Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I didn't follow the Brexit campaign very closely, but wasn't it Farage and his ilk who drove these buses...

JS89532410.jpg

... all around the UK so millions of people believed him and voted "Leave"?

If so, then how on earth does he get away with such a lie and is still a hero (apparently) for so many?

Because it's not a lie. It doesn't say let's use all this money to fund the NHS. It says let's fund it, I'm sure that a large portion of that would more than help to properly fund the NHS and still leave some for other matters.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
I am not disagreeing, I was giving a reason why a lot of the Brexit voters are not concerned about the lies they were told about the NHS funding....

Oh, right. Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed for Britain; hopefully you will get a good exit deal (just don't send this Farage fellow to do the negotiations).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
YEP, blokes a genius [emoji106]
regards
DR
High praise, indeed.
im making a special batch of Farage fromage (geddit!!) Jam and will be selling it for £4 (approximately €10) at Southwick patriots market on saturday morning). its just like normal jam but its got extra sugar innit beacause Farage is so sweet

Regards

DR
That's more like it !

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
But the immigration will not really decrease (if anything it will increase, because the French won't try to stop the refugees trying to come to England anymore) as the movement of people from EU countries won't be limited (unless Britain wants to be excluded from the common market after Brexit, which I don't think is the case).

Think your find its in France best interest is to keep them out as we would only be sending them back there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh, right. Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed for Britain; hopefully you will get a good exit deal (just don't send this Farage fellow to do the negotiations).
He'll be nowhere near the negotiations.
He even failed to get elected to the UK Parliament last election.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I am not disagreeing, I was giving a reason why a lot of the Brexit voters are not concerned about the lies they were told about the NHS funding....
It was just a long term point that the many billions we send to Brussels could be used elsewhere and you can be sure there are other policies that cost us like migrant child benefits while they don't even live here etc.Not to mention the 1.7 billion charge for having a prosperous economy.
This government has fundamentally failed the poorer people in poorer towns and cities and have closed down hospitals and failed to build for the future...These things tell you that the so called great economy wasn't all it was cracked up to be unless you're middle/upper class and the austerity cuts some it all up.
I'd dread to think what this country would be like in 20 years if this immigration continues.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
tells the EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT a few home truth's :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: good on him i say a bit like telling some of the people on here a few home truths:clap2:
regards
DR
Farage has TWO pensions from the EU parliament.
One is run of the mill and as widely publicised as any company pension.
The other, available to MEP's of long standing is highly secretive and apparently very much more beneficial.

Farage can afford to dick them off in the same way he has dicked off the British public

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He is elected though.

When Enoch Powell told the truth he got stiffed by the Tory leader of the party he was in. Now Nige has stiffed Dave, "Ted Heath" Cameron.

And both Ted Heaths got screwed by Unions,TUC and EU. theres the Irony.

What are you talking about?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I didn't follow the Brexit campaign very closely, but wasn't it Farage and his ilk who drove these buses...

JS89532410.jpg

... all around the UK so millions of people believed him and voted "Leave"?

If so, then how on earth does he get away with such a lie and is still a hero (apparently) for so many?
No it wasn't, this was the official leave campaign, which Farage had nothing whatsoever to do with , seems like youre quite happy to castigate others for misleading information and innacuracies whilst being no stranger to them yourself.............

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Farage has TWO pensions from the EU parliament.
One is run of the mill and as widely publicised as any company pension.
The other, available to MEP's of long standing is highly secretive and apparently very much more beneficial.

Farage can afford to dick them off in the same way he has dicked off the British public

He gets 'appearance money' from Putin's Russia Today (RT).

Didn't want to publish his Tax Return though.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
No it wasn't, this was the official leave campaign, which Farage had nothing whatsoever to do with , seems like youre quite happy to castigate others for misleading information and innacuracies whilst being no stranger to them yourself.............

If you read my post again, you will notice that I only asked a question. As I said, I didn't follow the Brexit campaign very closely.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But the immigration will not really decrease (if anything it will increase, because the French won't try to stop the refugees trying to come to England anymore) as the movement of people from EU countries won't be limited (unless Britain wants to be excluded from the common market after Brexit, which I don't think is the case).

The ferry companies,eurotunnel owners,french haulage firms,cargo and freight companies may well have something to say about the police continuing to try to stop people trying to illegally come here.
They have a legitimate right for their businesses to operate smoothly and their workers to work in safety and will be a bit miffed i suspect if the french authorities simply down tools and let the ports and tunnel become a bedlam free for all zone for illegal migrants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here