Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meaningless Words in Football

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Following on from the Meaningless Words in Politics thread...

Project.
You might have a five year project in mind Mr New Manager, but lose your first half dozen matches and you're out on your arse.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Confidence On Monday he said: "The chairman has told me I have his complete support and confidence" Sacked by Tuesday

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That kind of player Yes, he might have gone in from behind with both feet off the ground, but there's no way he meant the lad any harm. He's simply not that kind of player.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Character Yes we lost 6-1 but the lads showed some real character out there

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Unlucky

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Palace - Meaningless

Last edited:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
My fave from Big Ron.

In a Sun pull out before the World Cup in 1998 Ron was asked who he thought would win...

He said, "It could be anyone, but if I had to put my hand in a barrel I'd go for Italy."

Absolute nonsense but a phrase I still use today!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Got the ball

Can't be a foul, sure he punched him 4 times and broke his leg, but he got the ball.

Aldridge Prior

Aug 3, 2010
Luxury player As if anyone is picked for his ability to turn a ten nil win into an eleven nil win with a 30 yard screamer and can happily wave opposing players through dangerous areas at all other times.

Whenever our players have done this down the years, fans and managers watching have gone ape-shit. They tend NOT to state jovially "Oh would you look at that? See how Eric Young has waved Glen Cockerill into our penalty area to dump us out of the FA Cup at the quarter final stage. Well that little pleasantry was a little luxury that was well worth the extra fiver I paid on the gate"

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Consolation - A goal that no one cares for and no one celebrates. We were 8-0 down but scored a fine late consolation goal

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Premier League player? Missed the penalty that would have earned your club fifty million quid and yourself the equivalent of six numbers up on the EuroMillions? Lost your wife and three kids in a senseless drive-by shooting? Been sentenced to death by a stoney-faced Thai judge who deemed your evidence inadmissable? You'll be Disappointed.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
"Nearly as in "he nearly saved it as he palmed it on to the cross bar as it flew in from fully thirty five yards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here