Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Mill Road P&R Chaos

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I recall this chap used to interact with fans quite a bit on match days. Not posted since 2015 so I guess the role was discontinued.
I think his name was Steve?

Attachments

• 8F6AEA74-6040-47E7-B951-DD1699A5A8D5.jpeg
    8F6AEA74-6040-47E7-B951-DD1699A5A8D5.jpeg
    490.4 KB · Views: 30

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Surely this a big topic the Fan Advisory Board should be addressing with the Club

Also time Brighton came up with an improved public transport plan and communicated it to the Season Ticket Holders. The Mill Road fiasco and the Car Park C shambles both need sorting.

It's not Groundhog Day, it's worse!
If only someone who applied for Fan Advisory Board, had some insight over what train service could be operated, and had a degree in passenger transport and logistics management… don’t know who that would be.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What time did you arrive at Mill Road on Sunday and did you queue at the top or bottom?

I’d firmly advise not arriving at the top within 75 / 80 minutes of KO. For recent games the queue snakes ever eastward, with just a handful of supporters allowed on each rare visit by a packed bus.

Completely going against what stewards said in the past, that they keep half the buses empty for the top of the hill folk.
Probably got to zone d at about 12:10 ( managed to see the winning run in the T20 and dashed out the door). Was in the ground before 12:30. The bus I was on didn't stop at the top as it was full.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah not much more to add to the clamour but it was the usual shambles on the trains between Fishersgate, where I was lucky to get on, and Falmer. It really shouldn't take that long.

Really puts me off.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What time did you arrive at Mill Road on Sunday and did you queue at the top or bottom?

I’d firmly advise not arriving at the top within 75 / 80 minutes of KO. For recent games the queue snakes ever eastward, with just a handful of supporters allowed on each rare visit by a packed bus.

Completely going against what stewards said in the past, that they keep half the buses empty for the top of the hill folk.
To be fair, those actually parking their cars at Mill Road should get priority over those walking to the top of Mill road and waiting for a bus to come up the hill.

It is after all a Park & Ride site.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be fair, those actually parking their cars at Mill Road should get priority over those walking to the top of Mill road and waiting for a bus to come up the hill.

I totally agree. But aren't the park n ride spaces all taken early doors and the punters on their way to the Amex? [Regular users of it, on other threads, always point that out to newcomers and away fans who ask].

If this carries on, I think I'll try the un-eco thing of Mrs.W dropping us by car at the Brighton Rugby Club tunnel, to join the lucky pedestrians queuing there who are allowed to nearly fill the buses an hour before KO.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

To be fair, everybody with half an ounce of smarts is looking for a hack that gets them to and from the Amex just that little bit quicker. Up to the club to tighten the criteria for getting on the P&R bus

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be fair, everybody with half an ounce of smarts is looking for a hack that gets them to and from the Amex just that little bit quicker. Up to the club to tighten the criteria for getting on the P&R bus
Driving licence, MOT Certificate, insurance certificate and log book should be the absolute minimum to be allowed to join the queue. Recital of the list of items banned from the Amex then checked on boarding the bus, with any errors or omissions meaning you go to the back of the queue. That’ll learn ‘em.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thanks for the explanation. I know most of us train going fans rant - sometimes unfairly - about disruption and inconvenience. When it is explained, as you have so succinctly, it makes you wonder why an official from Southern hasn’t bothered to do something similar. Perhaps a printed update in the match day programme, or leaflets at Brighton and Falmer station telling all and sundry why the service goes pear shaped. That would go a long way to quelling our frustrations at the lack of information which abounds on match days.
True enough, either that, or a single piece on the club website explaining why this is happening should be enough to quell peoples issues.

It's the very fact that nothing at all is coming out of the club
Driving licence, MOT Certificate, insurance certificate and log book should be the absolute minimum to be allowed to join the queue. Recital of the list of items banned from the Amex then checked on boarding the bus, with any errors or omissions meaning you go to the back of the queue. That’ll learn ‘em.
Well quite . . . and by the time all of these checks have been made, absolutely no one will be getting to the Amex in time for kick off.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
A bit late to this thread but a comment on P & R buses. All the local bus companies are struggling to maintain there current timetables because there are not enough drivers and recruiting more is proving difficult. So putting more buses on P & R is not likely to happen soon.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

This peeved me off recently. Paid to park (friendly or Ladies Int) and they checked my P&R ticket which cost me £7. Bus stops at the top where a whole pile climb on with more running around the corner. Obviously saved themselves £7 by parking off site but still got a bus I'd paid for.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To hell with the Park and Ride problems, will anyone think of the complete clusterfuck getting out of the Uni car park after Sunday's game? :wink:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Look at the sheer logistics complexity of getting to and from the Amex on this thread. Is it any wonder…?!!

Club needs to pay more for better transport, and for this the fans (or players!) need to pay more.

It was ever thus…or you can just watch on TV / go watch your local non league outfit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here