Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] mental health - advice if possible please

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Just about to try to stream the Man City match - again from a hospital bed but just been told I need an emergency op now to to remove my gallbladder - bizarrely it’s gone from an ultrasound yesterday when it looked ok apparently to the results of a CT tonight saying infection spreading out of control and it needs to come out immediately 🤷🏻‍♂️

Any nice thoughts appreciated - kind of shitting bricks a bit as all family/friends in london.

And well ..

Enjoy the football, I shall!
Good Luck tomorrow. Positive thoughts. NHS have saved my life. Oh enjoy 2nd half

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Just about to try to stream the Man City match - again from a hospital bed but just been told I need an emergency op now to to remove my gallbladder - bizarrely it’s gone from an ultrasound yesterday when it looked ok apparently to the results of a CT tonight saying infection spreading out of control and it needs to come out immediately 🤷🏻‍♂️

Any nice thoughts appreciated - kind of shitting bricks a bit as all family/friends in london.

And well ..

Good luck with your operation.
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I'll leave it there.
But seriously, I hope it goes well.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

And well ..

I don't think that shitting bricks is a good idea for somebody with your insides.

A normal poo 💩 is quite sufficient.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Good luck with your operation.
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I'll leave it there.
That was perfectly good enough. Thank you 😊

When I wrote that post last night, I was very sick and on IV self administered Morphine via a PCA so sorry if it was a bit ‘oh look at poor lille ole me.’

Anyway when I came out of the 5 hour surgery this afternoon which went brilliantly btw and done laparoscopically in the end, the surgeon said the whole back of my gallbladder had disintegrated and was stuck to my liver, it was gangrenous and had continuously been leaking infectious bile into my stomach - so of course I had sepsis - and unsurprisingly critically ill 🤢

- no wonder too, that I’ve been in so much pain and miserable the past 3 weeks and crawling on the living room floor in agony literally before finally calling ambulance 🙄

On the positive side - Do not be afraid of operations - NHS is fantastic - all the doctors, anaesthetist and post opp nursing staff were just amazingly kind and brilliant at getting done what was needed.

They literally saved my life this morning - and yet in a working environment made incredibly difficult by a shortage of staff and lack of investment - in how they deal with the stress of trying to help the critically sick and dying everyday yet still find precious minutes to crouch down by a bedside and patiently explain a procedure to someone who is doped up to their eyeballs and struggling to absorb being told they are being rushed into theatre for emergency surgery while the whole surgical team is standing around the bed waiting, ready to run and prep as soon as they get a ‘yes’ -or when the consultant surgeon holds your hand and smiles kindly and in sympathy when you wince in pain, or a surgeon helping you onto a commode 10 minutes before surgery because you are in too much pain and too weak to stand or the tea lady and nursing assistants plying you with cups of tea in recovery and more cuppas when you’re back on the ward …

- I can’t describe how much respect all our care workers should get - they are right, ’clapping is not enough ‘ ❤️

Sorry to be soppy - it’s the Oxy talking this time 😂

- And we drew with Man City last night and we are in Europa and De Zerbi is staying for at least another season - Howzat!

Last edited:

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Glad it went OK
Sorry you had to go through it
Glad that you saw the NHS at it's best and sorry you had to.
Never Forget.
And Good Luck from here in your recovery

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

When I wrote that post last night, I was very sick and on IV self administered Morphine via a PCA so sorry if it was a bit ‘oh look at poor lille ole me.’

Anyway when I came out of the 5 hour surgery this afternoon which went brilliantly btw and done laparoscopically in the end, the surgeon said the whole back of my gallbladder had disintegrated and was stuck to my liver, it was gangrenous and had continuously been leaking infectious bile into my stomach - so of course I had sepsis - and unsurprisingly critically ill 🤢

- no wonder too, that I’ve been in so much pain and miserable the past 3 weeks and crawling on the living room floor in agony literally before finally calling ambulance 🙄

On the positive side - Do not be afraid of operations - NHS is fantastic - all the doctors, anaesthetist and post opp nursing staff were just amazingly kind and brilliant at getting done what was needed.

They literally saved my life this morning - and yet in a working environment made incredibly difficult by a shortage of staff and lack of investment - in how they deal with the stress of trying to help the critically sick and dying everyday yet still find precious minutes to crouch down by a bedside and patiently explain a procedure to someone who is doped up to their eyeballs and struggling to absorb being told they are being rushed into theatre for emergency surgery while the whole surgical team is standing around the bed waiting, ready to run and prep as soon as they get a ‘yes’ -or when the consultant surgeon holds your hand and smiles kindly and in sympathy when you wince in pain, or a surgeon helping you onto a commode 10 minutes before surgery because you are in too much pain and too weak to stand or the tea lady and nursing assistants plying you with cups of tea in recovery and more cuppas when you’re back on the ward …

- I can’t describe how much respect all our care workers should get - they are right, ’clapping is not enough ‘ ❤️

- And we drew with Man City last night and we are in Europa and De Zerbi is staying for at least another season - Howzat!
Really hope life gets better for you now.
Very best wishes x

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I was at my local football clubs year end dinner last night. One of the players who I have known for years informed me of a chap who worked for his parents had committed suicide.

I knew this guy, a friend from "yesteryear", I employed his wife (ended up ex), a lovely guy, knew him for over 15 years albeit more bumping into than arranged.

The most English Frenchman I've ever known. So sad, please please anyone you're not alone, shout, scream or whatever I plead to ask for help. On here there's always someone who will listen, help or even actively come to you. Those feeling the need please shout out.

Life is shit sometimes

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Hi Zeb,
So sorry to hear that you are back in hospital, but very pleased that the op was a success.
Keep strong, my thoughts are with you.
Block F👍

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hi Zeb,
So sorry to hear that you are back in hospital, but very pleased that the op was a success.
Keep strong, my thoughts are with you.
Block F👍
Thank you. I know from previous posts above and private messages that others have faced their own health scares recently and are also in hospital at the moment - I do hope your AAA op is either over or scheduled soon and you are doing OK yourself @BLOCK F

I don’t think it can be reiterated enough the negative emotional and mental impact that unrelenting poor physical health/pain can have on someone (and their family) so as our lads go into our final game of the season tomorrow with their heads held high, deservedly proud of our achievements this campaign, can I say thank you again for our great Club, for TB, RDZ, for the NSC forum and of course all of you for being just one of the many great sources of strength and encouragement we find ourselves needing at times..but especially for me, to see our boys battling hard on the pitch when times had got particularly tough for me was an inspiration - For that I’m so grateful.

It really does ‘take a village’ doesn’t it 😍

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
<snip>

Oi, are you using my name as a euphemism for talking rubbish?! :mad::unsure::LOL:

Glad to hear the op went well, sounds like a vital intervention that will hopefully set you back on track.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Oi, are you using my name as a euphemism for talking rubbish?! :mad::unsure::LOL:

Glad to hear the op went well, sounds like a vital intervention that will hopefully set you back on track.
😝😂

Thank you!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Thank you. I know from previous posts above and private messages that others have faced their own health scares recently and are also in hospital at the moment - I do hope your AAA op is either over or scheduled soon and you are doing OK yourself @BLOCK F

I don’t think it can be reiterated enough the negative emotional and mental impact that unrelenting poor physical health/pain can have on someone (and their family) so as our lads go into our final game of the season tomorrow with their heads held high, deservedly proud of our achievements this campaign, can I say thank you again for our great Club, for TB, RDZ, for the NSC forum and of course all of you for being just one of the many great sources of strength and encouragement we find ourselves needing at times..but especially for me, to see our boys battling hard on the pitch when times had got particularly tough for me was an inspiration - For that I’m so grateful.

It really does ‘take a village’ doesn’t it 😍
Hi there Zeb,
Thanks for your reply. I do hope you are on the mend and feeling better.
I haven’t yet had my op for the AAA and as yet, I don’t know whether I will be having an Endovascular repair or open surgery or when. I am rather concerned because it is now of a size substantially above the threshold for treatment.I will be ringing up tomorrow in an attempt to find out more. I have to say, I am extremely anxious.
Anyway, good luck and best wishes for a continuing recovery.👍

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hi there Zeb,
Thanks for your reply. I do hope you are on the mend and feeling better.
I haven’t yet had my op for the AAA and as yet, I don’t know whether I will be having an Endovascular repair or open surgery or when. I am rather concerned because it is now of a size substantially above the threshold for treatment.I will be ringing up tomorrow in an attempt to find out more. I have to say, I am extremely anxious.
Anyway, good luck and best wishes for a continuing recovery.👍
Hi @BLOCK F

Sorry I missed your response yesterday 😕.

My thoughts are with you and I can see why your news is worrying for you - definitely contact the cardiology clinic or your GP for more information- I do think things are getting left longer than they should in parts of the NHS post-pandemic - especially if ‘urgent’ elective surgery is happening in a non-urgent timescale. My CT scan result came back yesterday and my aneurysms have grown over 1.5CM in a month (which is what they said would be the annual growth so severe Covid and the pain of acute cholecystitus/sepsis may have caused the change (along with certain changes to my lung imaging) so I get your concern - I haven’t even got a cardiologist appt yet - however, I finally left hospital today for the first time in days and am at home - hopefully for a while at least.

Please post back here to update us especially to take a load off when it all gets too much - I know it’s the PL summer break but that doesn’t mean there are not some good folk still hanging around the boards to give you a pick-me-up if needed❤️

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Hi @BLOCK F

Sorry I missed your response yesterday 😕.

My thoughts are with you and I can see why your news is worrying for you - definitely contact the cardiology clinic or your GP for more information- I do think things are getting left longer than they should in parts of the NHS post-pandemic - especially if ‘urgent’ elective surgery is happening in a non-urgent timescale. My CT scan result came back yesterday and my aneurysms have grown over 1.5CM in a month (which is what they said would be the annual growth so severe Covid and the pain of acute cholecystitus/sepsis may have caused the change (along with certain changes to my lung imaging) so I get your concern - I haven’t even got a cardiologist appt yet - however, I finally left hospital today for the first time in days and am at home - hopefully for a while at least.

Please post back here to update us especially to take a load off when it all gets too much - I know it’s the PL summer break but that doesn’t mean there are not some good folk still hanging around the boards to give you a pick-me-up if needed❤️
Hello@Zeberdi,
Thanks for your reply which I only saw this morning as I haven’t been on NSC for a few days.
As you say, urgent elective surgery is definitely happening in a non urgent timescale. I have chased up and have an appointment with one of the surgeons tomorrow and hope to hear more, including a timescale.
Good luck with your treatment and I hope you get an appointment soon. Pleased to hear you are back home.
PS. I am a bit of a tech ignoramus, so I don’t even know how to get the blue @ thing on here!😳
Very Best Wishes
Block F.👍

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hello@Zeberdi,
Thanks for your reply which I only saw this morning as I haven’t been on NSC for a few days.
As you say, urgent elective surgery is definitely happening in a non urgent timescale. I have chased up and have an appointment with one of the surgeons tomorrow and hope to hear more, including a timescale.
Good luck with your treatment and I hope you get an appointment soon. Pleased to hear you are back home.
PS. I am a bit of a tech ignoramus, so I don’t even know how to get the blue @ thing on here!😳
Very Best Wishes
Block F.👍
Hope all is well and you have a clearer idea of the plan going forward.

Well to continue my own saga, last Monday, which frankly has become a source of entertainment to all my friends and me, I was admitted to A&E directly from an OP appointment last Monday with severe respiratory illness I contracted whilst having my gallbladder removed.

I am yet again in an isolation ward (if you recall, the first one was with Covid in March) but this time at yet another hospital so that’s 3 different hospitals since March. I have been in this room now since Wednesday after being moved from the general ward. Partially collapsed lung on both sides, Post-Covid lung damage and now a post-op, para flu viral chest infection which means my asthma is completely put of control and i keep going into severe respiratory distress so they are trying to restore lung function. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

Bar 2.5 weeks at home, now hospitalised for 3 months

The good news is, I am learning how to be a patient and apart from this second stint in an isolation ward, coping much better apart from a few meltdowns when my meds or meals have been missed (because I’m hidden away in a side room?)

My room with a view (told the frightened nurse that I didn’t actually have ebola and full hazmat was probably overkill 😂)

IMG_1301.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Well to continue my own saga, last Monday, which frankly has become a source of entertainment to all my friends and me, I was admitted to A&E directly from an OP appointment last Monday with severe respiratory illness I contracted whilst having my gallbladder removed.

I am yet again in an isolation ward (if you recall, the first one was with Covid in March) but this time at yet another hospital so that’s 3 different hospitals since March. I have been in this room now since Wednesday after being moved from the general ward. Partially collapsed lung on both sides, Post-Covid lung damage and now a post-op, para flu viral chest infection which means my asthma is completely put of control and i keep going into severe respiratory distress so they are trying to restore lung function. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

The good news is, I am learning how to be a patient and apart from this second stint in an isolation ward, coping much better apart from a few meltdowns when my meds or meals have been missed (because I’m hidden away in a side room?)

My room with a view (told the frightened nurse that I didn’t actually have ebola and full hazmat was probably overkill 😂)

View attachment 162078
Thanks for keeping us updated, and we will keep thinking positive thoughts for you x

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

View attachment 162078
Hi @Zeberdi ,
I’m so sorry to hear of your latest travails. I do hope they sort you out and you have a change of fortune.You really have had a rough time.
I now have a date for my aaa repair at the RSCH, July 18th. I have got problems with urine retention and am up about eight times a night weeing tiny amounts. What with my ‘old man’ prostate and the supposedly rare side effect of the Sertraline I am taking for my anxiety, it is a real pain.
Keep in touch, Zeb, I shall be thinking of you.👍

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hi @Zeberdi ,
I’m so sorry to hear of your latest travails. I do hope they sort you out and you have a change of fortune.You really have had a rough time.
I now have a date for my aaa repair at the RSCH, July 18th. I have got problems with urine retention and am up about eight times a night weeing tiny amounts. What with my ‘old man’ prostate and the supposedly rare side effect of the Sertraline I am taking for my anxiety, it is a real pain.
Keep in touch, Zeb, I shall be thinking of you.👍
Ok well at least we are getting somewhere with the immediate issue - a date is good and although July is not too far off, it sounds like it can’t come soon enough for you. It’s pointless of course saying ‘try not to be anxious or stressed’ because ‘words’ are usually disconnected from the real emotion as we all know but the particular anxiety relating to the AAA will obviously lessen once you get the op out of the way - as for kidney function/ fluid retention I am afraid that is the side effects with many meds and it ends up being a risk-benefit ratio at the end of the day.

I’ll keep popping in but every best wishes for your Abdominal Aortic repair if our posts don’t cross in the meantime. 👍

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Good Luck tomorrow. Positive thoughts. NHS have saved my life. Oh enjoy 2nd half
Good luck to you indeed
The NHS saved my life in March this year, seems like you’re in good hands.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I experienced my first panic attack in 15 years a few days back - and f**k me they are horrible. No “trigger”, it just happened. Can I just say they are absolutely horrific and I wouldn’t wish them on anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here