Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mill Hill P&R on Saturday

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I don't want this to come across as a moan, just a question really.

I waited in the queue for the Mill Hill P&R after the match for an hour (6pm) on Sat. before
being able to board a bus. First time I've tried this route. There was still a large queue
behind me.

Is this usual? I know the trains were messed up, but would that have really made a
difference?

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
It was far worse than ever before - emailed supporter services on Saturday evening to ask why so few buses. Will let you know their response

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Genuinely didn't know that. You're not the first person to call it that and I never knew why!

Also an hour seens a bit overkill for a wait. I rarely park at Mill Road because of the single deckers so I usually do the racecourse, but i've never had to wait that long for a bus to Mill. Maybe 20/25 mins max so seems out of the ordinary

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Genuinely didn't know that. You're not the first person to call it that and I never knew why!

Also an hour seens a bit overkill for a wait. I rarely park at Mill Road because of the single deckers so I usually do the racecourse, but i've never had to wait that long for a bus to Mill. Maybe 20/25 mins max so seems out of the ordinary

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

The staff running the service are great (stewards, drivers etc) it ought to be said. I just don't fancy a cold, rainy
nov. evening wait of the same (I'm not young any more.) if 1 hour is standard.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't want this to come across as a moan, just a question really.

I waited in the queue for the Mill Hill P&R after the match for an hour (6pm) on Sat. before
being able to board a bus. First time I've tried this route. There was still a large queue
behind me.

Is this usual? I know the trains were messed up, but would that have really made a
difference?
Yes.

It was busier than normal on Saturday, but I've seen it worse (Spurs last season, for example).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It was far worse than ever before - emailed supporter services on Saturday evening to ask why so few buses. Will let you know their response
Not for us. Sprinted out at the final whistle and waited probably about 10-15 minutes for a bus. Actually it was a coach, which was much nicer :smile:

I get if you hang around you're going to get caught in the queues – been there, done that – but with a finite amount of buses and more people/demand for them, it's bound to be a bit of a hassle. There were mitigating circumstances I seem to recall with the Spurs game last season, where it was MUCH worse – the club had ordered extra vehicles from Portsmouth (twats) but a crash on the 27 meant they couldn't get through in time.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The trains being totally screwed has to be a big factor in this.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
The trains being totally screwed has to be a big factor in this.
Don't think so. P&R has capacity, and Mill certainly fills up for every game. Only a limited amount of capacity there. So trains or not, surely it should be the same every week. Unless more people are parking in withdean/patcham and walking round the corner to use the bus

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Don't think so. P&R has capacity, and Mill certainly fills up for every game. Only a limited amount of capacity there. So trains or not, surely it should be the same every week. Unless more people are parking in withdean/patcham and walking round the corner to use the bus

I meant people that had got to Amex by train were then using the P&R to get home as the trains were completely screwed and the bus stop queue on A27 were HUGE. That must have been a factor. If I'd have realised the EDF P&R was running I'd have queued for that rather than being stuck in the train queue for yonks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here