Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mcclean

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I like what I've seen of him but he hasn't scored goals in the Championship, £2m seems very high. Risky. If it's true, but it's been consistently and imo believably rumoured that we want him.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I like what I've seen of him but he hasn't scored goals in the Championship, £2m seems very high. Risky. If it's true, but it's been consistently and imo believably rumoured that we want him.

You mean to say he's another free scoring third division ex-Peterborough striker that doesn't cut the mustard in the Championship?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You mean to say he's another free scoring third division ex-Peterborough striker that doesn't cut the mustard in the Championship?

Yep, although him and CMS "did a job" at Posh, perhaps it is a ploy to get CMS a good partner. If he signs for 2 Million (way more than hes worth), then people will want instant goals - and if he doesnt score them, imagine what it would be like on here.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
From the ever wonderful Football Transfer Rumours Football News

02 Jun 2012 10:17:55
Hull City striker Aaron Mclean is set to join Brighton for a fee believed to be £2m

I'd like to know the accuracy of that site. Annoying when a rumour gets picked up from there and passed on as a bona fide rumour from a 'source'.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
From the ever wonderful Football Transfer Rumours Football News

02 Jun 2012 10:17:55
Hull City striker Aaron Mclean is set to join Brighton for a fee believed to be £2m

I'd like to know the accuracy of that site. Annoying when a rumour gets picked up from there and passed on as a bona fide rumour from a 'source'.

I'll tell you about the accuracy, if it's on that site its not true.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
£2m would be overpriced on an even larger scale than CMS, and that's coming from a fan of CMS.

Hope it's bollocks at that figure, probably is given the source being footballrumours.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
£2m would be overpriced on an even larger scale than CMS, and that's coming from a fan of CMS.

Hope it's bollocks at that figure, probably is given the source being footballrumours.

How is CM-S overpriced? He has three years left on his contract. Granted, his first season didn't pan out, but he could well fire us into the top flight, with a little help from friends. Would he still be over priced?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
How is CM-S overpriced? He has three years left on his contract. Granted, his first season didn't pan out, but he could well fire us into the top flight, with a little help from friends. Would he still be over priced?

No, but at this current moment in time we paid over the odds. I can't ever see us selling him for more than the £3.25 million, and for a league 1 player at his age i think we paid too much money. Like those who think Andy Carroll was over priced, at £35m. Last season he proved that, next season IF he scores 50 goals and Liverpool win the treble maybe opinions will change, and that's a big IF.

To argue that someone COULD score goals doesn't make them value for money. Ryan Harley COULD score 50 goals next season, but i doubt many will be defending his signature based on if's and buts.

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
CMS was not overpriced he has such an amazing work rate and make all the right runs but gus needs to brim in the support for him, he can't do it all on his own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here