Micky Adams back as manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Dave is making a valid point, who did decide to release the players?

I'm sure it couldn't have been Wilkins, but that decision seemed as if it really was him putting his clear stamp on the team, the first time we could clearly talk of his team(give or take a few old heads). If the decision wasn't made by Wilkins, then Naylor's story the other day is directed at the wrong man!

IT WAS WILKINS

I suspect he had no idea until tonight !!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
wonder what prompted this. Shite Season Ticket sales?...bums on seats?...Wilkins lost the crowd? ( which was the last excuse against McGhee)

Is there another chairman who has hired and fired more managers in a 10 year tenure?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
wonder what prompted this. Shite Season Ticket sales?...bums on seats?...Wilkins lost the crowd? ( which was the last excuse against McGhee)

Is there another chairman who has hired and fired more managers in a 10 year tenure?

We have an autocratic club where DK makes decision on his own whims, that include budgets, players and now managers.

It will hinder our longer term progress, no doubt.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Absolutely bizarre decision. The chance for a bit of stability with a manager who has worked with some of the players for a number of years as youth coach is tossed aside. The one thing that all consistently successful clubs have in common is stability and it is something that the Albion seems to go out of its way to avoid. Accepted that we will always lose top managerial talent to bigger clubs (Adams, Coppel), but poor promotions from within (Wood, Hinshelwood) has meant the managerial revolving door has spun more often than it needs to. This is the first decision taken by Dick Knight that makes me think he is losing the plot. We need a clear, honest and open statement from the club as quickly as possible.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
if/when Wilkins says no, who will come in - Cork or Booker?

Both have watched Albion this season - did one of them have any say on the 10 departures? Booker has stayed local - but will it mean the return of Nicky K-S as an Albion uberfan again?

Or will MA be DK's number 2 in team/player selection?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We came SEVENTH and we get rid of the manager? MADNESS

Seventh and on a fraction of the budget of many other clubs in this division, with a number of promising youths coming through and having let DW sign our most expensive player in years in January.

Sorry but I don't think this is right, the guy was making good progress, and all that hard work may have been undone.

:down:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

Rupert Lowe! At least we haven't had a rugby coach in...

Thing is, things(aside from the odd blip) seemed to indicate we'd turned a corner, crowds were heading up and 7th wasn't that bad considering the relative threadbare nature of the squad at the start of the season.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Was O'Callaghan hinting at that in the Boxing Day interview...I do seem to remember he said things going on beyond the managers control..

No doubt he would have known anything then. DW hadnt been around for the last 3 weeks of the season so this has obviously been brewing......

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wilkins was not up to the job of getting this club promoted. We probably would have regressed next season. Wilkins would not have got us promoted before Falmer. Adams is by far an all round better manager than Wilkins so its a good decision.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
No doubt he would have known anything then. DW hadnt been around for the last 3 weeks of the season so this has obviously been brewing......

Ahh, so he was "ill" in the Russian style of the world, meaning you don't return, as opposed to actually being ill.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It is not often as a Brighton fan you are truly shocked (the last time being Virgo's move to Celtic) but on this occasion I am definitely stunned. Not sure what to make of it. While I have been impressed by Wilkins he does leave a lot to be desired tactically. However, Micky has done nothing since he left and does not have the Watson, Brooker, Oatway group of players to sign.

An interesting summer has suddenly got very interesting.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Adams style of football wll get the crowds back. That must be a main part. The football under Wilkins was poor

which brings me back to the reasons.......are ST renewals shite do we think?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports