Mike Dean

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yes - but it's difficult to put that Stephens challenge aside isn't it!

True.

I found Dean used to be a lot more 'its all about me' and grab the attention. Seems to have come off that pedestal and just ref's the game over the last couple of seasons.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Yes to be fair, when you don’t notice the ref then it is because they’ve had a good game.

I don't think it was until the 2nd half when I found myself thinking, "that's the first foul I've seen all game." There probably were fouls before then but I didn't notice them interrupt the flow of it all. Good reffing indeed!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very decent game from Dean, let play flow and showed no bias at all, refreshing to see a ref so fair when playing away to a big club

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I think someone had a word with MD a couple of seasons ago, or maybe the empty stadiums robbed him of an audience, but whereas he used to be the centre of attention, he seems to now just get on and ref the game- remember the crotch thrusting at our fans, the gesticulating wildly, and the "Mike Dean" decision discussed almost every week? He seems now to be doing what he is undoubtedly very good at, just being the Ref, and a bloody good one at that.

I thought he had a great game yesterday, allowed the game to flow, only used his cards towards the end, and I dont think there were any complaints about the bookings. I cant recall thinking "big club ref" once

Given the officials appointed for the game yesterday I was fearing the worst, but we ended up (IMO) with one of the best officiated games in ages

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He made one mistake which was blowing when he should have let Liverpool have advantage but held his hand up and said sorry. Very big of him to do that. Even calmed Klipperty down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unlike:

2D00FC9F-D323-4B77-8152-97782DFE8731.png

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I have said before that he is an excellent referee with a bizarre tendency of not getting many things wrong but, boy, when he gets it wrong, they are spectacular. If you could tone his ego down, he would probably be the best ref (although maybe that would take away the good stuff).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Thought his booking of Lamptey, for not retreating from the free kick Liverpool had been awarded, was one he might not have given if he had seen everything that happened, but other than that, I don't recall anything that I thought was poor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports