Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Middlesbrough v Reading

My mindset is not to focus on Middlesborough, as odd as that may sound. I know they are a better side than Burnley and they have had their blip. I could see them winning even game until the end of the season, however I can't see that from Burnley and I can see us remaining unbeaten with a couple of draws.

Next two games are massive. We have two tough home encounters and Burnley have Birmingham away and then obviously Middlesborough. I can see them coming away with 1 point from those two, I really can. Their run can't last forever and they have not been playing well at all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Something that just caught my eye whilst looking at tables, results, fixtures and stats for many hours is that Middlesbrough have been spectacularly good against top half sides...

View attachment 73626

....but bizarrely average against bottom-half sides...

View attachment 73627

Looking at our record, it doesn't look good for the Derby game.

el punal

Personally I'd rather Boro win tonight and carry on the momentum to Turf Moor next Tuesday and get a result there too, Burnley are the team to be targeting

Well that's very generous of you. Personally, I would prefer Boro and Burnley to lose every game until the end of the season, apart from when they play each other and then a draw would be fine.

el punal

My mindset is not to focus on Middlesborough, as odd as that may sound. I know they are a better side than Burnley and they have had their blip. I could see them winning even game until the end of the season, however I can't see that from Burnley and I can see us remaining unbeaten with a couple of draws.

Next two games are massive. We have two tough home encounters and Burnley have Birmingham away and then obviously Middlesborough. I can see them coming away with 1 point from those two, I really can. Their run can't last forever and they have not been playing well at all.

Every game to the end of the season is massive. That goes for all three of us, Albion, Burnley and Boro. We just need to take (sorry for the cliche) each game as it comes and hope Lady Luck is on our side.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think it's best if Burnley and Boro pick up maximum points for the rest of the season and we finish 3rd. That way we can enjoy the playoffs and a day out at Wembley in the sunshine before being promoted. Play off winners also get a trophy and I think that is our best chance of picking up some silverware this season now.........:)

Would like to see the maths behind that one, as they play each other so something has to give...

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
I will be urging and cheering Vydra to a hat trick this evening

He will be doing very well. No team has scored 2 goals at the Riverside since August 2014.

Tonight is massive, IF we can get 3 points tonight and Saturday v Bolton then then it will put us on 85 point, needing 2 more wins from 4 games to make 91 (which should be enough, I hope). That means you would only be able to afford 1 draw and win 4. Even then our goal difference would send us up if it stays similar.

Ayala being back is huge, him being out also coincided with out poor run. Gibson and Ayala playing together have lost 1 league game in 2 and a half years, last season to Fulham in the 90th minute when Dimi went up for a corner. Team is much more solid with the pair of them at the back.

Fingers crossed for tonight, Up The Boro!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
HELP!
So who do I have to cheer for tonight. Everyone has differing opinions.
Me?
Burnley are our target. In reality it would be great for Boro to win all their next 5 games, including Burnley away, so that their last game is just one big party, spoilt only by us beating them.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Reading have had some decent results and they drew against Cardiff and Burnley. They equalled our result against Forest so they are not going to roll over for Boro who struggled against Preston at the weekend. Anything can happen tonight.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE SINGING THIS

c'mon reading

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Burnley are our target. In reality it would be great for Boro to win all their next 5 games, including Burnley away, so that their last game is just one big party, spoilt only by us beating them.

We will be promoted if we overhaul either Burnley or Middlesbrough. Yes, catching Burnley is more likely but why on earth would you wish away either option?!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

But despite all that, it's still better if 'brough lose as many points as possible (except the game against Burnley).

PS - It's not 'borough'.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Why would it be great for Boro to win their next 5 games? :mad:

We will be promoted if we overhaul either Burnley or Middlesbrough. Yes, catching Burnley is more likely but why on earth would you wish away either option?!

So hard to work out. Do we want Boro needing a win last game? No.
On the other hand what if they lose to Burnley, a result we all think will go Boros way.
Ideally Burnley Boro should be tonight so we know where the teams stand.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Money on a Boro win as it has been for the last few games. The growing little pot in my BV account is a small consolation as Boro's inevitable late winner goes in.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So hard to work out. Do we want Boro needing a win last game? No.
On the other hand what if they lose to Burnley, a result we all think will go Boros way.
Ideally Burnley Boro should be tonight so we know where the teams stand.

I dispute the logic of wanting any team around us to win any games. To want Boro to win the title before we play them, on the basis that they roll over on the last game is funny. :lolol:

We want them to lose or draw tonight right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here