Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Dean

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
He made some bad decisions but didn’t send off two of our players that could have gone. Nothing he did cost us that football match.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
He wasn’t great but:
Stonewall penalty and he didn’t review a definite red.
How many more chances do you want?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He wasn’t great but:
Stonewall penalty and he didn’t review a definite red.
How many more chances do you want?

I’m not saying it’s definitely NOT a pen but, how exactly is Bissouma meant to move his arm completely out the way within .4 seconds? I legitimately don’t know how he doesn’t end up handballing it there.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I’m not saying it’s definitely NOT a pen but, how exactly is Bissouma meant to move his arm completely out the way within .4 seconds? I legitimately don’t know how he doesn’t end up handballing it there.

Well he jumped up with his arm by his side and raised it as the ball neared him. He should have left his arm by his side or stuck his head in the way. I know it’s split second, but these guys are professional players and they should be practicing for that kind of situation. Wasn’t a great game anyway tbh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well he jumped up with his arm by his side and raised it as the ball neared him. He should have left his arm by his side or stuck his head in the way. I know it’s split second, but these guys are professional players and they should be practicing for that kind of situation. Wasn’t a great game anyway tbh.

At 2:11 Bissouma’s arm was bizarrely high up, a stonewall pen, Biss didn’t even argue.

Sanchez should’ve been sent off for endangering an opponent Diaz. Crazy play, his eyes and actions only for the man, he forgot there’s a ball in play.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That was a shocker near the end when the keeper handled about a yard and a half outside the box. That's basic stuff for a referee. What did Dean do? He literally shrugged his shoulders :shrug:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
That was a shocker near the end when the keeper handled about a yard and a half outside the box. That's basic stuff for a referee. What did Dean do? He literally shrugged his shoulders :shrug:

Yes - that was really bad.

You could tell from his body language (and after the crowd reaction) that he realised he’d cocked up. Positioning was awful for it as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

No, his feet were well outside, but the ball remained inside the area.
Anyway, I was expecting far worse from the named officials, but I thought they were pretty reasonable, overall.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
in not sending off Sanchez.

That’s a clear straight red anywhere on the pitch. Shocking decision.

Albion should’ve played 70+ minutes with 10 men.

Having been at the game and not seen replays etc etc …do we know why VAR didn’t over rule Dean’s initial decision

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
At 2:11 Bissouma’s arm was bizarrely high up, a stonewall pen, Biss didn’t even argue.

Sanchez should’ve been sent off for endangering an opponent Diaz. Crazy play, his eyes and actions only for the man, he forgot there’s a ball in play.

Indeed Biss stood some 20 yards away on his own whilst it was all debated

I do think some people fail to appreciate how you feel when decisions go against us when you are actually at the match as against watching from home

One thing I will credit Dean with and that was his willingness to communicate with players …oh that and carding a Liverpool player causing Klopp to have a hissy fit on the touch line

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Indeed Biss stood some 20 yards away on his own whilst it was all debated

I do think some people fail to appreciate how you feel when decisions go against us when you are actually at the match as against watching from home

One thing I will credit Dean with and that was his willingness to communicate with players …oh that and carding a Liverpool player causing Klopp to have a hissy fit on the touch line

I must be unique in not getting carried away with refs at games. I have tunnel vision for the ball and play.

Amex attendees think they’re experts on every decision from 125 yards away, spitting hate, I’m surprised more folk don’t harm themselves.

I once sat next to @HWT high up in WSU north. We were the only two calm punters, everyone around us furious with alleged injustices in the SE corner.

Personally I think Dean’s okay. Friend and Atkinson are arrogant AND error strewn - after looking at their errors post games on youtube. But it’s not personal against the Albion, they’re despised up and down the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here