Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Watched him in the Belgium league, and have been telling anyone who listens, he can play.

He really can, exceptional talent, stops the ball then he goes 0-60 in about 2 secs, and will leave most players trailing in his wake. Lifts his head and has a high percentage of playing the right pass.

Will have ups and downs, massive kudos to the recruitment team on this one….. Fantastic.

Very exciting

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the South American contingent outweighed the Japanese.

Not that it matters, at the moment, it's just great to see new fans making the effort to get to the stadium, to support the team.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I saw a lot of tourists. As we are not a particular diverse fanbase it was great to see.

Thought his tricky feet looked fabulous. Exciting player.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You’ve got to get over your March issue. Have you not watched these two games and pre season?!

March is streets ahead of Lamptey as a player at the moment.

March is playing his best football, but it's still not resulting in any end product.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
March is playing his best football, but it's still not resulting in any end product.

Apart from it being his shot that De Gea could not hold that Groß then put in the rebound or having shots off the line yesterday where he was a whisker from adding a goal to his impressive performances.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020

Mainly because we can't finish.

He's the reason we got the second last week.

Today he set up Lallana for that header and put in plenty of dangerous balls.

March has been outstanding so far.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apart from it being his shot that De Gea could not hold that Groß then put in the rebound or having shots off the line yesterday where he was a whisker from adding a goal to his impressive performances.

That's the point, he's always a whisker away.
I wish it wasn't so.
I wish it was a blip.

But, as said, despite his very impressive recent performances backing into last season, there's always end product hanging over him.

I certainly wouldn't drop him, but by the same token after results like yesterday (where he was very good) he does become easier to drop.

The young man is an enigma wrapped up in a riddle.

Dec 29, 2011
That's the point, he's always a whisker away.
I wish it wasn't so.
I wish it was a blip.

But, as said, despite his very impressive recent performances backing into last season, there's always end product hanging over him.

I certainly wouldn't drop him, but by the same token after results like yesterday (where he was very good) he does become easier to drop.

The young man is an enigma wrapped up in a riddle.

Probably in our top 3 players so far this season. Literally created the second United goal out of nothing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably in our top 3 players so far this season
Totally agree
Literally created the second United goal out of nothing.
Weak goal keeping.
Really really poor covering defending.
Astute and has to be said fortunate positional play from Groß, would like a word with you!

There's no way his play over the last 3 months warrants a return of 1 assist (v West Ham).
But we are a team who have some form of goal blindness and Solly is the very epitome of that.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He has skinned the right back in every appearance so far, against defenders who’ve progressively increased in quality. Lightning. Love the fact that he’s different to what we already have. A genuine winger who wants to go round the outside.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Totally agree

Weak goal keeping.
Really really poor covering defending.
Astute and has to be said fortunate positional play from Groß, would like a word with you!

There's no way his play over the last 3 months warrants a return of 1 assist (v West Ham).
But we are a team who have some form of goal blindness and Solly is the very epitome of that.

Might as well give up on Pascal Gross for his miss yesterday if you can’t give Solly any credit for goal v United.
PS all clubs have some form of goal blindness.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Leaving out Mac Allister would be more than questionable, it would be irresponsible and wrong. He’s brilliant in that position, one of our best players.

He is and I agree, but thought his first half display was his worst since he joined yesterday.

Second half, magnificent, but then he had options to pass to….

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You’ve got to get over your March issue. Have you not watched these two games and pre season?!

March is streets ahead of Lamptey as a player at the moment.

Agree.

Lamptey is relatively easy to play against if you don’t go tight.

Solly is outstanding so far, and actually seems to improve every year. Lucky to have him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Some clown behind me yelled 'We've taken off our best attacker [he meant Trossard] for a bloke who hasn't even touched the ball yet literally seconds before Mitoma first touched the ball and went past two of their defenders. A nice moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here