[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But we can all score from where we sit. The mind games take over with 100% pressure on the taker and none on the keeper. Who’s the more relaxed and focused on their job? Obv the keeper.

Quality and nerve show when the likes of Kane, Lineker, Shearer step up
Yes. I am possibly one of the greatest exponents of armchair football in the whole wide world. It's a gift.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
In some ways it is fortunate for Kaoru that there were so many poor Japanese penalties that it isn't all on his shoulders. So he mainly has the general disappointment to deal with.

The Japanese penalties were very poor. However, it looked to me as if the Croatia goalie was in front of the goal line when the ball was kicked for several of these and they should have been re taken.
He wasn’t, the replays clearly showed he still had a foot touching the line when the pen taker kicked the ball.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
A shame as I was enjoying watching Japan and Mitoma, I also find Croatia the most boring, drab, tedious international team. Major plus is Mitoma should be available for Soton now.
Still Croatia are likely to meet Brazil in the quarters which hopefully sees them bore off.

This, I have an irrational hatred of Croatia, they offer nothing to the footballing world other than one spawny result after another. They are the Palace of international football. Utter scum.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I ****ing hate penalties and I ****ing hate this ****ish World Cup.

Poor Kaoru. :( We’ve all got to help pick this boy up when he returns.
I’ve done a Potter and taken the positives. The boy is absolutely driven. He’ll come back wanting to prove that he should start every game and make Japan proud of him with his outstanding play. And he’ll be fit and rested

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This, I have an irrational hatred of Croatia, they offer nothing to the footballing world other than one spawny result after another. They are the Palace of international football. Utter scum.
Croatia was my first England away game - the Rob Green one ! Zagreb a grim place, spat on walking down the street, ripped off while getting some food / beers (was cheap as anyway) - never liked them since

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Croatia was my first England away game - the Rob Green one ! Zagreb a grim place, spat on walking down the street, ripped off while getting some food / beers (was cheap as anyway) - never liked them since
I think I went to that game. My main memory was of England being shite, we lost 0-2 I think, Rooney then gave the wanker sign to England fans as the players were leaving the ground, he’d have been lynched if we weren’t locked behind barriers. He went from hero to zero in seconds for me that night.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I’ve done a Potter and taken the positives. The boy is absolutely driven. He’ll come back wanting to prove that he should start every game and make Japan proud of him with his outstanding play. And he’ll be fit and rested
It is what it is, these are a good team and maybe Japan reached their ceiling? :shrug:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have been on a stag do in Zagreb and we had a brilliant time. A nice hotel just off the main square. It was during euros 2016 and we loved the atmosphere for a Croatia match that we watched in the main square. England were not in town which meant the locals were all Great to us. It was still very cheap food and drink in 2016.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Get the hankies ready before you watch this, poor lad.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
But we can all score from where we sit. The mind games take over with 100% pressure on the taker and none on the keeper. Who’s the more relaxed and focused on their job? Obv the keeper.

Quality and nerve show when the likes of Kane, Lineker, Shearer step up
Oh undoubtedly, I'm not saying that it's easy at all, quite the opposite in fact. I'm just saying that because of the nerves the path of least resistance would be to hit the ball where you're most comfortable. Try and take the nerves out of the equation as much as possible.

I saw an interview with Lineker and with those top, top players the mindset is different because they're a different breed. Their ability to tune out "the noise" and calmly stroke the ball home is remarkable.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I agree with almost all of that but “utter scum” seems a touch harsh. That’s Uruguay.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Don’t speak the language but imagine it’s a succession people saying how they’ve let everyone down………
At the end he's thanking him for his great play.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I was moaning about the need for "another Trossard" for years and here he is... Emperor Mitoma.

A real difference maker... unfortunately I don't think it is entirely impossible that he will be the new Cucurella in the sense "easy come, easy go". Anyone who watched the pre-World Cup documentary Bozza posted will know how determined and motivated this bloke is, and that he won't be satisfied until he's one of the best in the world.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yup. He's like a machine both on and off the field. Enjoy him whilst he is here because it won't be for long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports