Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams back as manager

Well there was all the business with Dean Hammond, and him coming out publicly saying George O'Callaghan would never play for the club again. That looks like interference and undermining your manager to me.

please please will people now realise what that stupid old bastard is about

Maybe "all that business" was being stoked up by Hammond and O'Callaghan, with the connivance of the manager?

It certainly wasn't doing the club any good.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I feel VERY sorry for Wilkins. I don't know how much more he could've done for the club in the time he was given. Thanks Deano you did all you could mate! :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The fact of the matter is that if Micky wins his first 3 matches of the 2008/09 season EVERY f***ing dissenter on here will fall back into line.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told by a very good source about 6 weeks ago that Dean Wilkins will not see the summer out and start next season as manager but as we were going great guns at the time just poo pood it as unlikely to happen but am shocked but pleased about this move.

Hope Barry Lloyd stays as Chief Scout and Dean Wilkins as First Team coach and that Guy Butters comes in as a coach for the young uns but the rest can go forth and multiply for me.

Shocked, but seems an overall sensible decision. Has seemed to a degree that cracks have been papered over since the turbulent xmas period and it would all come to a head eventually. It seemed evident that Wilkins struggled in dealings with freethinking players above the age of 21.

Top coach no doubt, and I hope he stays to pass on his knowledge, but replacing him with Adams can only be seen as an ambitious move.

What was he gaining from it?
Wilkins gained NOTHING from it. What he wanted to gain from it was the retention of Hammond, irrespective of the cost. He failed because he was rumbled.

Had Hammond succeeded with his demands, it would have opened the floodgates and the budget would have been blown apart.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Wilkins gained NOTHING from it. What he wanted to gain from it was the retention of Hammond, irrespective of the cost. He failed because he was rumbled.

Had Hammond succeeded with his demands, it would have opened the floodgates and the budget would have been blown apart.

That makes a lot of sense, fair enough. Sorry, it is just hard to understand when you are fumbling around in the dark, metaphorically and literally!

Do you know who made the decision on the out of contract players then?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
With respect, what the hell would he have to do with it?

Well as he is scouting for new players, he knows who he wants to get in, so I guess it works that he removes the people he wants to replace. Therefore he can follow up his targets, perhaps the Scandinavian Leagues produce excellent Left Backs, which is why we got rid of Mayo and Rents..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here