked the last quarter mile to my car.

Got home at 6.15, 40 mins later than when parking at Coldean. Having left home at 1.30, that was 4hrs 45mins to watch a football match lasting 2 hrs including half time. Far too bloody long.

I'm certainly not going through that again. Next home game I'll try the train from HH, prob via Lewes to avoid the crowds.

This whole transportation/parking thing is starting to ruin my enjoyment of the match day experience.

So, by the way, is our inability to win a football game.
I've had a word with Tony for you. He's made sure that a seat is reserved for you so that, unlike the 30,000 other people, you won't have to queue. Also he's emailed you the mobile phone numbers of all the Championship referees so that you can text them when you get to the ground, letting them know what time you'd like them to kick off.
sorry for any inconvenience. :jester:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As it's their street and not yours, or any of the other hundred odd drivers who parked there week in week out, one is enough I would say. Or are you happy the club had to pay fines for your actions and sod the residents

I'm sorry I dont intend to get involved in some slanging match.. it wasn't sod the residents and indeed it's one of those residents who now benefits from my payment for there driveway
I'll end it there

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Why don't you get a helicopter to drop you off on the pitch and pick you up after the game after!

God... Is this allowed? I've always had to slum it with the commoners on the trains. Perhaps if I mention it to Paul Barber he'll allow me the work chopper to drop us off..We could also save the club some money on the sprinklers before the game. Just place a few buckets of water around the pitch and as the copter takes off.Bobs your uncle ready made sprinkler:rolleyes::lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
That's the trouble with the British. Happy to stand in endless queues without so much as a murmur of complaint. "We're British, we LOVE queuing, it's part of our way of life". Man up. Complain! Don't just stand there like compliant fools. Do something about it!

What, by moaning on an internet message board?

Hopefully this terrible ordeal of getting home at 6pm from football will be enough to stop you going. We can do without moaning old dullards like you. No doubt you'll soon be on Oscar's back because he's not English, just like you were on Poyet's.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
In some ways I suppose I am lucky. I go to every home game from Reading. I see match days as a day adventure. For a Saturday games leave Reading about 10am get back home 8pm ish. For evening Games leave around 3pm get back 01:00 in the morning. 30 mins here or there does not make much difference to me.

Same for me coming down from Essex for home games. Still, I feel sorry for matey getting home at *gasp* six!

Dear GOD have mercy!

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Same for me coming down from Essex for home games. Still, I feel sorry for matey getting home at *gasp* six!

Dear GOD have mercy!

They don't know they're born do they!

I leave at just after 10 and get back around 20.30. Mind you, that does allow time for little drinkey pre and post match. (I come by train by the way).

Why can't people just enjoy their day; why the mad rush to get home? I am sure most have a stressful working week, so on a Saturday, relax and enjoy the day for what it is. Perhaps have a conversation with someone in the queue rather than standing there scowling!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
You say that as though the club had a choice in the matter.

I do not know the ins and outs of the planning process - but common sense tells you not to take responsibility for things outside of your control. I'd have thought Coldean is far enough away not to take responsibility for, otherwise - why not Woodingdean ?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Hey, quit the preaching, will you? If you choose to live on a street in a town it's likely people will be parking there from time to time. It's how the world works.

Would have made absolutely no difference whether I parked in Coldean or not as hundreds of others were doing it anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here