Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Membership and sharing tickets (sorry)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just take a picture of the qr code on your phone - it works fine. I know plenty of people that have gone in on Friends tickets without a proper transfer. Just have the pic of the qr code is enough. As long as the age category is either the same (or the more expensive one) no one is watching
On my season ticket in Apple wallet there’s no QR code? Not that I’m planning to do this. Just interested in why it is different.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On my season ticket in Apple wallet there’s no QR code? Not that I’m planning to do this. Just interested in why it is different.

Open wallet, get season ticket up, press the 3 dots in top right corner, select “pass details”. Scroll down and there is the qr code. Take a screen shot (power button and top volume button at same time) and bingo!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Open wallet, get season ticket up, press the 3 dots in top right corner, select “pass details”. Scroll down and there is the qr code. Take a screen shot (power button and top volume button at same time) and bingo!
That's markedly different to how the Android version works (on my phone at least). Get up the QR code, try and take a screenshot, and you get a message "Can't take screenshots due to security policy"

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yes. It's really galling. It's also one of those things that seems to hit those that already pay the most consistently in the first place. Its not just the money its the facking admin involved.it

I know that whenever anyone says anything about the 'system' there always seems to be a pro-club colin who goes on about the pricing and importance of data and ensuring identity and commercial sevic....yada yada.

But from a purely human, not thinking about the commercial requirements perspective, a grandad letting his granddaughter have his equally priced ticket should not require this much ball ache and it really sticks in the craw to have to re-pay for things. Not a couple of quid admin fee, but charges more than or similar to the cost of a child's ticket in the first place. It just seems weird and not connected to a thing that is a social and generational experience. This transactional approach really tests the bonds you feel!

At one point I was considering listing my dad's ticket on the exchange and then buying it directly.

"What are you doing daddy?"

"I'm just creating an online purchasing profile for you darling, but I'm trying to figure out how I pay for things and connect this to my account, email address, and payment details, but I'm not sure how"

"Why are you doing that Daddy?"

"Because I want to login to your profile, my profile and your grandads profile, on different tabs at the same time so that I can put a theoretical ticket that lives in space but is owned by your grandad on a theoretical auction site run by the football club"

"But why?"

"So that I can then log in as you, or me if that doesn't work and use my card to buy grandads already paid for ticket as a version of you for more than he bought the ticket for in the first place, but I'll have to do it before anyone else from around the world who owns a computer buys it first. Then if I can get it I can hopefully transfer it onto my phone, but as you, so that we can use the machine to get you into the stadium."

"But why Daddy?"

"Progress love. Because of progress"
Brilliant 👍😂

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I did exactly what you want to do this season.successfully and legitimately. Took a while to work out what to do:

Changed my 65+ ticket to an under 18 one at a cost of £8. It would not allow me to change it to a younger ticket.

Transferred the ticket for free to a friend on FAndF.

He downloaded it to his phone for his 8 year old son.

I wasn't there but he said it worked at the turnstile and they both got in.

Sadly it will now cost me an additional £8 to do again so not really worthwhile in the future if junior tickets are available.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes. It's really galling. It's also one of those things that seems to hit those that already pay the most consistently in the first place. Its not just the money its the facking admin involved.it

I know that whenever anyone says anything about the 'system' there always seems to be a pro-club colin who goes on about the pricing and importance of data and ensuring identity and commercial sevic....yada yada.

But from a purely human, not thinking about the commercial requirements perspective, a grandad letting his granddaughter have his equally priced ticket should not require this much ball ache and it really sticks in the craw to have to re-pay for things. Not a couple of quid admin fee, but charges more than or similar to the cost of a child's ticket in the first place. It just seems weird and not connected to a thing that is a social and generational experience. This transactional approach really tests the bonds you feel!

At one point I was considering listing my dad's ticket on the exchange and then buying it directly.

"What are you doing daddy?"

"I'm just creating an online purchasing profile for you darling, but I'm trying to figure out how I pay for things and connect this to my account, email address, and payment details, but I'm not sure how"

"Why are you doing that Daddy?"

"Because I want to login to your profile, my profile and your grandads profile, on different tabs at the same time so that I can put a theoretical ticket that lives in space but is owned by your grandad on a theoretical auction site run by the football club"

"But why?"

"So that I can then log in as you, or me if that doesn't work and use my card to buy grandads already paid for ticket as a version of you for more than he bought the ticket for in the first place, but I'll have to do it before anyone else from around the world who owns a computer buys it first. Then if I can get it I can hopefully transfer it onto my phone, but as you, so that we can use the machine to get you into the stadium."

"But why Daddy?"

"Progress love. Because of progress"
Even I can manage that. Cah!

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Just take a picture of the qr code on your phone - it works fine. I know plenty of people that have gone in on Friends tickets without a proper transfer. Just have the pic of the qr code is enough. As long as the age category is either the same (or the more expensive one) no one is watching
Yes normally works fine
I would defo do that
Very slight risk of it not working
Good luck
Please share the outcome
Many thanks

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Hi all. Thanks for your help, but my daughter woke up this morning and promptly threw up all over herself.

So it's become something of a moot point. Hopefully this thread will help someone else / me in the future.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
That's markedly different to how the Android version works (on my phone at least). Get up the QR code, try and take a screenshot, and you get a message "Can't take screenshots due to security policy"
Yep. Weirdly apple can take screenshot & android cant

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
#asking for a friend. Will this work for Marseille on Thursday. Jnr (adult) can’t now attend. Understand can’t transfer to registered friends and family and no compensation for sending back to ticket exchange
Same boat
Junior wont make this one.
Season ticket holder mate who didn’t take up three match pack nor buy a single is coming. Only way he can have juniors ticket is for me to list on exchange and for him to buy it

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Same boat
Season ticket holder mate who didn’t take up three match pack nor buy a single is coming. Only way he can have juniors ticket is for me to list on exchange and for him to buy it
Any chance of you just taking Juniors phone for the duration of the match and hand it back to him afterwards? Or has Hell more chance of freezing over rather than him being without a phone for a few hours?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Same boat
For Premier League games, what you could do is upgrade the ticket from child to adult.

You go to your tickets, check the box and then click "Change Price Type":

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 19.25.54.png

...unfortunately that hasn't been enabled for the Europa League games so you can't do that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
#asking for a friend. Will this work for Marseille on Thursday. Jnr (adult) can’t now attend. Understand can’t transfer to registered friends and family and no compensation for sending back to ticket exchange
That's odd, why is there no compensation if they resell the ticket on the exchange?

I appreciate that it is minimal but there some!!

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
That's odd, why is there no compensation if they resell the ticket on the exchange?

I appreciate that it is minimal but there some!!
On the website that any compensation would likely be taken up from the applied discount for the 3 match pass.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

No QR codes on the 3 match pack tickets so can’t screenshot them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here