Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Just seen the club’s montage of his cameo against Newcastle.

What a stunning EPL debut. What a joy the lad is. Sadly, after a performance like that, he’ll have two defenders on him next time he plays for us!

Let's hope so - more room for someone else to exploit in the box!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At one point Trippier could be seen shouting towards the technical area: "Eddie can you tell me where Mitoma's gone ? He's a Japanese boy..."

"Oh, for ffff....He's over there near the byline, in behind you again Tripps. AGAIN !!".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can a mod now tidy up this thread title.
I believe the loan period has now ended.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I am very, very excited about this young fella. He looks absolutely class whenever he plays. I really hope he gets a start tomorrow night - he’s earned it in my opinion.

Our next superstar.
Agreed. His first goal can't be far off.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Absolute baller, was great today

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Not a perfect performance by any means but I absolutely LOVE watching Kaoru play - his elegance on the ball when running at serious speed is a joy to watch (and mightily impressive). He’s gonna cause teams some serious problems this season - glad to see him get his first start.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
There was some idiot in WSU who loudly kept calling him "Tommy Takimoto" and looking pleased with himself for being hilarious. At the time I couldn't decide if it was racist or just stupid, but thinking about it, taking the p1ss out of a foreigners name has got to be racist...

Racism and stupidity go hand in hand.

Thought Mitoma had a really decent game. Tired towards the end but looked dangerous.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
So he'll be off to Chelsea in January, eh?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He was absolutely fantastic at times yesterday and his energy and joy with the ball at his feet is infectious. Pre-game @hans kraay fan club mentioned seeing a few Japanese fans outside the Amex and how it was good for them he was in the starting XI. It turned out good for the rest of us too. I think I saw the same fans after the game while having a celebratory pint outside the WSU. They looked very happy.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Had what I think may be either his family or very close friends sat in front of me. The club give seats in my area to players family, we've had many chats (well tried) with non English speaking fans. Four Japanese with full Japanese language on their phones and crisps from Japan. They even tidied up after themselves. Obviously picked the right match to come to as well. Looked very pleased. Tried to have a chat but gave up.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
As much as he's thrilling, I think his radar was way off today. Many misplaced passes. Despite that, he did assist for the all important first goal.
Not sure of 'many' but there were a few where he did the hard work, tackle and out playing the oppo player, only to not get his head up and fluff the pass. Saying that, he was brilliant and a joy watch him ripping them a new one again and again.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think he was brilliant and while not the best player on the pitch, I still think he was the main reason Brighton managed to score three goals in the first half. GP was probably expecting to face Welbeck, who is a pretty predictable player, but instead had to deal with another Trossard-type player. As he was waltzing around you could see that the Chelsea defenders really felt they had played every third day for a month now - they looked like they were made of wood.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Think this guy can be a very important player for us. Skilful and pacey. Could also score goals. I liked the way Kaori linked up with Pervis to cause great problems to Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here