Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay Dropped

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Going by potter’s comments in the Argus, it sounds like Maupay behaved like a dick for a bit, but now it’s all blown over

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Potter in the lunchtime press conference has effectively confirmed Naylor's Athletic story - that Maupay was dropped for an "altercation" in the dressing room after West Brom. But now wants to move on. Maupay "available for selection" v Burnley.

“Mistakes are made, feelings run high. Sometimes a line is crossed & you react. There are no problems with that.
“We've dealt with it, Neal’s trained with the group, he accepts it's not his finest hour.”
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1323983803220713472

All makes sense now, these things happen, it's been dealt with, move on.

Hope he starts on Friday, Maupay with a point to prove could be a real positive for us.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
All makes sense now, these things happen, it's been dealt with, move on.

Hope he starts on Friday, Maupay with a point to prove could be a real positive for us.

A great sentiment to end the thread, perhaps?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Had a bit of a run in after the game we were disappointed with.....been dealt with well, shows feelings run high but it shows they care and want to win. Go NM take it out on Burnley. Jobs a good'un. :kiss:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Potter in the lunchtime press conference has effectively confirmed Naylor's Athletic story - that Maupay was dropped for an "altercation" in the dressing room after West Brom. But now wants to move on. Maupay "available for selection" v Burnley.

“Mistakes are made, feelings run high. Sometimes a line is crossed & you react. There are no problems with that.
“We've dealt with it, Neal’s trained with the group, he accepts it's not his finest hour.”
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1323983803220713472

Once the Telegraph covered it, I knew there was validity.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Having played football at a semi decent level some 30 odd years ago we used to have bust ups yet to be completely dropped from the group It could of involved some fisty cuffs.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
To be honest I'm glad there was an altercation and words (and probably more) exchanged after the West Brom result.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Anyone else heard this:

Apparently Maupay, Connelly and Ryan involved in full blown training ground punch up.

Broken up by Bruno who got a bloody nose in the process... ��

If true i am confident to say it wouldnt have been Ryan who threw the first punch, we know we have two grumpy forwards :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If true i am confident to say it wouldnt have been Ryan who threw the first punch, we know we have two grumpy forwards [emoji38]ol:
Not necessarily, we all know that Aussies love a good fight.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Anyone else heard this:

Apparently Maupay, Connelly and Ryan involved in full blown training ground punch up.

Broken up by Bruno who got a bloody nose in the process... ��

If you were asked to pick three show ponies from the squad . . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here