Men hugging Men.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We seem to be gripped in a fever of touchy-feeliness and any opportunity to pour out our emotions is readily embraced.
The hug or embrace should be a very special moment. An outpouring of emotion at a reunion or an intimate greeting of a loved one. This social hugging going on everywhere looks ridiculous and passes for insincerity and affectation. " Everyone else is doing it, so I'm going to do it as well " mentality. The lemming society strikes again.
A firm handshake is a perfectly acceptable greeting in most circumstances. It is polite and both formal and informal and can be used to greet women as well as men. A firm peck on one cheek is perfectly acceptable when greeting a woman. I resist two. It is unnecessary and again, just pure affectation.
Every five minutes on tv someone is blubbing their eyes out because they've been rejected...." its all I ever wanted. I've worked all my life for this! " ( FFS...you are 17...grow up and get a life )
The catalyst for this release of repressed emotions and abandonment of the stiff upper lip seemed to be the death of Princess Diana. Hundreds of thousands of people lined the streets and sobbed themselves senseless over a woman they thought they knew but had never met. A massive outpouring of public grief never before witnessed. It took a lot of people completely by surprise and they still struggle to come to terms with this constant show of outward emotion.
The hug/embrace has now been totally devalued in society. It should be reserved for very special and intimate occasions. The touchy feely brigade won't stop here. Next stop, men kissing each other, with a peck on both cheeks.
Yuk!!...give me Gladstone and Earl Haig. At least they had a bit of dignity about them ( Thank you Basil )

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We seem to be gripped in a fever of touchy-feeliness and any opportunity to pour out our emotions is readily embraced.
The hug or embrace should be a very special moment. An outpouring of emotion at a reunion or an intimate greeting of a loved one. This social hugging going on everywhere looks ridiculous and passes for insincerity and affectation. " Everyone else is doing it, so I'm going to do it as well " mentality. The lemming society strikes again.
A firm handshake is a perfectly acceptable greeting in most circumstances. It is polite and both formal and informal and can be used to greet women as well as men. A firm peck on one cheek is perfectly acceptable when greeting a woman. I resist two. It is unnecessary and again, just pure affectation.
Every five minutes on tv someone is blubbing their eyes out because they've been rejected...." its all I ever wanted. I've worked all my life for this! " ( FFS...you are 17...grow up and get a life )
The catalyst for this release of repressed emotions and abandonment of the stiff upper lip seemed to be the death of Princess Diana. Hundreds of thousands of people lined the streets and sobbed themselves senseless over a woman they thought they knew but had never met. A massive outpouring of public grief never before witnessed. It took a lot of people completely by surprise and they still struggle to come to terms with this constant show of outward emotion.
The hug/embrace has now been totally devalued in society. It should be reserved for very special and intimate occasions. The touchy feely brigade won't stop here. Next stop, men kissing each other, with a peck on both cheeks.
Yuk!!...give me Gladstone and Earl Haig. At least they had a bit of dignity about them ( Thank you Basil )

Gladstone, a scouser, who opposed the abolition of slavery and Earl Haig who sent millions of men to their death in France?

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
On the contrary. Man hugging is the reserve of those completely at ease with their sexuality.

I'm very comfortable with all of my quirky sexual traits thanks very much I just wondered why men feel the need to hug each other when they meet or say cheerio.

What's not ok, in my book, is to walk in the pub and a mate come up and hug me for nothing. He didn't feel the need to do this a couple of years ago when a handshake or a nod sufficed so why now?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm very comfortable with all of my quirky sexual traits thanks very much I just wondered why men feel the need to hug each other when they meet or say cheerio.

What's not ok, in my book, is to walk in the pub and a mate come up and hug me for nothing. He didn't feel the need to do this a couple of years ago when a handshake or a nod sufficed so why now?

Have you asked him?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
yes, get rid of affection and physical contact.........what a sad closed world you live in.

probably a bit bi-curious or it wouldnt bother you.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I reserve man hugs for close family and a couple of select friends who are experienced and open huggers, but even with them we often just do a handshake. I do like my hugs with Scouse Ginger Phil though 'cos he's cuddly and sometimes adds a little bum cheek squeeze.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hugging is wrong unless with close family. A handshake is sufficient with aquaintenances and not so close friends. Close friends should be greeted with " Alright tosspot" and then leave it.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
my personal rules are:

1. both parties need to be notorious experienced man huggers
2. ideally no more than 2 seconds...MAXIMUM of 5 seconds
3. once the initial contact is made, there must be no progression in the level of physicality
4. man hugs should be from the side (for the less experienced hugger) or a pro-level frontal...NEVER FROM BEHIND
5. under no circumstances may the two parties be lying down at any point...standing only

the general itinerary is: Eye contact---arm stretch from both parties to signify intent----both parties approach at roughly the same speed----ONLY THE TOP HALF OF THE BODY MUST MAKE THE FULL TRIP TO AVOID A CLASH OF GENITALS----some sort of vocal encouragement to ensure that both of you are comfortable----quick squeeze to signify that the hug has reached its emotional destination---break embrace

Absolute gold :lolol:

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I reserve man hugs for close family and a couple of select friends who are experienced and open huggers, but even with them we often just do a handshake. I do like my hugs with Scouse Ginger Phil though 'cos he's cuddly and sometimes adds a little bum cheek squeeze.

Simple rule

Sound hand shake for a mate

Hug for family

BJ for gay mate.

BJ for a gay mate

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Firm handshakes, that's the ticket.

All this hugging has emerged in this country at least, from the import of the 'hipster, young trendy things' concept seen in programs like Friends amongst a raft of others. There is also the 'street gangsta' ultra masculine semi-hug whilst knocking shoulders together which has caused a wider proliferation of this hugging trend.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I rarely kiss the wife these days, I'm certainly not about to get all touch-feely with some johnny-come-lately

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Firm handshakes, that's the ticket.

All this hugging has emerged in this country at least, from the import of the 'hipster, young trendy things' concept seen in programs like Friends amongst a raft of others. There is also the 'street gangsta' ultra masculine semi-hug whilst knocking shoulders together which has caused a wider proliferation of this hugging trend.

Young and trendy...hmmmm....

godfather_family_album_marlon_brando_hugs.jpg

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
There seems to be an epidemic of hugging among older teenagers. I watched a girl hug everyone in a group of 7 (both boys and girls); this was in the library! Frankly, it's just embarrassing.

This... have 15yo daughter and all her friends now insist on hugging everyone in the room when they arrive and when they leave. I don't remember be quite so touchy-feely at that age. Personally, I don't mind, but my son (who is still at a "girls, yuck!" age) hates it. we just laugh about what it will be like in 3 years or so when him and his mates are queuing up to be hugged by a parade of young women!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Dear North Stand Chat,
Tonight I went to Dr. Brighton's with two lovely lads from work for a couple of G+Ts. They both hugged me and I felt all funny inside.

What does this all mean?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Modern boys are turning into girls. They dress like girls and are obsessed with their hair and fashion. Many even straighten their hair and wear leggings and make up.

They all need to man the **** up.

I thought that was the 'Mods' who started that in the '60's....or was it the Teddy boys in the '50's!? Or even the Glam rockers in the '70's!? I think modern lads are not doing too bad t all!

teds1962.jpg
tribes-kinks-431x300.jpg
165628__trex_l.jpg

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
are you confused about your own sexual persuasion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports