Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May the best team win...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
[MENTION=29385]Redcar[/MENTION] I always look out for Milton Bradley's runners at Redcar and Beverley!

This season's playoffs don't seem to have the same expectation as last years. The Palace match was one that we just HAD to win, and didn't! I obviously want us to beat Derby and win the final, but if we don't do it its not biggie to me. I like having a competitive team in this league, its fun.....probably more fun than losing most weeks in the top league.

:)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Latest; 850 tickets left for Derby fans for Sunday...

That's a good effort.

I've little expectation going into these matches. I think on our day either team could turn the other over without too many issues. Over the last 3 seasons it's 3 wins to BHA, two to DC and one draw...i'm not going to put any money on it. On paper you're the team to beat but this season is so bloody topsy-turvy that i'm not ruling anything out. I'd obviously LOVE us to win but like many have said, there's less pressure this time around as we were the form team last season and buggered it up.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm relaxed. No expectations on us. Let's go in, play out game and let the result take care of itself.

Much happier not having the weight of expectation on our shoulders.

Totally this.

Last year was stressful. This year it's ok whatever happens (provided we put in a strong performance).

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm feeling pretty nonchalant about it - there is no pressure or expectation on us. Hopefully it'll be two entertaining games and if we come out on top then great, I'll be delighted and excited for Wembley. If not it isn't the end of the world and I'll be hoping Derby win the final, especially if QPR beat Wigan.

And absolutely this as well.

This time last season I was pacing up and down the office, I had a sicky feeling and was sweating at the prospect of playing "them"

This year, Meh.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't care if we get played off the park in both games but go through to Wembley 1-0 due to a 123rd minute own goal off the Derby 'keepers arse.

"May the best team win" bollox. Nice sentiment though :thumbsup:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Another feeling pretty relaxed. I don't think we deserved to lose at Pride Park earlier in the season, but you have to expect both sides to play better than the dirge they both produced on that occasion!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Already exceeded expectations this season for me so anything else is a bonus. If we don't make it, I hope you do as I can't bear the thought of that gurning, tax-dodging half-wit 'Arry gloating.

Best of luck but I naturally hope you narrowly lose a thoroughly entertaining encounter :albion2:

Stumpy Tim

[MENTION=29385]Redcar[/MENTION] I always look out for Milton Bradley's runners at Redcar and Beverley!

This season's playoffs don't seem to have the same expectation as last years. The Palace match was one that we just HAD to win, and didn't! I obviously want us to beat Derby and win the final, but if we don't do it its not biggie to me. I like having a competitive team in this league, its fun.....probably more fun than losing most weeks in the top league.

:)

Very much this

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The last two seasons I went to the away match, draw and a loss, irc. Not going Sunday, so hoping that run changes!:)

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
We're all a bunch of pretty chilled out seagulls, I know I am (unlike last season)
Hoping for a decent result tonight but not really expecting one.
I'm actually looking forward to watching tonight rather than viewing with a deep sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.
May the best team win

cyberleech

May 21, 2013
I'd put Derby in the the top 3 of the visiting teams this year, we just couldn't stop them. So I just hope we do enough to make the second leg do-able.

Just hope we don't have any of those plastic clappy things...

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
This time last season I was pacing up and down the office, I had a sicky feeling and was sweating at the prospect of playing "them"

This year, Meh.

Very much this for me.

Still remember that sicking playoff hangover feeling that lasted about 3 weeks after last year.

This year will be very much a case of 'Oh well lets have a crack at the title next season.'

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Generally expectations are low but when we click we can give anyone in this division a fright as our results against the top teams suggest. This is now a knockout competition and as with us last year previous results and records mean nothing other than providing a comfort blanket to mask fans nerves.

All I want this year is for us to show what we are capable of and not shrink on the big occasion. If we get beaten after that so be it

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Generally expectations are low but when we click we can give anyone in this division a fright as our results against the top teams suggest. This is now a knockout competition and as with us last year previous results and records mean nothing other than providing a comfort blanket to mask fans nerves.

All I want this year is for us to show what we are capable of and not shrink on the big occasion. If we get beaten after that so be it

Yep, a very good point. We're better against the better teams. Let's give it our best shot and give a good account of ourselves. We've got good attacking players, a bit of play-off experience, and much less pressure. We've got match winners and a tight defense so while on paper Derby should edge it, they'd be foolish to write us off. If we get into our stride we can be devastating, Derby will have to try and stop us playing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Question for our Derby friend:

Do your fans know much about financial fair play & are u aware of the trouble forest will / could find themselves in next season? (October I think the accounts are submitted maybe)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Yep, a very good point. We're better against the better teams. Let's give it our best shot and give a good account of ourselves. We've got good attacking players, a bit of play-off experience, and much less pressure. We've got match winners and a tight defense so while on paper Derby should edge it, they'd be foolish to write us off. If we get into our stride we can be devastating, Derby will have to try and stop us playing.

Agreed.

tamworthram

May 5, 2014
Last I checked Pride Park hasn't sold out and its no where near sold out - nearly 4,500 tickets available (I know this because we've sold out our allocation and would like to take quite a few thousand more :albion2: ) Given you've averaged around 24000 bums on seats this season I can't see you selling an extra 10,000 seats...

According to the official DCFC twitter account there are only 1000 tickets left for Sunday's game so I don't know where the 4,500 came from and it should sell out easily unless we get hammered tonight (there might be a few risk taker waiting to see what the result of the first game is).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here