Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Tyson banned from the UK

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He wasn't even a great "fighter". He was a monster and he was fast and would knock people out quickly. Too quickly. And once you've seen it a few times it's dull. He only got interesting for me when he got slower and started biting ears and scrapping with officials. r

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Don't know why that r appeared at the end. Am I a pirate?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He wasn't even a great "fighter". He was a monster and he was fast and would knock people out quickly. Too quickly. And once you've seen it a few times it's dull. He only got interesting for me when he got slower and started biting ears and scrapping with officials. r

" He was a monster and he was fast and would knock people out quickly. "

Surely this is the defintion of a great fighter ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
To the O/P: I just think your objectivity is being blinded by the celebrity status of the applicant here.

If it was just plain old John Johnson from Atlanta, Georgia, convicted sex offender with a history of violence, drug possession and driving offences denied entry to the UK, you wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Well that is certainly correct but if John Johnson was Victor Akulic from Lithuania he would have no problems gaining entry .

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
" He was a monster and he was fast and would knock people out quickly. "

Surely this is the defintion of a great fighter ?

Well, I suppose it's opinion. For me that's a brawler, not a fighter, Certainly not interesting for me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well, I suppose it's opinion for me, that's a brawler, not a fighter, Certainly not interesting for me.

Give Les Biehn a Xmas hug from me. I miss the bloke.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well that is certainly correct but if John Johnson was Victor Akulic from Lithuania he would have no problems gaining entry .

And nor would Mike Tyson if he was Lithuanian. The rules, however, for nationals of those countries who DO require visas, state that convictions must be declared, and that those who have previously served custodial sentences over a certain length are likely to be denied such a visa. Which is exactly what has happened with Tyson, as a US national.

A convicted sex offender from the UK could quite happily go on holiday to Lithuania, or to France, Greece, Spain, wherever (though he might have to notify our authorities). But if he wanted to go to the US, he'd probably miss out.

I don't see why it's an issue here: as I said, if it was any other common-or-garden sex offender, people would be entirely in agreement that he shouldn't be allowed in.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will do!

What is he up to ? The last time I saw him was at an REMF game a few years back with a Hotty on his arm. I Loved this guy. A sad loss to NSC.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What is he up to ? The last time I saw him was at an REMF game a few years back with a Hotty on his arm. I Loved this guy. A sad loss to NSC.

He is working and studying and seeing hotties and generally being a sound bloke. He's very well though.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is working and studying and seeing hotties and generally being a sound bloke. He's very well though.

Glad to hear it.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

You're slightly over-stressing that individual case - IF the border authorities had been aware of his previous convictions then doubtless he wouldn't have been allowed into the country.

Even his own barrister admitted in court, "I'm afraid I don't know about that; it may be that if the authorities had known about that then something may have been done earlier."

"I do know it was very difficult for the prosecuting authorities to find out details of the offence."

The point s that the authorities DO know about Mike Tyson's previous convictions and as such he isn't to be allowed into the country.

I'm not sure if you're arguing that the likes of Victor Akulic & Mike Tyson should be allowed in or not ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here