Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams back as manager

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Wilkins gained NOTHING from it. What he wanted to gain from it was the retention of Hammond, irrespective of the cost. He failed because he was rumbled.

Had Hammond succeeded with his demands, it would have opened the floodgates and the budget would have been blown apart.
Dick KNight never wanted Hammond at the club

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I can't actually decide how I feel about this at all. On the one hand, I'm really rather chuffed at Micky's return, on the other I'm slightly outraged at the treatment of Deano after getting us to 7th in the league and only just missing out on the play-offs.

If Deano had been shite, or he'd resigned, or said he wanted to return to coaching voluntarily and MA was brought in, then great, but I can't quite get my head round why DK would want to replace him with a bolt out of the blue like this. Something fishy in Denmark methinks.

I'm going to hide away under the duvet until some more facts come out before forming my opinion.

Nighty night :wave:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well bugger me with a bango. its certainly never dull with the albion, very interesting summer and season ahead.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
OH MY GOD!

I'm stunned. I'm happy that Adams is back because he's a legend.

BUT - It's a REDICULOUS DECISION. How are young managers supposed to make it these days? Even when they do well, they're replaced. Complete and utter joke.

Thank you Dean Wilkins. I'm gutted that a club you love so much could do this to you.
exactly how i feel!

gutted for deano big time really am thought we were moving along but micky is the only other person i would rather have in charge !

just dont like the way it's been done

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
adams has done f*** all since leaving us - the players he always used as the spine of his side are past it, and i seriously cant see us improving on this seasons position with him in charge - which will have to go down as a failure

the only two positives i can see are that crowds MIGHT improve with him back, and that if he moves back into his old house it will mean more free training kit :clap: :clap: :clap:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well, f*** me, I have come home very drunk and have found this. Don't really know what to make of it. Feel very sorry for Wilkins. Thought he had done a decent enough job this year, some very good signings and now sadly i dont see Richards/Westlake coming back.

Weird decision and probably the wrong one in my opinion, I think. Only time will tell though.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think that this has been in the pipeline for some time now, these sort of things do not happen overnight.
Dean has always accepted his shortcomings in experience and maybe the first to admit relief that this burden has now been lifted from him, now he can get back to what he knows.
I don't think that he will leave, as being part of the set up for so long he would probably see this as a last resort plus the fact that he can still make a difference in a the coaching role.
As far as the clear out 'en mass', isn't this a trademark of Adam's way of doing things?
The only reason that Wilkins was handed this responsibility was so no one would blame Adams for the removal of ' fan's favourites' and hence he starts with an unblemished record and no animosity.
Wilkins displayed a lot of courage carrying this out, whist knowing that soon he would not have to face the fallout from it.
It is no secret that Adams had to be prised from this role in the past, so if everything goes to plan Knight is looking to longevity and popularity.
I think this is a brave move and you have to break eggs to make an omelette.
Only time will tell, never a dull moment eh.:yahoo:
:falmer::albion2::falmer::albion2::falmer:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Like a lot of fans i'm happy to see Micky Adams back at the club but the manner of his return is leaving a bit of a sour taste in my mouth at the moment.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Strange timing but it could be a lot worse. At least its been done before pre season, micky can have the whole summer to sign players, pre season to impose himself again on the squad and be judged on this season. The board had obviously decided on this a while ago from what people have been saying so at least they did it now rather than at christmas, feel sorry for DW but football is a harsh game. Good luck Micky and welcome back!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really don't know what to think. Dick Knight is a silent assassin and this is shoddy treatment of a manager for the 2nd time in succession. However DW does seem to struggle with some aspects of management, dealing with the media and thinking on his feet during a game being the most obvious to me.

Adams is an arrogant little man who has really done F all since he left but I can see the logic in bring back a man who can control the dressing room and is good at dealing with the media and has a phenomenal record as Albion manager.

My heart hopes DW will tell DK and MA to stuff their job, my head says it could work very well to have DW and MA in tandem.

Shocked and gutted for Deano but I can see the logic behind this move.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Reading the first few pages reminds me of all the Newcastle fans and Keegans return. On here we called them a bunch of idiots for thinking he was the messiah and being speechless live on Sky Sports News as they queued up in supermarkets mass buying boxes of Kellogs Special K.

Now we are in the same situation, and people are saying he's the messiah we will win the League, the cup, European qualification etc.

I was completely shocked when my mate text me, I still am. I dont even know if its a good or bad thing. I thought Wilkins done a great job in his 1st full season. Obviously he was tactically naive in some games, but it was his 1st crack and could have done better in the season coming up as he had a chance to make his own proper mark on the squad - he's been treated very unfairly if you think about it

I am glad Wilkins has been kept on as a coach as he has been brilliant at that.

As for Adams, I wish him luck, maybe this appointment will bring back a few more bums on seats. It certainly will make for a great summer as he tries to buy Cullip and bring back Hart and Mayo.

Good Luck Mickey, I hope people dont rely too much on past glories, but I think the appointment could well be a good one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here