Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
£2.7m is an absolute joke of a transfer fee for him, how on earth did we get him that cheap?

He has showed at USG and on international duty, an eye for goal. I can’t wait till his first goal. It will be one of many!
It's an absolute bargain and another example of our policy to look at unfancied leagues for players. Although the fee paid for Mitoma is nothing in the PL era it's still in the all time top 20 of sales made by J-League clubs.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

I am very, very excited about this young fella. He looks absolutely class whenever he plays. I really hope he gets a start tomorrow night - he’s earned it in my opinion.

Our next superstar.

I am convinced this guy is the future for us. I really, really rate him.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Shame in a way that the 1,500 pass move (or however many it was) for the third goal ended up being turned in as an OG. Would have been lovely for Mitoma to have slotted it away - he was there and ready to do so.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Spotted in Qatar

Attachments

• AD08D546-3631-4DD2-BE7A-029A0037BDE6.jpeg
    AD08D546-3631-4DD2-BE7A-029A0037BDE6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I ****ing hate penalties and I ****ing hate this ****ish World Cup.

Poor Kaoru. :( We’ve all got to help pick this boy up when he returns.
Felt for Japan, Croatia tend to grind out results when they need them though. ..just loved the manager in three piece suit and tie !

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just never understand trying to place penalties at this pace and height. 50% chance keeper will save. But see this so many times

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I ****ing hate penalties and I ****ing hate this ****ish World Cup.

Poor Kaoru. :( We’ve all got to help pick this boy up when he returns.
We will….but don‘t let him anywhere near our penalties :smile:

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
In some ways it is fortunate for Kaoru that there were so many poor Japanese penalties that it isn't all on his shoulders. So he mainly has the general disappointment to deal with.

The Japanese penalties were very poor. However, it looked to me as if the Croatia goalie was in front of the goal line when the ball was kicked for several of these and they should have been re taken.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Just never understand trying to place penalties at this pace and height. 50% chance keeper will save. But see this so many times
I'm the same. I mean, I know the pressure is unique, and goodness knows their legs may well have felt like jelly but I'm a fan of hitting it as hard as you can to the side that suits your dominant foot. All of those penalties were savable if the keeper gambles correctly

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm the same. I mean, I know the pressure is unique, and goodness knows their legs may well have felt like jelly but I'm a fan of hitting it as hard as you can to the side that suits your dominant foot. All of those penalties were savable if the keeper gambles correctly
But we can all score from where we sit. The mind games take over with 100% pressure on the taker and none on the keeper. Who’s the more relaxed and focused on their job? Obv the keeper.

Quality and nerve show when the likes of Kane, Lineker, Shearer step up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here