Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Membership and sharing tickets (sorry)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
For Premier League games, what you could do is upgrade the ticket from child to adult.

You go to your tickets, check the box and then click "Change Price Type":

View attachment 171040

...unfortunately that hasn't been enabled for the Europa League games so you can't do that.
Yeah have ungraded as above in the premier league previously, shame I can’t do it for the Europa league

To make matters worse to avoid someone else taking the ticket when listed will have to exchange out of hours so to speak!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
That's odd, why is there no compensation if they resell the ticket on the exchange?

I appreciate that it is minimal but there some!!
There is some compensation

Depends on how may of the 3 games have been exchanged as the refund % increases each time (once the initial discount has been recovered)

Match 1 was 80% admin fee
Match 2 was less than. 80%
Match 3 less than match 2 (from memory it was advertised around 50%)

Seagull Stew

Now I have seen this post, I think I will tag onto it with my query regarding tickets rather than start a new post and piss everyone off.

I'm sure this has been covered a million times before, but I am an expat living in NZ and planning on returning to the UK next July to live so haven't been keeping up to date. I will sign myself, my wife and two children (15 & 13) up to my Albion + membership before the season starts, so we will all be members. I plan to go to as many home matches as possible but will probably not bring everyone at the same time. My wife will go to some games which we will preplan so that probably won't be a problem.

As for the kids, my plan would be (at first anyway) to have the kids take turns to come with me to each home game. So one game I will buy a ticket for the oldest and the next game the youngest. Now if for some reason, one of the kids can't make a game they have been designated to go to, am I allowed to take the other child instead and swap for the next game even though technically the tickets will be in the other sibling's name?

Is this something that is a big no no, or is it something that is technically wrong, but the club won't do anything about if caught? Apologies for my ignorance, but the last time I lived in the UK we were at Withdean.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now I have seen this post, I think I will tag onto it with my query regarding tickets rather than start a new post and piss everyone off.

I'm sure this has been covered a million times before, but I am an expat living in NZ and planning on returning to the UK next July to live so haven't been keeping up to date. I will sign myself, my wife and two children (15 & 13) up to my Albion + membership before the season starts, so we will all be members. I plan to go to as many home matches as possible but will probably not bring everyone at the same time. My wife will go to some games which we will preplan so that probably won't be a problem.

As for the kids, my plan would be (at first anyway) to have the kids take turns to come with me to each home game. So one game I will buy a ticket for the oldest and the next game the youngest. Now if for some reason, one of the kids can't make a game they have been designated to go to, am I allowed to take the other child instead and swap for the next game even though technically the tickets will be in the other sibling's name?

Is this something that is a big no no, or is it something that is technically wrong, but the club won't do anything about if caught? Apologies for my ignorance, but the last time I lived in the UK we were at Withdean.
No ones going to ID a child so you’ll be fine with that strategy

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

I can't see a scenario where anyone would find out.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Keeping all the tickets on one phone ( that any of you can take to the game) might be a good strategy as well

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Open wallet, get season ticket up, press the 3 dots in top right corner, select “pass details”. Scroll down and there is the qr code. Take a screen shot (power button and top volume button at same time) and bingo!
Thats the way to do it. No one should be paying extra if family member cant go and want to treat there child to a game

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
'Show code'

gives you a screen with a bar code... can't screenshot it though.
I've just managed to work out how! Go on ticket and click on ••• top right, uncheck hold near to terminal use and also use event ticket across Google. It then shows the bar code and will screen shot.

Has anyone used the bar code before, rather than qr code, as I couldn't get in for the Athens game with a photo of the bar code. I presume screenshot will be OK.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm sure this sort of thing has been discussed before, sorry...

Just bought a ticket using my sons membership (u-18) to buy an adult ticket at full price on the ticket exchange for Saturday.

My friend who is using the ticket is an adult. Anyone thing I'll get any grief at the gate? I'm assuming the light bar will flash as an adult ticket? Tickets are all on my phone

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Just bought a ticket using my sons membership (u-18) to buy an adult ticket at full price on the ticket exchange for Saturday.

My friend who is using the ticket is an adult. Anyone thing I'll get any grief at the gate? I'm assuming the light bar will flash as an adult ticket? Tickets are all on my phone
You would have been better buying a season ticket holder guest ticket (assuming you are a STH) as then you wont be passing a ticket bought by one person onto another person

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

If you have upgraded the ticket to an adult and paid the adult price I don’t see what the issue is?

My son (st under18) isn’t going on Saturday, I’ve upgraded his ticket to an adult, paid the difference and an adult mate is attending instead.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If you have upgraded the ticket to an adult and paid the adult price I don’t see what the issue is?

My son (st under18) isn’t going on Saturday, I’ve upgraded his ticket to an adult, paid the difference and an adult mate is attending instead.
So guess it will flash as an adult at the gate even though the name on the ticket is an under-18?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So guess it will flash as an adult at the gate even though the name on the ticket is an under-18?
The terms for ST Guests dictate that the the St holder is reasonable for the their guest behaviour, I’m guessing it’s the same for an Albion + members guest?

In practical sense if my mate gets pissed up and thrown out I assume the club will want an explanation from me rather than than my 9 year old son though!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

You should be ok. All tickets sold on the exchange are sold as adult tickets regardless of who is using them. In the future as others have said you'd probably be better off just using your account to buy the ticket and leaving it assigned to yourself for a guest to use.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The terms for ST Guests dictate that the the St holder is reasonable for the their guest behaviour, I’m guessing it’s the same for an Albion + members guest?

In practical sense if my mate gets pissed up and thrown out I assume the club will want an explanation from me rather than than my 9 year old son though!
No I don't think they'll be getting pissed up. A friend who doesn't really support anyone but trying to get them to see the light

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No I don't think they'll be getting pissed up. A friend who doesn't really support anyone but trying to get them to see the light
I was talking about my mate going instead of my son, he won’t, but just explaining what the T&C’s say about responsibility for guests

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here