Micky Adams back as manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Quality, wilkins out, yes, never wanted him in the 1st place, welcome back Micky

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm gonna take stock here.

First, this is a bolt from the blue. I don't know of anyone outside the club who saw this coming (doubtless some in the inner circle may have, but no-one even hinted at it).

Secondly, I don't think it's right to compare this situation with Alan Mullery's return. For a start, Micky is returning under the same chairman, something Mullery didn't do, and Micky will be given far more support from the board than Mullery was.

Thirdly, it says that Wilkins will stay on as First-Team Coach. That implies to me that he has (however reluctantly or however willingly) AGREED to this. The next few days will, I am sure, confirm this one way or the other.

Fourthly, Micky is a good manager who had one dynamite asset to his name - Bobby Zamora. Now that combination is not here, expectations ought not to be so high.

I must admit I am scratching my head about this one a bit, and doubtless there will be further explanations. For now, what I would say is - irrespective of whether I think this appointment will work (I suspect on balance it will) - welcome back Micky, and for what it's worth, you have my unqualified support. :clap:

A couple of your assertions are incorrect, I suspect that outside of the Boardroom, no-one knew.

It looks certain that Wilkins might leave.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I believe the decision was taken MONTHS ago. But it was deferred because the team was getting results and DK didn't want to rock that boat.

I wonder therefore a) whether Dean Wilkins has known for sometime and b) whether Micky had some input about the recent release of players - despite Dean figureheading that

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
now on the argus website and the bottom bit is interesting Wilkins didn't know, very shoddy treatment

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think it depends. If DK was had been planning this then there's no way he would have let Wendy bin 10 players.

Could it be because of the way he binned them. Has DK seen something he didn't like in Wendy's man management?

That hasn't really answered the question has it!

Wilkins decision on those players, definately.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've got very mixed feelings about this. It's very strange timing, just when Deano looked like he was building a decent squad. It's too much to take in, especially at this time of night. I'm going to have to take a bluey just to get to sleep now :rant:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Who changed my subject text and moved the thread -Mods Out :angry:

I've got a sticky :clap2: oh... :dunce:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes.

But it wasn't the events of the last week that sparked this explosion.

Ooh you are a tease. Spill the

images

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I reckon DK and MA! This has been rumoured since Xmas...........

Was O'Callaghan hinting at that in the Boxing Day interview...I do seem to remember he said things going on beyond the managers control..

Mar 4, 2008
Burgess Hill!
Welcome back Micky, however fair on unfair it is on Wilkins I think we can all agree that Adams is a complete legend!:yahoo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports