Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCormack to Palace for £1M

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Steve Parish has already said that the fee was not £400k. Like most, you're simply guessing. Why would we accept less than was offered in January? That'd be silly.

Do you have any press reports to back up that figure? The People reported the McCormack deal and valued Sean's transfer at £900k.

We're going to be a very upset bunch when all of these top class players decide that we're a "little club" half way through contract talks.

the people? pmsl.......450k + add ons and thus why I said JUST OVER 400k (and thats not from a tabloid newspaper)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Every media source I read was reporting 400k

No no no, you don't understand. You increase every figure related to Palace, like how Zaha is worth £15 million, Scannell £900k, and the attendances include all freebies and those who don't attend. Even those with season tickets were on BBS saying how one week it would be announced 14k, the next week it would be half as busy, yet it would again be announced as 14k attendance.

:thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Admit it (I can tell by your bitter post) you'd be GUTTED if this came off!

if it comes off i would be suprised McCormack (whilst getting big wages no doubt) would be so devoid of ambition. Gutted? dont flatter yourself, you finished 17th playing boring shit football, in a half empty dump with groupon deals to try and halt the decline in fans . your club is a joke, Admit it youre DESPERATE to try to and catch up with us.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
There's some real sh*t posted on here but this takes it to new levels.

1) due to the recession.. lol is palace the only ones to suffer
2)the defensive football.. and sht team
3) the stadium ..lol wake up there is not going to a new stadium or complete refurbishment, the best will be is a quick fix

Off course the recession will have an effrct on crowds, it will do at most clubs. The reason it doesn't at your's is because the novelty of the new stadium and the novelty of the new division. But if it wasn't for the recession, I expect there to be more demand.

Shit team? The same team that beat Man U and took 4 points off your tinpot outfit.

The stadium, well I'll believe what our chairman are saying over some biased seaweed :tosser:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Off course the recession will have an effrct on crowds, it will do at most clubs. The reason it doesn't at your's is because the novelty of the new stadium and the novelty of the new division. But if it wasn't for the recession, I expect there to be more demand.

Shit team? The same team that beat Man U and took 4 points off your tinpot outfit.

The stadium, well I'll believe what our chairman are saying over some biased seaweed :tosser:

so they can afford £25 in good times but not £10 on groupon in hard times, same recession is in Brighton mate and guess what its a sell out.

you beat man u reserves and whilst you did well at the Amex it shows youre a good cup team by winning your cup final but youre a shit league team

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If you're be sarcastic then I don't know why? The 3 players mentioned are all class acts at this level.

I'm not I'd be suprised if the playoffs were the height of your ambition this season, with a player like McCormack you should be aiming for an automatic place.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
deletebeepbeepbeep is a Palace convert who came out as a one man Dougie Freeman fan club on another thread recently. As any Roman Catholic, Jew or Moslem will tell you, converts are the most fervent of the lot :lol:

Just recognising that they have made good signings recently, they show a lot of intent and will do well this season IMO anything less than playoffs would be a massive dissapointment for them.

With Sune Alunko that would be 4 players in their team at least too good for this division.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
so they can afford £25 in good times but not £10 on groupon in hard times, same recession is in Brighton mate and guess what its a sell out.

you beat man u reserves and whilst you did well at the Amex it shows youre a good cup team by winning your cup final but youre a shit league team

You really come across as bitter Mr Ward! 3-1 still hurts obviously, as does all the other vicious beatings I'm sure you have witnessed us deliver to you over the years. And just when it looks like you would finally have your revenge and a few years of dominance over us you come across a Palace side blessed with attacking players like Zaha and Williams and now potentially adding quality like McCormack. Must be pretty soul destroying.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You really come across as bitter Mr Ward! 3-1 still hurts obviously, as does all the other vicious beatings I'm sure you have witnessed us deliver to you over the years. And just when it looks like you would finally have your revenge and a few years of dominance over us you come across a Palace side blessed with attacking players like Zaha and Williams and now potentially adding quality like McCormack. Must be pretty soul destroying.

7 places 10 points

That is all

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Vicente Rodriguez better than all of them

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

Off course the recession will have an effrct on crowds, it will do at most clubs... but it was palace dropping in vast numbers.

Shit team? The same team that beat Man U and took 4 points off your tinpot outfit...
hmm.gif
where did palace finish in the league.

The stadium, well I'll believe what our chairman are saying over some biased seaweed.. and this is what i like about palace fans they so gullible.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just recognising that they have made good signings recently, they show a lot of intent and will do well this season IMO anything less than playoffs would be a massive dissapointment for them.

With Sune Alunko that would be 4 players in their team at least too good for this division.

Not entirely in disagreement that they have some good players and I too think they have a useful manager but the ground is a cess pit and this is a Brighton forum............. for that reason alone I don't think we should be encouraging the parasites from breeding off the success of this site

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No no no, you don't understand. You increase every figure related to Palace, like how Zaha is worth £15 million, Scannell £900k, and the attendances include all freebies and those who don't attend. Even those with season tickets were on BBS saying how one week it would be announced 14k, the next week it would be half as busy, yet it would again be announced as 14k attendance.

:thumbsup:
I now see the error of my ways :lol:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
3-1
4 points out of 6
Penalty kicks from a major final
2nd season syndrome

If by 2nd season syndrome you are referring to us, would that be the same 2nd season syndrome that palace posters were this time last year telling us would reduce our season ticket holders?:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here