Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Medical advice please

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Live yogurt is on the cards for when the antibiotics finish, no point in having it otherwise as the drugs kill the friendly bacteria along with the unfriendly.

As for sleeping, I haven't had a night's sleep in 11 nights now. The cramps wake you, you run to bog, back in bed and sleep until the next one. Unfortunately this means the wife wakes too,

Sounds like an absolute nightmare mate. Best wishes for good test results.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
As for sleeping, I haven't had a night's sleep in 11 nights now. The cramps wake you, you run to bog, back in bed and sleep until the next one. Unfortunately this means the wife wakes too,

Christ I'd have lost the plot ages ago with that. No shame in reporting to A&E.

Hope you are nearly done with this now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sounds like diverticulitis with added haemorrhoid, plus infection. Eat lots of celery and avoid sloppy food. I changed my diet 10 years ago and never looked back (or down). It will settle down. Good luck.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sounds like diverticulitis with added haemorrhoid, plus infection. Eat lots of celery and avoid sloppy food. I changed my diet 10 years ago and never looked back (or down). It will settle down. Good luck.

wonderful stuff celery that and raisins

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that goes without saying.

You'd be surprised . . . . . anyway, it would have been sloppy food that did the original deed, so . . . :shrug:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Right there HT, mainly from the dirty sods who don't wash their hands after going to the toilet, infuriating really.

I see this at the Amex so much. Men leaving the cubicles without washing their hands or worse still, simply running them under a cold tap for 2 seconds with no soap (this actually helps the germs breed!)

Animals. Inconsiderate animals.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Well this was unexpected.

On Sunday my foot started to hurt a bit. By Tuesday I was limping around, by Wednesday I couldn't out any weight on it. Thursday got Xray done due to an existing problem, this morning went to doctor who thought it was gout again so took a blood test. Tonight I have a voicemail from him asking me to go to A&e tomorrow as they found salmonella in the stool samples and my white blood cell count is very high but the uric acid count is normal so it isn't gout.

As I'm sitting here shitting my pants, if anyone has any clue do please tell.

Should add he thinks my football size foot is because of it.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Are you straight?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Uhm, yes.?

Elimination........No judgement,but among other things Salmonella in stools is one such marker,as to why White blood count raised/fighting infection.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Relax. Your doctor is saying go to A and E tomorrow. He can't be that worried for you or you would be in there now.

Elimination........No judgement,but among other things Salmonella in stools is one such marker,as to why White blood count raised/fighting infection.

Sounds reasonable, part of his voicemail I couldn't quite hear properly mentioned bacterial infection.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Lets face it. If he is happy to leave a dodgy voice mail then you really are not on the danger list.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I advise this.............***check with GP*** http://www.doctorsacrossborders.mu/msm.

Fantastic stuff........if you want energy it's this.....among 1000 other benefits..

Edit:Holland and Barrett sell it(among others),i'd go for the powder.....then it's pure and if after stirring in a glass of water the water is clear,it's good.

Check out the intestinal benefits..

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sounds reasonable, part of his voicemail I couldn't quite hear properly mentioned bacterial infection.

Plenty of baulky salads (pipe cleaner for the intestines) nuts etc......

Lets face it. If he is happy to leave a dodgy voice mail then you really are not on the danger list.

Well yes, but as he'd called my mobile 3 times and my wife's twice before leaving the message at 7 on a Friday night personally I'm a tad bit scared.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here