mcclean

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No, but at this current moment in time we paid over the odds. I can't ever see us selling him for more than the £3.25 million, and for a league 1 player at his age i think we paid too much money.

We didnt pay £3.25m for him though by quite a long way. Also Reading offered more for him in January than we paid, so slightly undermines your argument.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We didnt pay £3.25m for him though by quite a long way. Also Reading offered more for him in January than we paid, so slightly undermines your argument.

£2.5M + £750K add ons + signing on fee

Pretty much £3.25M assuming add ons (promotion) are spread over his contract.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
CMS was not overpriced he has such an amazing work rate and make all the right runs but gus needs to brim in the support for him, he can't do it all on his own.

I agree that his workrate does go a long way to justifying his work rate but I can't disagree more about his runs. He almost never makes the right runs! Its why every match I get frustrated that if a winger fires the ball low across the six yard box he's nowhere to be seen. Barnes makes better runs whixh is why a) Vicente looks for Barnes and b) Barnws scored more from left wing.

I do, however, think CMS is a great player.

On the McLean front, for £500k max, maybe... For £2m, absolutely never in million years!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
£2M? For what? If that's the extent of our ambitions we're in for a long and miserable season I reckon

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I do hope not. It would mean that CMS is going nowhere but 2million for a 5ft 8in short arse who has proved he is not really up to this level, is very worrying if true.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
I do hope not. It would mean that CMS is going nowhere but 2million for a 5ft 8in short arse who has proved he is not really up to this level, is very worrying if true.

looked a very good player at the amex . best player on the pitch i thought ?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
looked a very good player at the amex . best player on the pitch i thought ?

He did put himself about a bit, I agree. I'm not saying he would not be a good addition as I personally think we need two strikers anyway. The thing I would find very worrying is the price tag, like others have said, maybe £1m max but no way £2m.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thought this was funny on the Hull forum...

're: Brighton - McLeanI reckon Brighton might lose Poyet to the PL before the start of next season.

It just goes to show that, our managerial position is not as bad as it could be'

er, yes it is mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports