[Albion] Message from club today...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
By implication of the speed in which you seem to have managed this, it doesn't seem to be a massively complicated logistical exercise, requiring a Herculean effort.

No it wasn't. The gmail+[name] is brilliant for this, so thanks for that.

Only thing I needed to do was a reset password on a couple of accounts where I must have used a different password for some reason.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I would ask how people are having so much trouble since the explanation "It is especially important that the email address is correct, as this will be the new login username." is in bold and comes before the line "you will need to have a separate and unique email address for each account or fan number you manage." but realised I only knew that because I managed to retrieve the email from my bin, because I ignored the 'Important information' subject and read the preview 'news tickets hospitality..." and thought it was of no interest to me.

I'm pleased. It was one of my responses on the recent survey (and probably was on last year's survey, too - login with email instead of fan number. Glad that's being actioned.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I haven't received this email - but I did get one about my subscription to Seagulls TV, which I didn't know I was subscribed to (Bronze member, now MyAlbion or whatever).

However, not sure what many of these posts are about either - as I have always logged into the website / ticketing and so on only with my email address anyway. I've always just put it in the 'fan number' box because I can't remember my fan number, and it's worked for years.

mr_pachaa

Oct 17, 2018
I noticed there's a new 'Donation Pledges' section on the ticketing site - anyone know what that's about?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I can understand why the Albion want to merge their systems, however I don't particularly understand why they insist upon using an actual email address for everyone, and I will ask them about that. It is not beyond the wit of a decent DBA to include both email and username fields in the new database. You could quite happily copy email to username and add something like _1, _2 etc to accounts with duplicate email addresses.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It's quite clearly a new backend database system where your fan ID is your entire customer account, club shop, Seagulls TV, ticket website etc. One email address per account/person.

A full customer profile which should improve the club's marketing quite considerably.

No big deal really is it, just set up a new email address for any kids you have.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's so clearly this.

Currently, there is a different log in for Seagulls TV, Seagulls Direct and the Ticket Website. We know that the club are moving the video and shop portions of their online presence under a more centralized umbrella to create a more streamlined experience.
To get this to work easily, the most obvious solution is to have a single login that means you can access everything BHAFC online under one name. It will improve things tenfold.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Nah, you could just create many email addresses. This does cause issues for those with younger kids who have not got an email address yet, but in all honesty, it's no hardship to open a gmail one for them and set up a forward to your own

Genuine question, is their a minimum age for setting up an email account for someone?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I used to have two tickets in my name which became a no no three or four years ago . Now myself and two sons are on my email with club as I pay for tickets. Can I leave as is ? I`ve ignored email, as I do with most emails from the club. We all get enough crap emails. Does anyone know if club are obliged to keep contacts confidential ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports