Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Membership and sharing tickets (sorry)

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Sorry, I probably know the answer to this but I can't seem to fund confirmation of it anywhere.
My dad can't go tomorrow and I want to use his ST to take my 9 year old daughter.

I'm on his F&F list but my daughter doesn't have a membership or anything.

Can I ask him to share his ticket with me and I can use it to get my daughter on or do I have to but a seperate membership for her, put her on his F&F list and then share his ticket with her via my phone!??

And if its the latter - can all that be done before tomorrow?

Thanks for any help

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There are tickets but only via the ticket exchange now so something is possible.

BUT - How many tickets do you need ? Do you already have one or a ST ? and are you're planning to get your Dad to share his ticket with your daughter ?

And is your Dad an over 65 - if so that's slightly easier.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
There are tickets but only via the ticket exchange now so something is possible.

BUT - How many tickets do you need ? Do you already have one or a ST ? and are you're planning to get your Dad to share his ticket with your daughter ?

And is your Dad an over 65 - if so that's slightly easier.
Sorry yes I wasn't clear.

Me and Dad both have St's next to each other. His is over 65 but he's not going.

Wanted to take 9 y/o daughter on his ticket but don't know if I have to get her a membership to transfer it if I'm already on his F&F list?

I feel like the answer is pretty simple but can't figure it out.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sorry yes I wasn't clear.

Me and Dad both have St's next to each other. His is over 65 but he's not going.

Wanted to take 9 y/o daughter on his ticket but don't know if I have to get her a membership to transfer it if I'm already on his F&F list?

I feel like the answer is pretty simple but can't figure it out.
You can share the ticket, the first time you share it is free, but you can only share it with an Albion plus Member. So you would have to purchase that for your daughter. It's £26 for a junior membership and if you choose to pay via direct debit it won't be taken from your account until the start of January. Once you've purchased it add her to the F&F list and you should be able to share the ticket.

If you've previously shared your Dad's season ticket with someone else you'll either have to pay the one off cost of £20 for sharing it for the season, or you'll have the option of paying whatever the costs is for the Burnley game (likely to be the lowest of the three sharing band prices).

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
You can share the ticket, the first time you share it is free, but you can only share it with an Albion plus Member. So you would have to purchase that for your daughter. It's £26 for a junior membership and if you choose to pay via direct debit it won't be taken from your account until the start of January. Once you've purchased it add her to the F&F list and you should be able to share the ticket.

If you've previously shared your Dad's season ticket with someone else you'll either have to pay the one off cost of £20 for sharing it for the season, or you'll have the option of paying whatever the costs is for the Burnley game (likely to be the lowest of the three sharing band prices).
Great thanks. If i get the membership for daughter today do you think it'll be ready to share for tomorrow?

I heard something about it taking 2 weeks for albion+ to become active?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
To be honest, if you can get access to his ticket you'll probably be fine using it. No one is going to say anything and they're both concessions.

This is not an official club response

This is the best advice on the thread.

@Oh_aye is your dad’s ticket on your phone by any chance?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I am no expert but I don't think you can do it legally by tomorrow,

As suggested I think the season ticket will just show a blue light (concession) at the turnstile so you probably won't get stopped (hopefully)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great thanks. If i get the membership for daughter today do you think it'll be ready to share for tomorrow?

I heard something about it taking 2 weeks for albion+ to become active?
It’s instant for sharing (did it for a pal recently) - the two weeks only applies for ticket purchasing (presumably to stop away fans jumping on tickets in the hime end last minute)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

It really should not be difficult for you to take daughter to odd game when Father cant go. Club should make it easy as its a joke she has to pay to be a member to use her Grand Dads ticket for a one off game

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Think the different age categories show up as different coloured lights when scanned in at the turnstiles? Might be wrong tho
They do

Me and x1 under 10 have x1 blue and x1 green when we go in, dot recall which way round.

Don’t know if an over 65 or under 18 also have their own colours

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be honest, if you can get access to his ticket you'll probably be fine using it. No one is going to say anything and they're both concessions.

This is not an official club response
Do the entry lights flash the same colour for the different concessions? Now I'm a geriatric my entrance flashes purple*.

Not sure what colour the kid concession triggers.

*f***ing hemorrhoids.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
This is the best advice on the thread.

@Oh_aye is your dad’s ticket on your phone by any chance?
Sadly not. And I won't be able to get hold of it manually as he's not around (NOT THAT I WOULD OF COURSE MR BARBER).

sadly I've just found it way too much of a faff and expense and have kinda given up.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
It really should not be difficult for you to take daughter to odd game when Father cant go. Club should make it easy as its a joke she has to pay to be a member to use her Grand Dads ticket for a one off game
Yes. It's really galling. It's also one of those things that seems to hit those that already pay the most consistently in the first place. Its not just the money its the facking admin involved.it

I know that whenever anyone says anything about the 'system' there always seems to be a pro-club colin who goes on about the pricing and importance of data and ensuring identity and commercial sevic....yada yada.

But from a purely human, not thinking about the commercial requirements perspective, a grandad letting his granddaughter have his equally priced ticket should not require this much ball ache and it really sticks in the craw to have to re-pay for things. Not a couple of quid admin fee, but charges more than or similar to the cost of a child's ticket in the first place. It just seems weird and not connected to a thing that is a social and generational experience. This transactional approach really tests the bonds you feel!

At one point I was considering listing my dad's ticket on the exchange and then buying it directly.

"What are you doing daddy?"

"I'm just creating an online purchasing profile for you darling, but I'm trying to figure out how I pay for things and connect this to my account, email address, and payment details, but I'm not sure how"

"Why are you doing that Daddy?"

"Because I want to login to your profile, my profile and your grandads profile, on different tabs at the same time so that I can put a theoretical ticket that lives in space but is owned by your grandad on a theoretical auction site run by the football club"

"But why?"

"So that I can then log in as you, or me if that doesn't work and use my card to buy grandads already paid for ticket as a version of you for more than he bought the ticket for in the first place, but I'll have to do it before anyone else from around the world who owns a computer buys it first. Then if I can get it I can hopefully transfer it onto my phone, but as you, so that we can use the machine to get you into the stadium."

"But why Daddy?"

"Progress love. Because of progress"

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Sadly not. And I won't be able to get hold of it manually as he's not around (NOT THAT I WOULD OF COURSE MR BARBER).

sadly I've just found it way too much of a faff and expense and have kinda given up.
Just take a picture of the qr code on your phone - it works fine. I know plenty of people that have gone in on Friends tickets without a proper transfer. Just have the pic of the qr code is enough. As long as the age category is either the same (or the more expensive one) no one is watching

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Do they? I thought +65 & u21 were the same & u18 were a different colour

I’m pretty certain u18 and +65 both light up blue. Adult is green and no idea for u21.

Stumpy Tim

Just take a picture of the qr code on your phone - it works fine. I know plenty of people that have gone in on Friends tickets without a proper transfer. Just have the pic of the qr code is enough. As long as the age category is either the same (or the more expensive one) no one is watching
That is a good suggestion actually

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here