Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams back as manager

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm gonna take stock here.

First, this is a bolt from the blue. I don't know of anyone outside the club who saw this coming (doubtless some in the inner circle may have, but no-one even hinted at it).

Secondly, I don't think it's right to compare this situation with Alan Mullery's return. For a start, Micky is returning under the same chairman, something Mullery didn't do, and Micky will be given far more support from the board than Mullery was.

Thirdly, it says that Wilkins will stay on as First-Team Coach. That implies to me that he has (however reluctantly or however willingly) AGREED to this. The next few days will, I am sure, confirm this one way or the other.

Fourthly, Micky is a good manager who had one dynamite asset to his name - Bobby Zamora. Now that combination is not here, expectations ought not to be so high.

I must admit I am scratching my head about this one a bit, and doubtless there will be further explanations. For now, what I would say is - irrespective of whether I think this appointment will work (I suspect on balance it will) - welcome back Micky, and for what it's worth, you have my unqualified support. :clap:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Utter shite decision - what the f*** is going on?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You get used to expecting the bizarre being an Albion fan, this announcement certainly falls into that category...I feel sorry for Dean, Albion through and through, must feel like he has just been severely knifed in the back.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I am chuffed to bits. The last manager i can remember to play real exciting football.
A great decision - Wilkins better as a coach

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can I ask again....whose decision was it to get rid of the 10 players?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is superb news. We all knew that Wilkins was keeping the seat warm for someone else. Adams is a much better manager than Wilkins is ever likely to be. Now where's my season ticket renewal ?.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Brilliant news!

KEEP THE FAITH!!

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I just wonder how long DK has been planning this, and has kept the decision to go public quiet until now the seaon is conveniently over, so no backlash from fans at matches.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Does this mean we will be tempting Stan Collymore out of retirement and taking the squad on a pre season bonding trip of Spain?

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I'm really shocked by this news, Mickys a legend and hopefully he'll come back and do brilliantly, but I fell sorry for Wilkins, he's done a good and job and I felt he could take us further.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Can I ask again....whose decision was it to get rid of the 10 players?

I think it depends. If DK was had been planning this then there's no way he would have let Wendy bin 10 players.

Could it be because of the way he binned them. Has DK seen something he didn't like in Wendy's man management?

That hasn't really answered the question has it!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Dave is making a valid point, who did decide to release the players?

I'm sure it couldn't have been Wilkins, but that decision seemed as if it really was him putting his clear stamp on the team, the first time we could clearly talk of his team(give or take a few old heads). If the decision wasn't made by Wilkins, then Naylor's story the other day is directed at the wrong man!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here