Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mikael Forssell

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Forssell would be excellent!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not sure we'd have extended Wood to the end of the season if we were really keen on getting a top striker in. Reckon will be the summer now. Gus wouldn't do that to DiMatteo as was said he wanted Wood to be playing regularly. Surely we'd have extended him to end of month and waited to see what happens? Only thing can think of is there's a send back clause or the fact he can only play for 3 clubs (WBA, Barnsley + B&HA) in a season. Think we're set with our 3 top league1 strikers plus Sandaza, Holroyd, Agdestein etc. to go with our 3 and a half good league1 keepers etc. Surely we should be discussing sales of fringe players before more signings (except maybe winger and fullback).

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Again I hope this is true, but... MF and CMS are both equally unlikely IMHO...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
even though he has done f*** all the last 5 years,he earns in excess of 25 grand a week,do behave:lol::lolol:

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Not sure we'd have extended Wood to the end of the season if we were really keen on getting a top striker in. Reckon will be the summer now. Gus wouldn't do that to DiMatteo as was said he wanted Wood to be playing regularly. Surely we'd have extended him to end of month and waited to see what happens? Only thing can think of is there's a send back clause or the fact he can only play for 3 clubs (WBA, Barnsley + B&HA) in a season. Think we're set with our 3 top league1 strikers plus Sandaza, Holroyd, Agdestein etc. to go with our 3 and a half good league1 keepers etc. Surely we should be discussing sales of fringe players before more signings (except maybe winger and fullback).

Gus has already said he wants another striker .

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Gus has already said he wants another striker .

A couple of months ago now though. Did you hear what he said on saturday? In the last few games we've had goals from Murray, Barnes, Sandaza and Wood. Another striker? Not needed until the summer. Forssell on a free, or whoever else wants to jump on our bandwagon!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
even though he has done f*** all the last 5 years,he earns in excess of 25 grand a week,do behave:lol::lolol:

Absolute bollocks there is no way he is currently on that amount. 10-15 k a week max

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Now a free agent after being released and looking to return to English Football. Burnley have been linked but suggestions this was agent talk to firm up interest from rival clubs. Wonder if he is on the radar?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Crivins! Apparently on his pre-season debut for Hannover, he scored 10 goals, including an eight-minute hat-trick!!

The hat-trick was scored in a game they won 23-0 so one goal every 3.9 minutes.. I'd say that was a pretty crap performance unless he was on the pitch for 11.7 minutes or less, in which case I forgive him :lolol:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Rumours are rumours, all as far fetched and realistic as the next normally.
Surely Forsell would command a higher wage (played in the top flight most of his career, apart from palace) than McKail-Smith who spent one season at the bottom of the Championship. Only guessing mind you.

But if Forsell has had good wages all his career (which seems to have been forever) and would rather get a game, whereas CMS is clearly looking to sign up for his biggest career contract and make hay whilst the sun still shines (a la one G.Murray) then surely CMS' wage demands would be higher?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well , he'll certainly tick every box..

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I approve of this thread :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here