Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Middlesborough vs Brighton and Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Casper will want to put that demon behind him and show he is better than that - a positive
The team might not settle on a one goal lead - a positive as long as they don't take too many costly risks
Both Casper and Brezovan are better than a lot of the criticism they receive would have you believe, the two of them shared duties to get us a top 10 championship finish last season. People need to stop projecting their own dislike of player onto the players on the pitch - i.e. you may not like casper and your dislike may manifest itself in more agitation than is necessary during a game, but just because you're getting nervous, it doesn't mean that the other players on the pitch are more nervous with him.

I'd go along with that, both are decent backups

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Middlesbrough FC ‏@Boro
Boro: Steele, Hoyte, Halliday, Woodgate, Williams (c), Haroun, Smallwood, Leadbitter, Main, McDonald, Zemmama

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We had more than 8 games with clean sheets, there were 0-0 draws too. I wasn't including the cup games.

We had 19 games with clean sheets last season league and cup. 8 for Ankergren, 8 for Brezovan, 2 for Harper, 1 for Gonzales.

So according to those figures, Ankergren has a better record than Kuszcak in the Championship for us ??

Clean sheet-wise, yes. Win percentage, too. 45% for ankergren last season, 35.9% with Kuszczak this season. Kuszczak has a lower loss percentage though (23% to Ankergren's 36%). Wow, going over this, Ankergren's stats all hold up very well against Kuszczak.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ankergren, Calderon, Greer, Upson, Bridge; Bridcutt, Hammond, Crofts; Orlandi, Ulloa, David.

Bit too defensive for my liking.

Not a lot he can do though is it? Poyet's hands are tied

I'm pleased with that myself.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm looking for some neat triangle work today. We're not a team of speed, so i think a diamond formation might do us good, with a floating Orlandi. Pass and move, pass and move, flick, hammer, netbulge. Sorted.

Feb 14, 2010
I'm surprised that as we have Vicente, and he is according to the perceived wisdom on NSC better than Gotsmanov and Lawrenson, that he cannot get in a second division Brighton side.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We had 19 games with clean sheets last season league and cup. 8 for Ankergren, 8 for Brezovan, 2 for Harper, 1 for Gonzales.

Clean sheet-wise, yes. Win percentage, too. 45% for ankergren last season, 35.9% with Kuszczak this season. Kuszczak has a lower loss percentage though (23% to Ankergren's 36%). Wow, going over this, Ankergren's stats all hold up very well against Kuszczak.

I forgot about Harper and was crediting Casper.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not a lot he can do though is it? Poyet's hands are tied

I'm pleased with that myself.

I'd rather have Vicente or Forster Caskey in for Crofts. Hammond, Crofts and Bridcutt haven't seemed to work well together whenever I've seen them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To paraphrase Princess Leia : "Help us Olé Olé Vicente , you're our only hope" :lol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
fannybreath will be living up to his name - his hero McEachran not in the starting XI - not going to boss he game whilst still having time to spare to polish his nails.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
That looks a resolute midfield, rather than flair, so if we keep it neat and compact, we might nick something. Get Vicente on for the last half hour if needs must :smile:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'd rather have Vicente or Forster Caskey in for Crofts. Hammond, Crofts and Bridcutt haven't seemed to work well together whenever I've seen them.

We are to vulnerable with Vicente in the side away from home. I much rather have him coming off the bench. Points are vital with a few games left and that is probably our strongest side we could put out. Pointless trying to go gun ho.

0-0 and i'll be happy

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bridcutt, Hammond and Crofts all in starting line up...Exciting it's not going to be. Is that Gus going for another win???

With the injuries who else would you have played then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here