Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mill Hill P&R on Saturday

Jul 7, 2003
Was showing on Google Maps and also reported by both Sussex Police and Seagull Travel on twitter. Might well have been cleared around 12:45 but residual queues took a while to clear.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Carnage on the road (we didn't get until our seats until ten past two), but the Pyecombe site was great!

Screenshot_20231008_133143_Maps.jpg

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What time was that? It was clear 12:45 onwards.

Just sheer volume of match-day traffic at the usual pinch points … London traffic joining the A27 eastbound and the very long queue up to Falmer.

Was showing on Google Maps and also reported by both Sussex Police and Seagull Travel on twitter. Might well have been cleared around 12:45 but residual queues took a while to clear.

It was on the slip road from the A23/A27 junction, down onto the A27 Lewes bound .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Said it was full around 6.25 - I was about the 4th car in the queue that got turned away after they put the sign out.

Only just on a bus at the racecourse now!!! Overall pain in the arse of a journey thanks to M25 traffic!

When I posted, there were about 40 spaces at the top, not one taken in the following 15 mins. Never seen that before, normally all gone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Said it was full around 6.25 - I was about the 4th car in the queue that got turned away after they put the sign out.

Only just on a bus at the racecourse now!!! Overall pain in the arse of a journey thanks to M25 traffic!
The Racecourse was manic tonight. Set off from Newhaven just after 6, and had to queue from the top of Wilson Avenue at a snails pace to the Racecourse. We finally got into the Amex at 7.30.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Thanks for the feedback. Can I just check, as you replied to the good experience getting there comment, how was it on way back as that’s been by far the biggest pain?

Also need to factor in crowd well down today before getting carried away that all is well.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks for the feedback. Can I just check, as you replied to the good experience getting there comment, how was it on way back as that’s been by far the biggest pain?

Also need to factor in crowd well down today before getting carried away that all is well.
Similar to @Weststander 12.45 walked up, no queue and at Amex for 1.15.

Coming home, stayed for a couple of beers and left at 4.45. Walked straight up and onto bus, no queue.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I can confirm this as today I waited in the rain for a EDF park and ride bus after the game for 45 minutes and counted 7 of them coming into the Amex and picking up for Mill Hill . :mad:

What time were you queuing? Left after final whistle and clapping the players. Ambled up from NE corner (not speed walking!) and got straight on a bus at about 4:10. There were 2 buses waiting after the 1 I was on.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can confirm this as today I waited in the rain for a EDF park and ride bus after the game for 45 minutes and counted 7 of them coming into the Amex and picking up for Mill Hill . :mad:

I got on a Mill Road bus going home on 65 minutes :fishing: and they cleverly pulled away straight away 75% full, so they could be back in time for the hoardes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here