Jambo?

Will%20Mellor%20-%20Elvis.jpg

uh, huh. What?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Jambo Seagull said:
uh, huh. What?

The guy in the picture is Will Mellor aka 'Jambo' from Hollyoaks. He was in it from it's conception in 1995 through to 1998. Mandy and Tony have just visited him in the storyline but alas he did not make an appearance.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
He of Casualty fame? I thought he looked familiar. Not me I'm afraid. I have been mistaken for one of the Proclaimers many times, Rick Astley occasionally and a bloke called Brian Burnett on Scottish Passport, but never Will Mellor. Jambo also means hello in Swahili. So there.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I believe he was in Casualty, also rumoured to be doing a song for the European Championships.

dave the gaffer said:
Jam The man

Just to get back to your point....

As far as my memory goes which it is going with age, I noted that there were a few palace fans living in Mile Oak ( of which one was a driver of a Merc who lived in Thornhill ) Whilst I probably mentioned that he was indeed fat ( as I was at the time - therefore pot and kettle would indeed be relevant) I did not know he was a diabetic - in fact how would I?

Anyway......I also thought the womans FA cup game was crap...did anyone see the Sun today about the brawl involving Grimsby ladies and another team from North Yorshire - seemly they ended up lumping eachother after the ref let a few "tackles go".

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

refs should not let tackles go in women's football. They are not meant to have tackle, hence it being women's football. Maybe they were just pre-op.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dave the gaffer said:

did anyone see the Sun today about the brawl involving Grimsby ladies and another team from North Yorshire - seemly they ended up lumping eachother after the ref let a few "tackles go".

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Sounds like typical Yorkshirewomen :lolol: :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
NMH said:
FG, you are coming back as a handicapped person in the next life.
er...... on second thoughts, you already are one.....so according to Hoddle's ethos, you must've been an evil little git in your last life.
Yer, that's it.

yeah, i was obviously "an evil little git" in my past life.

f*** off and grow up

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Hey Jambo......................... was up in Edin the other week, went to the Hearts v Dundee game... not bad... 3-1 hearts, but by christ your stands have got a bit of steepness in them. still made for a good view, and the natives don't like the chaiman much do they?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Strong words B.A.G., . can't disagree with you though........

Ah yes, the voices of reason saw the Hoddle joke, and the pointy fingers jab away at the drop of a walking stick. Let's hope there are no FAT people reading these boards or apologies will have to come thick (pun not actually intended) and fast.

DTG you got a reply to your pm, and I hope it makes nice reading.
b.a.g. I have no idea if you are handicapped or not, or ever were, and actually my post had nothing to do with pointing remarks at present-company who might have physical or mental handicaps (as a couple of reasonable posters ...and looney...could easily see)

Since I spent some childhood years wearing iron callipers and raised shoes due to a handicap of my own, I think I am entitled as anyone to be cynical about Hoddle's bizarre comments.... I certainly didn't agree with his opinion on the subject of handicapped people.

I got kicked by a cowardly 'tough guy' when I wore the metalwork, and I got 'pegleg' from the local skinheads - but I took it in my stride, and took care of the coward when he got too cocky and stuffed his "spastic" down his cauliflowered earlobe (I'll always remember Mr Paul Robb, feathers 'n all). Oh yeah, I did my share of feeling sorry for myself, and I knew what it is pal, to grow a thick skin and get on with it.

Perhaps now I have made my own transgression, I will suddenly and karmically have to have that hip replacement that is now well overdue (according to the original doctors who said I'd have to get that done when I reached 30 ). 'You want to tell me if I crossed lines? I am not going to be triple-editing posts for 2,000 possibilities among the members on this site - but particularly for this one since I was physically handicapped and managed to get on with it then and still am now (rather well though I say so myself).

My advice to anyone still offended - g e t o v e r i t .

(apologies to all people originally born with cauliflower earlobes or who didn't earn it)

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
somerset said:
Hey Jambo......................... was up in Edin the other week, went to the Hearts v Dundee game... not bad... 3-1 hearts, but by christ your stands have got a bit of steepness in them. still made for a good view, and the natives don't like the chaiman much do they?

The stands are excellent but will soon be no more if the Pieman has his way. We at least have another season at Tynecastle which should hopefully give us enough time to get rid of him.

The latest "contenders" for the Hibs job are Walter Zenga (former Italian goalie - yeah right!) and Atli Edvaldson, former manager of Iceland. Given that Partick Thisle had their first away win of the season at Easter Road, whoever takes over has a big job in front of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here