Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mikael Forssell

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A transfer rumour - fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just can't have enough transfer rumours.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Come on, get with it Mendoza! One was started by someone who joined yesterday and one was started by someone who joined in 2003 :lol:

ha indeed, that rule is set in stone. No one would ever come on here with a true news as their first post :jester: Sure some new people have come on and posted stuff that turned out to be true. Maybe stuff like Robbie Savage joining.

Just seems that if someone posts a rumour, if the first person to reply slags it off, then everyone else does. But if the first person says "ooooh that could be true," everyone else types the same, but worded slightly differently

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
A transfer rumour - fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just can't have enough transfer rumours.

Indeed. Every bloody time I look on here now there's a new thread about a so-called transfer target. Is this Groundhog Day?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Am amazed as well he's still only 29. Does he have a Ghanaian passport? Sorry for the low post count and not very recent join date. Bad fan, bad fan.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Forsell is far too white, we need to up our quota of black and mixed race players or we're going to end up an 'Aryan' team like Everton were in the 1980s and 1990s. Can any future transfer rumours focus on non-white players please.

:thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just seems that if someone posts a rumour, if the first person to reply slags it off, then everyone else does. But if the first person says "ooooh that could be true," everyone else types the same, but worded slightly differently

there is an element of that but if you actually take the time to read the post about Mackail-Smith (I would love it to be true by the way) and then compare the writing style and phraseology with Eugene/Davesviews/Brianspages et al you will find a remarkable similarity. This, rather that the accuracy of the rumour (which at worst is only a bit of banter) is the reason for the reaction I think

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
The impression I got was that we were in for him in August and talks got as far as talking with the player/agent but fell through. I think he's still on our radar.

Background was a friend was talking with an ex-player about how the speculation regarding a big name striker had fired our strikers into top form. My friend speculated we've never really been in for a truly big name and it's just good management from Gus which is how Mikael's name came up.

Gus said after Saturday that while he's not a fan of the jan transfer window it was a great opportunity for him to bring in some quality. He also said convincing good players to come to Brighton has become much easier due to league position and anyone he brings in will possess some real quality.

Given all these factors I was confident enough to post it on here as a speculative target. As others have said he certainly ticks all the boxes.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Utter bullshit. Check the threads Y2Dave has started. Not one of the rumours he has started have came true.

:shrug:

Cox to Charlton
Cullip to Reading
Jason Scotland to us
etc etc

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Just out of interest why does this rumour get more credibility than the Craig Mckail-Smith one.

Both have come out of the blue, both are interesting, both "could" happen, yet one gets slated to the high heavens, and one is seen as good as true

Just wondering like...

Mackail-Smith would demand high wages, which we know is a problem, and would cost a very, very large fee. I would be stunned if we signed him.

Forssell is perhaps slightly more realistic if it's true that he's out of contract in the summer and not playing for Hannover. A loan move to us for example could put him in the shop window if he does well.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Utter bullshit. Check the threads Y2Dave has started. Not one of the rumours he has started have came true.

:shrug:

Not saying it's a done deal but you need to be realistic and understand the conversion rate from having an interest in a player and them signing on the dotted line. In the past i've shared on NSC news about Gannon, Lee Steele, Danny Cullip well ahead of any club or press reports. All of which was proved to be 100% correct.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Mackail-Smith would demand high wages, which we know is a problem, and would cost a very, very large fee. I would be stunned if we signed him.

Forssell is perhaps slightly more realistic if it's true that he's out of contract in the summer and not playing for Hannover. A loan move to us for example could put him in the shop window if he does well.

Rumours are rumours, all as far fetched and realistic as the next normally.
Surely Forsell would command a higher wage (played in the top flight most of his career, apart from palace) than McKail-Smith who spent one season at the bottom of the Championship. Only guessing mind you.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Rumours are rumours, all as far fetched and realistic as the next normally.
Surely Forsell would command a higher wage (played in the top flight most of his career, apart from palace) than McKail-Smith who spent one season at the bottom of the Championship. Only guessing mind you.

Yeah, I suspect he would be on a good wage - but with loan deals you wouldn't always pay the full wages. If we paid a % of his wages (which may they agree to if no other options and saves them some money) then its possible - plus there would be no transfer fee involved. So that's why I'd say this one is a bit more credible.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Forsell is far too white, we need to up our quota of black and mixed race players or we're going to end up an 'Aryan' team like Everton were in the 1980s and 1990s. Can any future transfer rumours focus on non-white players please.

:thumbsup:

So how's our quota of gay players, then?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Fnally, a rumour worth discussing! Ticks all the boxes reallys doesn't it? The wages may be a stumbling block but surely a loan deal is quite possible?

Personally, i think the Quini one is more worth discussing, and he is definately more likely to be a realistic fee and wages, yet its hardly had a comment!

Unless im missing something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here