bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
3-1
4 points out of 6
Penalty kicks from a major final
2nd season syndrome

As has been posted with the 4 points you were STILL 10 behind us.

I wouldn't mention your penalties if I were you :ffsparr:

Second season syndrome, please that's the funniest yet, so you suffer from "shit ground, shit fans and town on fire" syndrome.

Keep clutching at those straws, you sound like a right old :tosser:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340543578.428352.jpg

Really is all you need to know

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Oh dear. Spending money that you have no hope of earning back with your pitiful crowds. Heading for admin number 3?

They'll lose 10 points again and all will be forgotten for them. A couple of Palace earlier on in the week were on here arguing that we should blame the rules, and that it doesn't matter for what happened because they were punished, AND using the fact it kept them in the Championship as a means to bragg.
If our clubs success was built on living beyond our means and screwing over local businesses, the last thing i'd be doing is bragging.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Vicente Rodriguez better than all of them

As far as I am aware, Vicente doesn't play for Brighton. Also, he may well be a more talented player, but he'll play less games than any of those 4 if he gets injured (which is very likely) because if he felt fit he wouldn't sign for you - as you know.

You can't STAND the idea that you might have waited 30 years for ONE season ahead of us in the League. I understand mate, it must be very depressing that even with your new stadium and your sugar daddy, you still can't compete with us.

Keep trying to wrap your head around how we're "unambitious" and "going backwards" when we're attracting some of the best players in this division :)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
As far as I am aware, Vicente doesn't play for Brighton. Also, he may well be a more talented player, but he'll play less games than any of those 4 if he gets injured (which is very likely) because if he felt fit he wouldn't sign for you - as you know.

You can't STAND the idea that you might have waited 30 years for ONE season ahead of us in the League. I understand mate, it must be very depressing that even with your new stadium and your sugar daddy, you still can't compete with us.

Keep trying to wrap your head around how we're "unambitious" and "going backwards" when we're attracting some of the best players in this division :)

Someones scored today

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Oh dear. Spending money that you have no hope of earning back with your pitiful crowds. Heading for admin number 3?

Given the maths - "£900K to spend from a £400K transfer"
- little wonder they're up financial shit creek without a paddle

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
You really come across as bitter Mr Ward! 3-1 still hurts obviously, as does all the other vicious beatings I'm sure you have witnessed us deliver to you over the years. And just when it looks like you would finally have your revenge and a few years of dominance over us you come across a Palace side blessed with attacking players like Zaha and Williams and now potentially adding quality like McCormack. Must be pretty soul destroying.

"soul destroying"? :laugh: Yes, I'm so distraught that we have a real, bloody brilliant, home now. So hurt that we have sold 23,000 odd season tickets for next season. So utterly, utterly ravaged by the fact you beat Manchester United reserves, when we beat some full strength Prem teams last season. Yes it was annoying only gaining one point against you last season, but is my soul destroyed that we finished 7 places higher than you? No

Soul destroying that you are getting McCormack? No, as funnily enough, I focus more on my team, and the players we are signing. Kuszczak...better than Speroni? Maybe. If Vicente resigns and gets a full preseason he could devastate this league...plus and new signings would be a bonus.

El-Abd has a whole season now, who, lest we forget, had Yohan Cabaye in his pocket all night :) Will Hoskins may even play a part this season, which could be like a new signing! I genuinely don't care who Palace sign...as I've never been happier as an Albion fan :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Would you like to remind us all of how those years above us were paid for. You know the local businesses, living beyond your means, that kind of thing. Also known as cheating.

But yes, feel free to bragg about all that. And bragg away about all those players you're attracting, because i've not seen any sign yet.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

its all hot air, youre grasping for farts in the wind.... the facts are you have lost scannel and McCormack is speculation in the people newspaper, the facts are you finished 17th in the shadow of your rival, a rival who have moved well ahead of Palace in every area on and off the field and all you've got is hopeful conjecture, talking yourself up and Brighton down in the face of statistical FACTS. 95% certain Vicente will sign, will he be injured who knows, other than those living in a hopeful fantasy land

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
so you really think McCormack, or Zaha as he is today today is better and more complete than Vicente.... all bias aside that is completely deluded. :rotlf:

Vincente is very good on his day, don't deny that. A bit old and very injury prone however. Has he actually signed yet even?? And one player doesn't make a team. I'd seriously be more concerned about Zaha and Williams running at you though supported by Ambrose and potentially McCormack and Aluko.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
...................... all those players you're attracting, because i've not seen any sign yet.

Damn! You've gone and pointed out the minor flaw in their "Vicente hasn't signed for you" argument before they were fully reeled in :fishing:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Vincente is very good on his day, don't deny that. A bit old and very injury prone however. Has he actually signed yet even?? And one player doesn't make a team. I'd seriously be more concerned about Zaha and Williams running at you though supported by Ambrose and potentially McCormack and Aluko.

He is 31, hardly a bit old!

Williams is injury prone
Zaha is off
MCormack hasnt signed
Aluko hasnt signed

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
its all hot air, youre grasping for farts in the wind.... the facts are you have lost scannel and McCormack is speculation in the people newspaper, the facts are you finished 17th in the shadow of your rival, a rival who have moved well ahead of Palace in every area on and off the field and all you've got is hopeful conjecture, talking yourself up and Brighton down in the face of statistical FACTS. 95% certain Vicente will sign, will he be injured who knows, other than those living in a hopeful fantasy land

Except it's not, is it? It's a fact that we've had a bid accepted for McCormack. We haven't "lost" Scannell - we willingly sold him for an amount that was NOT £400k.

Every area? Every area except, you know, our academy and our playing squad - which is what matters.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
He is 31, hardly a bit old!

Williams is injury prone
Zaha is off
MCormack hasnt signed
Aluko hasnt signed

Williams has been injured once. How does that make him injury prone?
Zaha is not off. Where is your evidence for that?
McCormack hasn't signed, you're right, but we've had a bid accepted
Aluka hasn't signed, but we're in talks. Hopefully he will.

31 is quite old for an outfield player. You have the cheek to call Williams injury prone and then praise Vicente?!

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Except it's not, is it? It's a fact that we've had a bid accepted for McCormack. We haven't "lost" Scannell - we willingly sold him for an amount that was NOT £400k.

Every area? Every area except, you know, our academy and our playing squad - which is what matters.

How long do you think your owners will be prepared (and able) to sustain continued huge losses?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here