Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] McAllister

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why on earth does GP think he’s not match fit, needs time to adjust etc. FFS, when will Brighton managers buy players to actually put straight into the team? You know, that old tried and tested method used by EVERY F UCKING OTHER CLUB in the top four divisions? Good enough for Boca? Well, clearly you need to learn the Brighton Way first - here, take 18months off first to adjust, preferably in a foreign league. Won the Balon D’or? Here you go, play tomorrow night in the Sussex Senior Cup first and let’s see how you get on. Most exciting prospect in Chelsea under 21s? I’ll see if we can squeeze you into the annual REMF match as a ringer...

Strewth, this buy and loan out 43 players strategy is a huge success isn’t it? Meanwhile every other club buys 11 quality ones and sticks them in what’s called the 1st team. And plays them every week. Still, what do they know? We’re building for the future*

I don’t have a problem with the loan method on the hopes the club in earths some talent for the future
But the club needs to also consider the hear and now. No point having the best academy teams and players if your 1st 11 can’t compete. If your in league 1 then you won’t be attracting the best kids here anyway as they will want to be associated to PL clubs
As for Mcallister he has to be fit enough for a place in the squad at least. I know the Argentine league isn’t played at same pace but he has been playing for a top club as well as with Argentina
Lamptey we don’t even have that excuse Lampard for him on v arsenal and he did well helped turn that game in their favour. With all our RB struggles the kid whose good enough for Chelsea must surely be good enough for us at the moment

He was playing before. He’s a youngster not a lame horse. Our team plays slowly. And many of our players looked blown by 70th min yday.

Nah, I reckon he’ll be able to ‘keep up’ with our ‘pace’ without first needing a 4 week training exercise in the Breacons with the SAS. It’s just baffling why he’s not in the squad even. But then if the speed of decision making off the pitch is anything like on it I guess we shouldn’t be surprised.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
What if, just saying like, Potter did not ask for MacAllister, did not feel he needed or wanted him at this point in time, and does not as Head Coach want to feel as though he is being manipulated by another senior person in the club who might think they can influence and pick the team for Potter, and therefore to make a statement Potter deliberately leaves out MacAllister, causing significant friction between himself and the other senior person who influences football matters, and what if that senior person, who you would expect to be at the heart of home matchday events did watch the game in the stadium yesterday, but did not enter the boardroom as is custom, just saying like...

I do love a bit of conspiracy theory, Wedgee 😅. Could be true. But Potter keeps saying McAllister is great in training, a very intelligent footballer etc...a bit over the top if he doesn't intend to play him?...or maybe a decent smokescreen! We'll never know, mate.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
FFS, when will Brighton managers buy players to actually put straight into the team? You know, that old tried and tested method used by EVERY F UCKING OTHER CLUB in the top four divisions? Good enough for Boca? Well, clearly you need to learn the Brighton Way first - here, take 18months off first to adjust, preferably in a foreign league. Won the Balon D’or? Here you go, play tomorrow night in the Sussex Senior Cup first and let’s see how you get on. Most exciting prospect in Chelsea under 21s? I’ll see if we can squeeze you into the annual REMF match as a ringer...

[emoji122]

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
After the game, radii sussex interview GP and asked why MacAllistair was not in the squad. He replied that he is still getting used to being in a new country and getting familiar with his surroundings, or words to that effect.
How the hell is that better than being surrounded by players and staff and concentrating on performing for his new club? GP really has no idea. Unless wedgee is correct. And if he is, why the hell wouldn't GP want an Argentinian international player in his squad?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Maybe he's decided not to upset the rest of the players by letting these two newbies walk into the matchday squad. Frankly, he should do the opposite!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
What if, just saying like, Potter did not ask for MacAllister, did not feel he needed or wanted him at this point in time, and does not as Head Coach want to feel as though he is being manipulated by another senior person in the club who might think they can influence and pick the team for Potter, and therefore to make a statement Potter deliberately leaves out MacAllister, causing significant friction between himself and the other senior person who influences football matters, and what if that senior person, who you would expect to be at the heart of home matchday events did watch the game in the stadium yesterday, but did not enter the boardroom as is custom, just saying like...

assuming there is an ounce of truth in this then GP is on very tricky ground. It would be different if we were winning and scoring, however we rarely score and I cant remember the last time we took the lead let alone won a game. Surely AM brings a different dimension and we need all the help we can get. If two senior people in the club are arguing over it then one of them needs to leave. As things stand I wouldn't be sad to see both go and we had some harmony on the pitch.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
assuming there is an ounce of truth in this then GP is on very tricky ground. It would be different if we were winning and scoring, however we rarely score and I cant remember the last time we took the lead let alone won a game. Surely AM brings a different dimension and we need all the help we can get. If two senior people in the club are arguing over it then one of them needs to leave. As things stand I wouldn't be sad to see both go and we had some harmony on the pitch.

If this was true

I’d certainly want them both handed their P45’s soon as possible.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005

My understanding is that there is a lack of clarity over exactly who has input to the selection for the match day 11+7, and a similar lack of clarity over who has the absolute final say. I have known executive and senior managers in my career (finance and banking) who deliberately structure departments and teams with an element of lack of absolute clarity over authority and accountability, because it fosters a spirit of positive tension which forces people together to crack problems. I’ve seen it work, and when it does it’s great. And I’ve seen it fail spectacularly. I can’t say too much, but I believe this pot has been simmering, and on Saturday it blew up, both before and after the match.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My understanding is that there is a lack of clarity over exactly who has input to the selection for the match day 11+7, and a similar lack of clarity over who has the absolute final say.

So they take turns and that's why the team changes each week?:D

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My understanding is that there is a lack of clarity over exactly who has input to the selection for the match day 11+7, and a similar lack of clarity over who has the absolute final say. I have known executive and senior managers in my career (finance and banking) who deliberately structure departments and teams with an element of lack of absolute clarity over authority and accountability, because it fosters a spirit of positive tension which forces people together to crack problems. I’ve seen it work, and when it does it’s great. And I’ve seen it fail spectacularly. I can’t say too much, but I believe this pot has been simmering, and on Saturday it blew up, both before and after the match.

Brilliant so whilst we fight for our survival we have an ego battle behind the scenes. What an absolute shit show

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
There is no proof that this situation is true, though.

Poster has been credible in the past and would explain why the clubs Twitter is raving about MacAllister but he is not making the squad. Let’s wait and see but it is not beyond the realms of possibility is it

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

So, the first team coach doesn't pick the first team/squad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here