Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If you read my post again, you will notice that I only asked a question. As I said, I didn't follow the Brexit campaign very closely.
you asked the ''question'' thinking you already knew the answer , sadly you didnt , and you were wrong.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was just a long term point that the many billions we send to Brussels could be used elsewhere and you can be sure there are other policies that cost us like migrant child benefits while they don't even live here etc.Not to mention the 1.7 billion charge for having a prosperous economy.
This government has fundamentally failed the poorer people in poorer towns and cities and have closed down hospitals and failed to build for the future...These things tell you that the so called great economy wasn't all it was cracked up to be unless you're middle/upper class and the austerity cuts some it all up.
I'd dread to think what this country would be like in 20 years if this immigration continues.

Absolute crap. It was done to sow the seed in the mind of idiots that by not being in the EU we would then spend £350m extra per week on the NHS. Anyone with an ounce of intellligence knew that a) we don't spend £350m per week on the EU and b) if we want access to the free market then we have to pay which will further eat into what we can spend on other things. Add into that the fact we need to replace the grants from the EU that many companies, farmers etc there won't be anything left to spend on the NHS!!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That article say that we sent 17.8 billion (340m a week)to the EU and received 4.9 billion back as a rebate. We do not decide on the amount we receive as a rebate, so we actually lose control of £340m a week to the EU. Whichever way you look at it, it's a pretty shit deal.
Yes the 350 million a week was gross and I'm sure most knew that anyway :glare:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Much preferred the Scottish and Northern Ireland MEPs speeches, which of course received loud applause as opposed to Nigel's silence.

Given that we're out shouldn't Nigel be going on a pre-retirement course so that he can fully understand what he can invest in following his exit for the European Parliament. Don't invest in UK Stocks and share or sterling at the present as you could lose your savings and pension pot.

If you'd invested in them this morning before the markets opened you'd have made more than 2% profit by this evening.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Absolute crap. It was done to sow the seed in the mind of idiots that by not being in the EU we would then spend £350m extra per week on the NHS. Anyone with an ounce of intellligence knew that a) we don't spend £350m per week on the EU and b) if we want access to the free market then we have to pay which will further eat into what we can spend on other things. Add into that the fact we need to replace the grants from the EU that many companies, farmers etc there won't be anything left to spend on the NHS!!!!
We have services struggling to cope and the point was...."we could spend our money on our country" that is all...Well at least we can fish in our own waters without restrictions and maybe get back this huge industry that has disappeared.
You can blab on about the wonderful EU all you like pal,but frankly good bloody riddance to it and I'm over the moon.

It cracks me up that all those idiot stayers actually believe life doesn't exist outside the EU and every country that was to leave would crumble because a so called "glorified agency" in Brussels owns your country!!!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No it wasn't, this was the official leave campaign, which Farage had nothing whatsoever to do with , seems like youre quite happy to castigate others for misleading information and innacuracies whilst being no stranger to them yourself.............

It doesn't matter, you are splitting hairs, he was still part of the leave campaign which he benefitted from. Official or unofficial Leave is still Leave propaganda.

We could say that he won through other peoples lies, and it suited him to not correct them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That article say that we sent 17.8 billion (340m a week)to the EU and received 4.9 billion (90m a week) back as a rebate. We do not decide on the amount we receive as a rebate, so we actually lose control of £340m a week to the EU. Whichever way you look at it, it's a pretty shit deal.

Really!!!! It is not a random amount, there is an agreed mechanism for working it out. It is also an instant discount so we don't pay it in the first place so I cannot fathom how you reach the conclusion that we lose control of £340m per week. Absolute joke!

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
That article say that we sent 17.8 billion (340m a week)to the EU and received 4.9 billion (90m a week) back as a rebate. We do not decide on the amount we receive as a rebate, so we actually lose control of £340m a week to the EU. Whichever way you look at it, it's a pretty shit deal.

Well, it may be my reading comprehension but the article seems to say...

Last year our notional contribution to the EU was £17.8 billion (£340 million a week). But the UK gets a rebate, which is deducted from our payments. Margaret Thatcher fought hard for this rebate when she was prime minister. It is never sent to Brussels.

It also says...

This is a fraction of the benefits we have got from being part of the EU’s single market. And remember that if we wanted to leave the EU but stay in the single market, like Norway, we’d most likely still have to pay a membership fee. Norway’s net payment per person is about the same as ours.

The amount the Treasury actually pays for membership is £6.3 billion a year. That’s £17m a day, or 26p each – half the price of a Mars bar.

http://infacts.org/uk-doesnt-send-eu-350m-a-week-or-55m-a-day/

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It doesn't matter, you are splitting hairs, he was still part of the leave campaign which he benefitted from. Official or unofficial Leave is still Leave propaganda.

We could say that he won through other peoples lies, and it suited him to not correct them.
No I'm not, and no he wasnt, they made a conscious decision NOTto have Nigel Farage as part of the campaign.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Think your find its in France best interest is to keep them out as we would only be sending them back there.

And prey tell why they would have to accept them back, after all, the UK would be their preferred destination, Le French would be just aiding them in their journey rather than intercepting them as they do now as partners in cross border controls.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We have services struggling to cope and the point was...."we could spend our money on our country" that is all...Well at least we can fish in our own waters without restrictions and maybe get back this huge industry that has disappeared.
You can blab on about the wonderful EU all you like pal,but frankly good bloody riddance to it and I'm over the moon.

It cracks me up that all those idiot stayers actually believe life doesn't exist outside the EU and every country that was to leave would crumble because a so called "glorified agency" in Brussels owns your country!!!

Again, absolute crap. It was a deliberate marketing exercise to mislead and muddy the waters. It was targeted at people too thick to research the facts and it worked.

I'm not saying the EU is perfect, far from it. However, whomever is in charge of the Brexit negotiations will still be getting us access to the free market which will include a fee that we have to pay and freedom of movement. We don't save money and we still don't control our borders.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well, it may be my reading comprehension but the article seems to say...

It also says...

http://infacts.org/uk-doesnt-send-eu-350m-a-week-or-55m-a-day/
Depends what way you look at it...
Is the EU a business? Yes it must be
The EU is just a middle man that actually does very little and let's be honest all countries in the EU are more than capable of trading with each other without paying a bunch of bellends in Brussels ridiculous amounts of money for doing very little and paying their staff £2 billion a year.

Idiotic organisation and the sooner it crumbles the better :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No I'm not, and no he wasnt, they made a conscious decision NOTto have Nigel Farage as part of the campaign.

It doesn't matter, Leave is Leave and doesn't matter who the influence is. Farage was claiming it all as his victory 17 years after the EU laughed at him. I didn't hear him thank the official Leave campaign that made it all possible.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
And prey tell why they would have to accept them back, after all, the UK would be their preferred destination, Le French would be just aiding them in their journey rather than intercepting them as they do now as partners in cross border controls.

Because that what happens now, it wont change.

D

Deleted member 2719

Nigel.

Attachments

• images (2).jpg
    images (2).jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 209

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here