Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] McAllister

Dec 9, 2015
As I said before he has played in the derby against River Plate , also Argentina under 20s , under 23s and the senior team. Think he could have handled the Palace

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Presumably someone at the club must have an inkling as to what he can do, otherwise why sign him in the first place and why pay to bring him over early?

Impossible to say why. It would be good to see a new option. I'd just counsel against him being seen as the one.

I'd like to know, as has been mooted already, who is involved in team selection.

Today was all about missed chances though. If Albion had won 2-1 NSC would have been a haven of praise about how quiet Palace and Zaha were kept. Which, mostly, they were.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Friday night the under 23s played Derby with three overages players it would have been a perfect opportunity to try either player out but the fact they were not used led me to assume they would be on the bench as a minimum today

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
As I said before he has played in the derby against River Plate , also Argentina under 20s , under 23s and the senior team. Think he could have handled the Palace

Especially as it wasn't a particularly physical or tense game - not as much pressure as there will be later when we really do have 'must win' games mathematically.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hasn’t he played for Boca against there biggest rivals slightly more hostile ? West Ham throw there new signing straight in and scores . If he can’t handle it why the bloody hell have we coughed up to get him back over here . Wolves away next week even bigger now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My emphasis was on easy ..premier league is a different kettle of fish ..doesn’t mean I thought he might get his chance ..as an aside prior to the game and not with hindsight who would you have dropped from last week and why (to make way for him)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Friday night the under 23s played Derby with three overages players it would have been a perfect opportunity to try either player out but the fact they were not used led me to assume they would be on the bench as a minimum today

That question came up yesterday when there absence was taken as a sign they would be in the squad today, and again today when it was found neither MacAllisteer nor Lamptey were going to be anywhere near the action.
Surely they should have featured in one or the other.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I expect him to get minutes against Wolves. The war in Sheffield might not have been the optimal start, not a derby either, but next week against Wolves is really a nothing-to-lose type of game. Would be very surprised if he's not on the bench, could even be starting.

Lamptey.. less certain.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
My emphasis was on easy ..premier league is a different kettle of fish ..doesn’t mean I thought he might get his chance ..as an aside prior to the game and not with hindsight who would you have dropped from last week and why (to make way for him)

Left out March put Mooy out wide and played him behind Maupay . Why . March not prem league and running out of games to save ourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Why pay 600k to bring a player back off loan and not even put him on the bench.

I will deal with this part.

Wasn't the point of bringing him back now that he only had a work permit until June? Therefore if they waited they would have to start the whole process off again, but if they bring him back now and he starts playing then the work permit is just renewed.
At least, that's what I read.

Besides all that, I really think we need to take a chance with him as one player doesn't make a team normally, but he could make the difference in us staying up with the games we have left.

We just cannot take that chance because I wonder how many of the players have a release clause in if we go down to the Championship? I would think none, but you never know.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:facepalm: Neither has Messi - we'd presumably have to leave him on the sidelines for a few weeks to make sure he was up to speed ....................

Messi was banging in regular goals in the Champions League for Barcelona at this point in time. Rather don't think he had anything to prove.

If Mac was showing unbridled talent he would be in our match day squad by now, unless it's another factor. They wouldn't leave someone out without there being reason.

As said before, it is most likely the permit thing that brought him back.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Obviously playing Palace or Sheff Utd was too much for him this soon. So Wolves / Man City / Arsenal will be ok

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Does anyone know why Mac Allister and Lamptey were not even on the bench?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here