[Albion] Mill Hill P&R on Saturday

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
First time trying park and ride today
It would have been quicker to walk over the downs from Pyecombe

Doesn’t help when bus driver insistent on staying in non moving slow lane - overtaken by 3/4 ST coaches using their brains and staying in fast lane til just before junction
You were clearly on the same coach as me. It might of been nice of the driver to turn on the AC as well given it was like a sauna ! I'd literally just flown in after 24 hours of travel with no sleep so staying awake was a challenge.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
You were clearly on the same coach as me. It might have been nice of the driver to turn on the AC as well given it was like a sauna ! I'd literally just flown in after 24 hours of travel with no sleep so staying awake was a challenge.
Our driver got huge claps when he motored down the right side on A27 up to the exit for the stadium up the small hill.
He then cut in there and immediately went up the left lane up the small hill to the mini roundabout and cut in at the top too. Saved 30 minutes probably and huge cheers and claps to him

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
I used it and thought it was fantastic. Left swiftly at kick off, pretty much straight on a bus, and back at car 20 mins later and off to London. Wish it was available every game.
I’m glad it worked for you - on paper it’s a great solution

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
For all the nice puff pieces in the papers today the one thing we are definitely not
‘Leading’ on is transport infrastructure. It has steadily gotten worse to the point where it’s just a horrible experience getting to and from the ground these days
Got, got not gotten. Unless of course you are from USA

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our driver got huge claps when he motored down the right side on A27 up to the exit for the stadium up the small hill.
He then cut in there and immediately went up the left lane up the small hill to the mini roundabout and cut in at the top too. Saved 30 minutes probably and huge cheers and claps to him

I was on that bus, did you get to your seats at about KO?

A hero.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
I was on that bus, did you get to your seats at about KO?

A hero.
Arrived about 1.35, so got in 1.40 ish
Maybe it was a 2nd decent driver coach you were on.

I did the same thing myself in my car tbh leaving A27 to go up the long hill to the Devil dyke roundabout before Mill Road going to the game.

Sometimes these things need doing when running late . But glad some coach/bus drivers think like that

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You were clearly on the same coach as me. It might of been nice of the driver to turn on the AC as well given it was like a sauna ! I'd literally just flown in after 24 hours of travel with no sleep so staying awake was a challenge.
Pyecombe was a shocker on the way in. Got the bus just under 2 hours before kick-off and took a good 1h 20m to get dropped off at the ground. Had there been an accident or something on the A27? Agreed, very hot and airless too. Shame because the journey back was really good (though also very hot).

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Pyecombe was a shocker on the way in. Got the bus just under 2 hours before kick-off and took a good 1h 20m to get dropped off at the ground. Had there been an accident or something on the A27? Agreed, very hot and airless too. Shame because the journey back was really good (though also very hot).
There was a car on the inside lane broken down with a blow out before the game....traffic was backed up quite a way in a very short space of time... I filtered all the way down on my bike....

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Amazing coming back. Stayed to the final whistle, walked up the slope from the North Stand, straight on a double-decker and quickly back to the car. Was home 90 mins after the final whistle, which if I was doing Mill Road would probably see me just reaching the top of the steps!

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Fair few Pyecombe passengers sent to wrong bus stop on return leg
Don’t think I’ll be using it again
How does that happen? I used Pyecombe for the first time and we were dropped off exactly where the pick up point was post match.

Unfortunately it took 75 mins to get from Pyecombe to Amex. As others have said, other buses that left after us used a bit of common sense and overtook us before we got to the A27! That said, it was a beautiful sunny day and the A23 is always busy with day trippers heading to Brighton for the day, had it been raining I'm sure the journey would have been much quicker.

Post match at the bus stop there were 3-4 buses waiting. Being in the WSU North end, we're fairly close to the pick up point post match. Didn't leave early but hot footed it to the pick up point, onto a bus which filled up & departed quickly. Back in Pyecombe within 20 minutes was fairly impressive.

Jul 7, 2003
How does that happen? I used Pyecombe for the first time and we were dropped off exactly where the pick up point was post match.

Unfortunately it took 75 mins to get from Pyecombe to Amex. As others have said, other buses that left after us used a bit of common sense and overtook us before we got to the A27! That said, it was a beautiful sunny day and the A23 is always busy with day trippers heading to Brighton for the day, had it been raining I'm sure the journey would have been much quicker.

Post match at the bus stop there were 3-4 buses waiting. Being in the WSU North end, we're fairly close to the pick up point post match. Didn't leave early but hot footed it to the pick up point, onto a bus which filled up & departed quickly. Back in Pyecombe within 20 minutes was fairly impressive.
Sounds like you might have been on the double decker that was heading out of the car park just as we arrived. We got a coach and the driver stayed in the outer lanes and then came around the roundabout at Patcham rather than join the usual long lip road. Went past that double decker some way before the Patcham turning so for us, the journey was still sluggish but nowhere near that bad.

We hung around after the game so took around 30 minutes to get back as traffic between Falmer and Patcham was much worse than usual for some reason.

I was talking to the guy who (I think) owns the Pyecombe site and he was hoping to make more spaces available if the club want to have this as a regular option.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Sounds like you might have been on the double decker that was heading out of the car park just as we arrived. We got a coach and the driver stayed in the outer lanes and then came around the roundabout at Patcham rather than join the usual long lip road. Went past that double decker some way before the Patcham turning so for us, the journey was still sluggish but nowhere near that bad.

We hung around after the game so took around 30 minutes to get back as traffic between Falmer and Patcham was much worse than usual for some reason.

I was talking to the guy who (I think) owns the Pyecombe site and he was hoping to make more spaces available if the club want to have this as a regular option.
I admit I don't know anything about it, but is the surface at Pyecombe suitable for the winter months?

Jul 7, 2003
I admit I don't know anything about it, but is the surface at Pyecombe suitable for the winter months?
That's how we started talking to him as we were trying to work put what it was. He said it is an all year surface and doesn't get muddy etc so it should be fine.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
It was far worse than ever before - emailed supporter services on Saturday evening to ask why so few buses. Will let you know their response
is that a bit obvious given the busses replacing trains from Three Bridges to Brighton?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Nightmare journey, Ditchling beacon route chaotic too. No accide t it seemed, just effect of rail strike and sun I guess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here