Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May the best team win...

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Like most on here i'm relaxed as well, let's not forget we were not betaken home or away by the two teams that got automatic promotion, unfortunately though we are playing Derby *gulp* Could be worse though, at least it's not our "friends" up the road :albion2:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Anything from here is a bonus, can't hold it against the third place team who are 13 points ahead if they progress.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
We were probably the form team of the league going into last year's play offs.
Arguably Derby are the form team of the league going into this year's play offs.

Last year Palarse were probably the biggest pile of dog shite ever to get into a play off.
This year we are not quite as bad as Palarse were, but honest posters would agree we've recently played some pretty poor stuff getting into the play offs.

So you guys are probably currently feeling exactly as we did at this exact time last year, and fair to say we are all probably feeling exactly as the caravan dwellers felt at this exact time last year.

Look what happened .......

I hope history repeats itself!! :albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
from the reaction of people on here all season you'd think we were in a relegation battle

Prob the same people who didn't throw their toys out after we picked up a vital point away at Barnsley the other day. The people who were proved right. The ones who weren't impatient & whinging. The 'realist' fans who have seen us struggling for years at Withdean / Gillingham etc - just a thought...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Morning you guys!

(Sensible Rams fan here - hope you don't mind!)

Brighton....... lovely city, went last summer with the family, the boys loved it, spent half our time in that trendy trainer shop down a small street... the weather was amazing, had wall to wall sunshine and a great week. Amazing bars on the front, the youngest did that surfing thing where you stand up... loved it... stayed at the Jurys Inn by the station, nice walk down the hill... in fact, would live there, one of my top 3 fave places in the UK I have visited.

Anyway, to the football... how you feeling? nervous, anxious, apprehensive, confident....? all the emotions I bet... well, you have obviously had a decent season, and I don't go with anyone saying you sneaked in... you have been there or thereabouts all season and deserved you place in the top six... so congrats. Watched you beat our rivals on the last day at the City Ground... was hilarious to hear the red dogs sing "thats why your staying down" when they scored a fluke goal... then you beat them in the last minute... perfect for us Rams that was! so thanks for that.

Anyway, hope the Rams (for our sake) turn up tonight, but see no reason why they shouldn't... under Steve Mac they have only lost 5 games in 32 games, and remember the leagues highest goal scorers. Derby to be honest have been playing some amazing football.. the best in years... and with the new players who have come in, Thorne (WBA), Wisdom (Liverpool), Bamford (Chelsea), have been superb... Derby also have a very strong bench - looks like Will Hughes will be on the bench, showing the strength in depth - also with hardly any injury concerns... I am off to the iPro stadium where its being shown on a big screen in the corporate suites! I know you prob don't care less, but just wanted to have a bit of friendly banter before the big game...

Enjoy the match, hope the best team wins over the two legs... R
All very nice. You're not as good as Leicester and we beat them twice this year. We've only lost 8 league games since September despite having several key players injured for most of the time. Game on.

Ernest: We are never going to be brothers in arms and fill the stadiums - Brighton fan, Derby fan, Brighton fan, Derby fan, Brighton fan, Derby fan, Brighton fan, Derby fan, Brighton fan, Derby fan, Brighton fan, Derby fan... but I see no harm in some polite banter. 'Hate' is a very strong word!
Don't worry about that rubber johnny, the only things he hates are half and half scarves, Dick Knight, Cold fry ups and most of the SIGNING from the north stand ultras

Redcar

May 8, 2014
Well, that was interesting!

I joined 500 Derby fans in the corporate suites @ the iPro witnessed an edgy game that never really got a flow IMHO.

Brighton saw more of the ball, but as soon as it was given away I thought Derby looked more like scoring.

Derby looked way too defensive - more than I have seen them for a long time and the stats made that clear.
However, come Sunday, I think you will see a different Derby side and will be wave after wave of attacks... just my biased prediction of course.

One goal in it, so still to play for!

seagullhoop

Nov 6, 2012
Brighton
exactly ... A scrappy goal, a pen and an in-off the keepers arse and a near equaliser but for a great save from your keeper - still all up for grabs...

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I thought Derby looked quick and that is what all they had,although I appreciate that they
Must have more due to where they finished. Ref was awful seemed to give Derby everything. So that's 3 games this year v them
And don't think to be honest we deserved to lose any off them. I am
Very confident that maybe our luck might change Sunday as they will not put 10 behind the ball and rely on pace?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Well, that was interesting!

I joined 500 Derby fans in the corporate suites @ the iPro witnessed an edgy game that never really got a flow IMHO.

Brighton saw more of the ball, but as soon as it was given away I thought Derby looked more like scoring.

Derby looked way too defensive - more than I have seen them for a long time and the stats made that clear.
However, come Sunday, I think you will see a different Derby side and will be wave after wave of attacks... just my biased prediction of course.

One goal in it, so still to play for!

VERY surprised that Derby did not continue to attack in the second half as they could have turned us over and taken a 3-1 or 4-1 lead into the second leg. It is all about who gets the first goal on Sunday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
VERY surprised that Derby did not continue to attack in the second half as they could have turned us over and taken a 3-1 or 4-1 lead into the second leg. It is all about who gets the first goal on Sunday.

This. Especially as Calderón was on a yellow from fairly early on. It was a missed opportunity to protect what they had (which they did, very competently).

In the end there is one goal in it, so we are far from out of it.

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
Had Tom's misfortune happened to another keeper I would be crying with laughter :(
So far a cracking cup tie, with it still all to play for. At some point against Derby we will get the rub of the green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here