Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bound to be a reaction to the fear of change. Understandable in Ireland with their history. It is interesting that a lot of the Irish think Brexit is a mistake. I would totally agree. It is a great pity we were put through all this, the EU should have seen the warning signs years ago and stopped their march to a huge, uncontrollable superstate. Most British people do not and have never wanted such a state, so it is hardly surprising there was a backlash.

I think that just because people don't wish to leave the EU, that it doesn't necessarily tally that someone 'supports' it.

We were told by Farage and his ilk that once we made the decision to leave, France and Ireland would soon follow. They haven't. As the polls, elections etc have proved, they have increased their like for the EU.
There is no uncontrollable superstate. Any one of the 28 countries had a veto. We didn't join the Euro. If it had been a superstate, we would have been made to join.

Jan 30, 2008
We were told by Farage and his ilk that once we made the decision to leave, France and Ireland would soon follow. They haven't. As the polls, elections etc have proved, they have increased their like for the EU.
There is no uncontrollable superstate. Any one of the 28 countries had a veto. We didn't join the Euro. If it had been a superstate, we would have been made to join.
Poland and Italy will be next
regards
DR

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There is no uncontrollable superstate as yet perhaps, but closer integration is always on the agenda. I think that's a huge mistake. And as for Farage, I admire some of what he did, but like any politician, he can be wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is no uncontrollable superstate as yet perhaps, but closer integration is always on the agenda. I think that's a huge mistake. And as for Farage, I admire some of what he did, but like any politician, he can be wrong.

There's just an uncontrollable Tory government at the moment, but at least the House of Lords are pegging them back with some common sense.

Your Mum

Dec 22, 2016
There's just an uncontrollable Tory pegging
...your mum

Boris Johnson.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here